THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    On my way to 7000, this could take all day.
    Or, like 5 minutes?
    Follow me over to the politics section!

Ok seriously though, what’s the difference between the Shadow, Shadow 2 and the Competition Blue (that Firehawk now has)? Bedsides the fact that you tuned the Competition Blue…

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Or, like 5 minutes?

Ok seriously though, what’s the difference between the Shadow, Shadow 2 and the Competition Blue (that Firehawk now has)? Bedsides the fact that you tuned the Competition Blue…
    The only differences I can tell between the SP01 Shadow and Competition is the Shadow has the larger style safety and the Competition has the competition style hammer. And difference in grip panels.

The Shadow 2 seems to be a larger frame and slide which is why it can be fitted with the Accu-bushing but the SP01 can’t (I think).

My understanding is the SP01 was modified as the Shadow and Competition for competition. Where as the Shadow 2 was designed for competition from the start.

Did I get that right?

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Or, like 5 minutes?

I think the Shadow 2 s just a little bigger, heavier with some suttle ergonomic changes. The slide & frame is a little longer & wider. Longer barrel, the rail was changed from 3 slots to one. The beaver tail has a slightly different feel curving down to the back strap giving it a 1911 like memory bump where the Shadow one feels smooth when sliding the web of you hand up the grip into your full grip. The Shadow 2 has a more perceived deeper feel into your full grip with the feel of a 1911 curved mainspring housing under the beaver tail. For me it gives a little more control of the small amount of felt recoil due to the pistols extra weight & design. The slide also has angle cuts from its top down to its slide rails with deeper and wider cut slide serrations both forward and rearward. The slide rib is the same, but the Shadow 2 has a nice adjustable rear sight. The front sight is still a fiber optic but just a bit longer in length. Both have full lenght recoil guide rods. The trigger guard is more squared giving room for bigger digit and the ability to wear gloves. Slide release and safety levers are pretty much the same, All the internals are samey same. Both have slides that are tightly fit and barrel bushing of the same fit. The mag release is larger extending rearward and is adjustable making it easier to reach for stubby thumbs like mine. I think the Competition Blue may be fit up a little tighter and of course has the blue grips and mag bases for its name! This is JMHO after comparing the 1 & 2 side by side and has not been submitted to the honchos at CZ:)

Last edited:

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Patoka Lake? I have a friend that lives down in that area. I’ll ask him he’s seen or heard of anything. @Guns&engines You have mountain lions in your area?
    Not that I'm aware of. I've heard a few stories but that's it. Another INGO member that lived couple miles from me has a pretty good story about one killing his livestock.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    39° cool this fine Saturday morning at the hacienda. Onions I planted last week are popping up. Hummer has been by. Peonies are up that we transplanted last fall. Spring is showing promise. Clouds looked like rain earlier but have thinned a bit. Coffee is about 2/3 gone and I'll have to burst into action soon.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    No springing here. Left knee has been acting up. Swelling of the tendon just below the knee cap and hurts to the touch. Okay to walk, hurts to bend down or get up from a chair or worse the ground. Ibuprofen and daily icing seem to be helping. If that doesn't work, ortho doctor visit will be in order.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Left knee started playing the snap / crackle / pop game about 20 years ago. Have never had any sort of pain associated with it until a few weeks ago. Of course anytime I accidentally drop something in the garage it has to roll under the car, every time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom