Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    For my CZ friends,
    It seems there has always been a couple of sellers out there with the old surplus CZ 75s available. The prices have varied wildly as has the condition of these guns. Right now, for those who love these old surplus guns, we are living in a great time. As we have all seen there is currently a glut of these pistols available all over the Interwebz. But, history tells us this cannot last. Eventually these are going to dry up. I think everyone knows what will happen with the prices when this happens. I think these will always be available, here and there, from people who've decided to move on or from vendors getting the last trickle of these guns. But, this heyday that we are currently experiencing, with depressed prices and a huge selection available, cannot last. So, my friends, if you are drawn to these guns and have any notion at all of someday acquiring one I would urge you to strike while the iron is hot. Some of the models available, particularly in some of the compact configurations, will probably never be seen again. They simply don't make them anymore. Someday, in the not too distant future, we will look back at this time with fondness and, possibly, regret. No one knows how the political landscape is going to change over the next months and years. Wholesale import of surplus guns could go away completely. Those new models everyone drools over will almost certainly be there next year. These guns may not. Happy hunting.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    BA, Do you have links to those sites that sell the surplus CZ? Rusty sent me one link buy I would mind seeing what else is out there. That is of you want to keep all of them to yourself? :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    BA, Do you have links to those sites that sell the surplus CZ? Rusty sent me one link buy I would mind seeing what else is out there. That is of you want to keep all of them to yourself? :):

There are a slew of them on Gunbroker. Bud's Guns also has been selling a lot of them. You can also find them off and on at Aim Surplus and J and G Sales.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    For my CZ friends,
    It seems there has always been a couple of sellers out there with the old surplus CZ 75s available. The prices have varied wildly as has the condition of these guns. Right now, for those who love these old surplus guns, we are living in a great time. As we have all seen there is currently a glut of these pistols available all over the Interwebz. But, history tells us this cannot last. Eventually these are going to dry up. I think everyone knows what will happen with the prices when this happens. I think these will always be available, here and there, from people who've decided to move on or from vendors getting the last trickle of these guns. But, this heyday that we are currently experiencing, with depressed prices and a huge selection available, cannot last. So, my friends, if you are drawn to these guns and have any notion at all of someday acquiring one I would urge you to strike while the iron is hot. Some of the models available, particularly in some of the compact configurations, will probably never be seen again. They simply don't make them anymore. Someday, in the not too distant future, we will look back at this time with fondness and, possibly, regret. No one knows how the political landscape is going to change over the next months and years. Wholesale import of surplus guns could go away completely. Those new models everyone drools over will almost certainly be there next year. These guns may not. Happy hunting.
    This is exactly why I couldn't wait any longer. I'd actually like to purchase a couple more as refinish projects. If more compacts become available through buds, I won't hesitate to buy one. Would like to add a compact....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom