The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I had never used diamond files prior to my time with AllenM. I bought a few sets of them on Amazon and absolutely love these damn things. Between these, some boride stones, and the detail sanders I'm beginning to really enjoy the bench time blending and cleaning up lines and such. The main benefit to the diamond files is that you can file in any direction you want, instead of having to push the file on each stroke.

View attachment 331902View attachment 331903
    Handy tools, I use them as well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Took my daughter's old ride to Carmax on Southside and sold it. Quick and easy experience. Had lunch with my wife down at Ale Emporium, stopped quickly at AEAMMO (no Blazer aluminum case in store and the person manning the store was surprised it was on the website but not in store) and now back at the house trying to stretch out my back on the exercise bike.

Hope all is well with folks today.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Took my daughter's old ride to Carmax on Southside and sold it. Quick and easy experience. Had lunch with my wife down at Ale Emporium, stopped quickly at AEAMMO (no Blazer aluminum case in store and the person manning the store was surprised it was on the website but not in store) and now back at the house trying to stretch out my back on the exercise bike.

Hope all is well with folks today.
    I have been thinking about hitting the treadmill today. 2024 is the year of my next half marathon.

Just haven't decided if I will run it or drive it.

t-dogg brought this up last night...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have been thinking about hitting the treadmill today. 2024 is the year of my next half marathon.

Just haven't decided if I will run it or drive it.

t-dogg brought this up last night...

With my membership at TargetSportsUSA, I paid $210 a case for the same ammo 2 days ago, plus tax ($226.41 total).

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Howdy all hope everyone's ones having a good weekend.

NEWT2.jpg

Now I know this looks like any other picture of my P10-C I've posted before but this one has the replacement trigger HBI sent me. After some dry fire I am a little scared this trigger might have the same problem as the last one, which if it is the case means the problem might be my gun. :facepalm: I am going to give this a small break in period before reporting back to HBI but it might be the case they have to actually look at my gun. I hope not and I'm just psyching myself out. As far as HBI they just got my trigger yesterday at the end of their work day and they're off on the weekends, so nothing back from them understandably. On the bright side I am getting the full take down and assembly of my P10 memorized and was able to do it in 20-30 mins this time with out a video. So deep cleaning if even needed will be easier in the future.
    Hopefully shooting it Monday will melt my suspicions away. :runaway:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I saw one of the new TRP 'Classics' today, they're very nice, I wouldn't buy one at MSRP but it was a solid gun.
    How does the saying go 'this didn't age well'. I actually went back to the LGS today to use a free range coupon to dial in the ZEV and G45 and actually took a look at that TRP Classic they had, that thing was fit up tight, trigger was spot on, safety had the snick just right, good beavertail fit and great magwell fit. With night sights being standard and the new serrated slide top (likely done to compete with the new Valors) I have to say it's probably worth MSRP (1899.00) even though i've seen places now with them in the 1600's. With pricing in the 1600's I would give the edge now to the TRP vs. Valor. I also handled the 9mm Garrison Commander, I was worried it might be a bit of a brick like my BUL was but it's not bad at all. One of the most interesting guns I handled was a 2011 style from a company called Jacob Grey, the TWC9, that thing was fit very nicely as well, super smooth slide and frame fit and nice barrel fit, priced at 2395.00.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Howdy all hope everyone's ones having a good weekend.

View attachment 331982

Now I know this looks like any other picture of my P10-C I've posted before but this one has the replacement trigger HBI sent me. After some dry fire I am a little scared this trigger might have the same problem as the last one, which if it is the case means the problem might be my gun. :facepalm: I am going to give this a small break in period before reporting back to HBI but it might be the case they have to actually look at my gun. I hope not and I'm just psyching myself out. As far as HBI they just got my trigger yesterday at the end of their work day and they're off on the weekends, so nothing back from them understandably. On the bright side I am getting the full take down and assembly of my P10 memorized and was able to do it in 20-30 mins this time with out a video. So deep cleaning if even needed will be easier in the future.
    Hopefully shooting it Monday will melt my suspicions away. :runaway:
    Is it something that just a tad of material removal from the frame would solve?

I know a guy with diamond files....

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That is a bold statement!
    Well, in my sample size of one lol, but SPFD looked to have stepped it up with this new TRP, the slide/frame fit was definitely better than the last Valor I handled, if you care about such things. I still give DW an edge in consistent beavertail fit and I like their thumb safety.

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Is it something that just a tad of material removal from the frame would solve?

I know a guy with diamond files....
    It might be the case but I'm not sure 100%. I am thinking the front drop in piece might be the problem and part of the milling of that piece wasn't fully done where that piece meets the frame where the hole for the trigger is. If this is the case another theory I have is that because this gun is made in 2022 and in the Czech Republic, the manufacturing/milling might of been changed to save time in order to pump more guns out as the Russia Invaded Ukraine that year. Now all of that stuff is hypothetical but I do think the front insert piece might be the problem. Once more not actually sure. Thanks for reading my word spaghetti.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    How does the saying go 'this didn't age well'. I actually went back to the LGS today to use a free range coupon to dial in the ZEV and G45 and actually took a look at that TRP Classic they had, that thing was fit up tight, trigger was spot on, safety had the snick just right, good beavertail fit and great magwell fit. With night sights being standard and the new serrated slide top (likely done to compete with the new Valors) I have to say it's probably worth MSRP (1899.00) even though i've seen places now with them in the 1600's. With pricing in the 1600's I would give the edge now to the TRP vs. Valor. I also handled the 9mm Garrison Commander, I was worried it might be a bit of a brick like my BUL was but it's not bad at all. One of the most interesting guns I handled was a 2011 style from a company called Jacob Grey, the TWC9, that thing was fit very nicely as well, super smooth slide and frame fit and nice barrel fit, priced at 2395.00.
    Just curious how much was the Garrison going for?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom