Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I agree on the wheel gun action. My six shooter:

How does that work out for you? I had a 4 inch Python that I couldn't hit the side of a barn with, dumped it, and bought a 4 inch Model 66 which places anything close enough for a handgun in immediate danger should it be targeted. My only regret is that I sold the Python before the prices went through the roof.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Well I figured I'd throw it out here first. I'm probly gonna let the 75B move on. I do like it, just doesn't fit my hand like I thought it would. It'll be up in the classies for a good price.

First time poster in this thread. Thread stalker since CZickness 2.0. Trying to figure out the right way to dip my toe in the CZ waters not knowing much about them.

CP, if/when you are ready to list please let me know. I think I'm interested.

Thanks all all and I will go back to lurking for a while longer.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    First time poster in this thread. Thread stalker since CZickness 2.0. Trying to figure out the right way to dip my toe in the CZ waters not knowing much about them.

If you pick up that 75B, that would be a great starting point. Just depends on what you want and what you like. The 75B is full size, as is the SP-01 and the P-09 (polymer). Going to compact size would be the 75 Compact, P-01, 40P and P-06. P-07 if you want polymer. If you want a little steel frame subcompact, the 2075 RAMI is a heck of a nice gun. They even have a nice 1911 in their name, or very nice ones from their Dan Wesson division. Lots to love when it comes to CZ :D

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

GregD called dibs on it about five seconds after I posted that.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    How does that work out for you? I had a 4 inch Python that I couldn't hit the side of a barn with, dumped it, and bought a 4 inch Model 66 which places anything close enough for a handgun in immediate danger should it be targeted. My only regret is that I sold the Python before the prices went through the roof.

It shoots real nice, I would say it's the most accurate pistol I own. It was like new when I got it 4 years ago, I have put at least 300 rounds of 357 and 200 rounds of 38 through it. Trigger is crisp and smooth, sights are dead on, I love it. I would shoot it more but 357 isn't cheap! Every 6 months or so I think about getting a set of hogue stocks for it and shooting it more. Maybe this year. :)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Okay, my heart stopped beating for a moment!
    CZ 75 TS ORANGE​
    CZ_75_TS_ORANGE.png
    CZ_75_TS_ORANGE_detail-1.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It shoots real nice, I would say it's the most accurate pistol I own. It was like new when I got it 4 years ago, I have put at least 300 rounds of 357 and 200 rounds of 38 through it. Trigger is crisp and smooth, sights are dead on, I love it. I would shoot it more but 357 isn't cheap! Every 6 months or so I think about getting a set of hogue stocks for it and shooting it more. Maybe this year. :)

Sounds great! Mine patterned like a shotgun. One of my favorite moments with the 66 was one Fourth of July spend with a bunch of guys I was working with, I was outshooting several others at 50 yards. They were using rifles.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    If you pick up that 75B, that would be a great starting point. Just depends on what you want and what you like. The 75B is full size, as is the SP-01 and the P-09 (polymer). Going to compact size would be the 75 Compact, P-01, 40P and P-06. P-07 if you want polymer. If you want a little steel frame subcompact, the 2075 RAMI is a heck of a nice gun. They even have a nice 1911 in their name, or very nice ones from their Dan Wesson division. Lots to love when it comes to CZ :D

I defintiely am looking at at the full sized steel frame guns. Just been kicking the idea around for a while now and it seems like the time is right to start getting more serious.

Ive defintiely enjoyed the picture, conversations, information, and silliness in here. Fun crowd.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Sounds great! Mine patterned like a shotgun. One of my favorite moments with the 66 was one Fourth of July spend with a bunch of guys I was working with, I was outshooting several others at 50 yards. They were using rifles.

Nothing wrong with a Smith! Or with a good revolver in general, I wouldn't hate a 686 one of these days to play with.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Nothing wrong with a Smith! Or with a good revolver in general, I wouldn't hate a 686 one of these days to play with.

I just can't understand a Python which locked up, in the words of my gunsmith, 'as tight as a bank vault', with no discernible bore wear, would shoot that bad. I suppose it is possible that it and my hand just weren't made for each other, but it still threw me quite a curve going from a gun I couldn't hit with to one I seemingly couldn't miss with.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I need to adjust the color on that pic, though. There's a weird purplish cast to the carving on the grips. The cushion that the gun is sitting on is almost the same light green as the INGO background, so I don't know why it came out so weird.

This is a little better.

686_zpsscylnoyk.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom