• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I just can't understand a Python which locked up, in the words of my gunsmith, 'as tight as a bank vault', with no discernible bore wear, would shoot that bad. I suppose it is possible that it and my hand just weren't made for each other, but it still threw me quite a curve going from a gun I couldn't hit with to one I seemingly couldn't miss with.

Understandable and weird I agree. I've only shot mine so my sample size is small. Lol

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I just can't understand a Python which locked up, in the words of my gunsmith, 'as tight as a bank vault', with no discernible bore wear, would shoot that bad. I suppose it is possible that it and my hand just weren't made for each other, but it still threw me quite a curve going from a gun I couldn't hit with to one I seemingly couldn't miss with.
    Must have been the operator. :stickpoke:..................:p

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, it's been a busy day in this thread. I really need to avoid going into the office since it makes me have to play catch up each evening.

Hey BA, take a look at the UrbanERT when you are at the 1500 next week. They are an Indiana based company and usually have a booth setup so you can see their stuff and how it works. The thing I like about their slings is that they are wider and a lot more comfortable than the Magpul sling I have. Their single point slings run under $50 and can be had in something like 8 different colors. One of the other things I really like about them are that they take a different approach than others in that you can buy one sling and connectors for all of your weapons and then just clip what you are shooting to the sling setup.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't have a full size...

Started making my brand new Ruger cmd "mine". Felt a little funny taking sandpaper to it at first, but I have a plan! Say goodbye warranty!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Got the rest of my M1A stuff today and installed all of it, the handguard will be painted black eventually. :)

- removed forward rail section and installed standard handguard
    - shimmed gas block/cylinder .010"
    - replaced factory operating rod spring guide with Sadlak National Match version
    - installed Bassett scope mount, warne rings, and Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 Scope

Still needs a good sling, most likely will purchase a GI style one like Rusty has on his Scout. Also need a taller front iron sight, if Springfield would ever reply to my email from days ago.

Oh and it now has a name.....Thumper.

attachment.php

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Oh and it now has a name.....Thumper.

attachment.php

I would definitely take Thumper hunting! Also, I got a really nice sling for a Secret Santa gift. I think it was CM who got it. I absolutely love it, but can't remember what it's called. CM????? If you don't mind telling, how much did that scope hit you for?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I would definitely take Thumper hunting! Also, I got a really nice sling for a Secret Santa gift. I think it was CM who got it. I absolutely love it, but can't remember what it's called. CM????? If you don't mind telling, how much did that scope hit you for?
    I think I paid $329 for the Strike Eagle last year. That is a solid solid scope. Very well worth the money IMO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I got you the sling "Q"

Brownells.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom