The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    My youngest brought home the Leader of the Month award for 1st grade! I have a deal with all my kids that if they get the award we all go out as family to celebrate at the restaurant of their choosing. Of course he told us “Mom, just make me a cheese quesadilla”. :facepalm:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I think it depends. I had a love for computers and it was my main hobby back in the mid 90's. I still did well going into IT and felt that having a passion for computers helped me be a better IT worker. I think, in order to truly enjoy your job and feel like you're contributing to society and earning a wage in a manner that makes you happy, or at least content, you have to have passion for what you're doing. I'm still passionate about Information Security, even after being in this field for 11 years. Yes, I no longer have a passion for computers and regular IT work, but I transitioned to something similar to keep my passion going (and to get a better paycheck). I don't think there's anything wrong with being passionate about what you do. You do need to be careful, as your love for what is basically now your hobby may sour once you're doing it because you have to, rather than because you want to.
    I’m regards to your “souring” comment.

I would argue, that following your example, growing and changing with your passions is a must. Even if you have to direct your path. You must have an optimistic perspective on what it is you are trying to get into. You can grow to love and appreciate something, even if it didn’t interest you in the beginning.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Like everyone in here, I have a few cool guns. How do you pick a favorite.

I have a lot of hammers. They all have different purposes, and they perform as they should.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Like everyone in here, I have a few cool guns. How do you pick a favorite.

Tough queston ! I think that you just bond with the gun ..... one way, or another.
    The look, the feel, the sound, the result(s) over the long-term.
    Something that 88' wisely mentions is the gun allows you to have pleasing experiences/memories with others.

If I could only pick three .... and I hate to leave some worthy candidates in the rearview mirror, these would be them, I think.

1, Brutus (of course)
    2, Son of Brutus (S&W 500mag)
    3, Blue Mink 5.56 AR (built by TT and myself, it was even known to touch KJQ and garner kind words from T-DOGG)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom