THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    No springing here. Left knee has been acting up. Swelling of the tendon just below the knee cap and hurts to the touch. Okay to walk, hurts to bend down or get up from a chair or worse the ground. Ibuprofen and daily icing seem to be helping. If that doesn't work, ortho doctor visit will be in order.
    Sometimes doc is our friend. That stuff they're doing with spinning your own T cells out and placing them at the inflamed joint might be worth investigating as well. I've heard a couple of amazing success stories where surgery was avoided.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sometimes doc is our friend. That stuff they're doing with spinning your own T cells out and placing them at the inflamed joint might be worth investigating as well. I've heard a couple of amazing success stories where surgery was avoided.
    Seems like every time I've went for aches and pains, they always asked if I've done icing and over the counter pain reliever. Thought I'd start there first.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I think part of the issue is no physical activity and then all of a sudden I'll spend 2-3 days in the garage. Body doesn't seem to like that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think part of the issue is no physical activity and then all of a sudden I'll spend 2-3 days in the garage. Body doesn't seem to like that.
    That's definitely been my issue to an extent with my back. Had some pain in December and then lots of sitting time in the winter, in ways to take pressure off the back, but then I did too much sitting and it made it worse and weakened up the muscles, etc. Seems the best case is knowing limits but moving "enough" but not pushing it too far. Difficult to know where the balance is sometimes.

Been doing PT (along with some meds) and getting back to more normal activity levels (though the weather hasn't been super cooperative on the weekends) and it seems to be helping.

Also been utilizing my standing desk height a lot more as well.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Stretching may help too. At 40 and all the sudden jumping into basketball after being out of shape, I was getting some tendon pain in my knees and ankles. For me part of the problem was my muscles were not conditioned and after activity they would tighten up and strain the tendons. Stretching helps me relieve the strain. Of course I’m not a doc and this may be completely different than what you have going on. Just putting it out there.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Stretching may help too. At 40 and all the sudden jumping into basketball after being out of shape, I was getting some tendon pain in my knees and ankles. For me part of the problem was my muscles were not conditioned and after activity they would tighten up and strain the tendons. Stretching helps me relieve the strain. Of course I’m not a doc and this may be completely different than what you have going on. Just putting it out there.
    Have been told about the importance of stretching by an older co worker. I have so many things bouncing around in my head all the time that I forget to stretch. I pretty easily pull a muscle or get muscle cramps.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Have been told about the importance of stretching by an older co worker. I have so many things bouncing around in my head all the time that I forget to stretch. I pretty easily pull a muscle or get muscle cramps.
    An easy way to work it into your day is just do some stretching while you’re doing something else like watching TV (or eating ice cream).

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've got so many little accessories to sell. This is going to take forever. I have large plastic totes full of gear and accessories.
    Feeling overwhelmed.
    I helped CM sell off all of his small stuff. It was a big endeavor, even for me. So I can certainly understand how you feel.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom