Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The only difference between my gun and an 85 Combat is that the Combats usually come with an adjustable rear sight. My gun has all of the pre-B characteristics. It has the squared off trigger guard, where yours is rounded. It has the pinned front sight where yours is staked. It has the ring hammer where yours has the spur. My 85 also has the full length serrated spine on the slide where your 75 does not. Also, your magwell is a bit smaller and will not accept B magazines without alteration to the gun. In the little bit of testing I did with the 85 before it went in I think mine has that same issue.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The only difference between my gun and an 85 Combat is that the Combats usually come with an adjustable rear sight. My gun has all of the pre-B characteristics. It has the squared off trigger guard, where yours is rounded. It has the pinned front sight where yours is staked. It has the ring hammer where yours has the spur. My 85 also has the full length serrated spine on the slide where your 75 does not. Also, your magwell is a bit smaller and will not accept B magazines without alteration to the gun. In the little bit of testing I did with the 85 before it went in I think mine has that same issue.
    Thank you sir. I need to start taking notes. I will be fixing the mag issue as well as straightening out or removing the brake spring completely. I need to get with DOGG and see just how bad mine doesn't like B mags.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

While I have my pre-B stripped, I need to tweak the mag well a bit. I opened it up when I first got it, but there are still a couple of 75B mags that are tight. A couple of thousandths off the back of the mag well should bring it in line with the others that I've modified to take the B mags.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thank you sir. I need to start taking notes. I will be fixing the mag issue as well as straightening out or removing the brake spring completely. I need to get with DOGG and see just how bad mine doesn't like B mags.

There is a post on another forum that discusses the mag well. I will find the link and post it for you.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

My '88 did not like the B mags at all, so I'm guessing that your '86 will balk too.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It really is a good forum. Just don't mention the words 'Witness', '10mm', 'slide' and 'crack' in the same thread though. There are folks that are pretty sensitive to that issue and mods will kill any thread that is not started by someone that can prove they personally experienced it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It really is a good forum. Just don't mention the words 'Witness', '10mm', 'slide' and 'crack' in the same thread though. There are folks that are pretty sensitive to that issue and mods will kill any thread that is not started by someone that can prove they personally experienced it.

They only have one active Mod. But, his surliness and quick hammer are force multipliers. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom