The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Got the shot this morning, talked my wife into letting me stop by Marksman on the way back. Saw a few things, including an interesting Range Officer Compact in 9mm, but think I'm going to wait for a Commander Garrison 4.25" as it seems the RO Compact is a bit of a unique sized frame (not govt size).

Was able to walk a little better this afternoon and headed to Costco to pick up a few things including $199 of a new router because mine decided to take a dump last evening and reset itself to factory default.

I reconfigured my old one last night and today and every time I'd reboot it, it lost its config again , so I'm guessing the flash storage on it that retains the config took a dump or is corrupted. I've seen other reports of folks with the same router say similar after 4 years or so old. Hated to spend the money because the previous router was still fast and gave great coverage in the house.

So got a new one and set it up to look like the old one. Seems to be working.

View attachment 331720
    That's a good price for that RO Compact, 4 inch barrel with officers grip, would make a nice custom base gun.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's a good price for that RO Compact, 4 inch barrel with officers grip, would make a nice custom base gun.
    I thought it might be. Didn't know a ton about it at the time, but kind of thinking I'd like a steel frame commander. That said, I do like the bull barrel on the RO compact. If I didn't have a lot already going out this month on some house stuff and some unexpected travel I recently did I might have jumped.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They are pretty well stocked currently, lots of nice toys.
    I really wish I was closer to them. With them doing so much with used guns, you just never know what they will have in at any given time. I do like checking their website as well. Would be bad on my wallet to be close though as if you see it and really want it you pretty much have to jump.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I really wish I was closer to them. With them doing so much with used guns, you just never know what they will have in at any given time. I do like checking their website as well. Would be bad on my wallet to be close though as if you see it and really want it you pretty much have to jump.
    Tell me about it, my bank, grocery store, and the tavern we visit now and again all right there so am by there several times a week. Willpower, must be strong like bull!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh, and another camera was delivered today. This one was all of $12 and is more half a camera than a whole one. The parts that are missing are not needed for me but the parts that are there will give me spares for the 3 magnets, A/T Flex circuit and some other bits. Best part is that the top cover is like new. I'll be able to use that to bring back a really beat up camera to make it presentable again.

It really is the journey, isn't it :)

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Oh, and another camera was delivered today. This one was all of $12 and is more half a camera than a whole one. The parts that are missing are not needed for me but the parts that are there will give me spares for the 3 magnets, A/T Flex circuit and some other bits. Best part is that the top cover is like new. I'll be able to use that to bring back a really beat up camera to make it presentable again.

It really is the journey, isn't it :)
    Just curious, you ebaying/selling some of these after fixing or stockpiling them?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thank you 88. I wrote myself a note to take a look for that book. I apologize that I don't have the energy this morning for a longer reply.
    Another book that you might find useful is 'The 12 Week Year'. It's a technique that breaks goals into 12 week segments and focuses on ways to define goals and get them done reliably. Approaching this decision with that technique might be a way to see if a new direction is the route to take without going too far off the current track.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just curious, you ebaying/selling some of these after fixing or stockpiling them?
    Right now, giving them away to friends that are interested in film photography. I've passed several along and there are some folks that never thought of film now really getting interested in it. Roberts Camera in Indy has some rough used equipment that might be a bit beat up, but is workable. I will put a camera back into service mated with a $10 lens from the bin at Roberts to give someone a start. It's becoming quite fun. I do have a bit of a stockpile of cameras though. I'm up to 8 Canon A-1s with two of those being used for parts, one on the bench right now and the rest getting used regularly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom