• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well how about this. If the Criminal in Chief does, indeed, have the G7 at Doral-Miami, has he broken this law?
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/208

I'd like to hear a non-Trumper's opinion on this, as Trumpers can find all sorts of reasons to excuse things.... or they will just avoid looking altogether.
    Looks like it would hinge on this to me.
    (b)Subsection (a) shall not apply—
    (1)if the officer or employee first advises the Government official responsible for appointment to his or her position of the nature and circumstances of the judicial or other proceeding, application, request for a ruling or other determination, contract, claim, controversy, charge, accusation, arrest, or other particular matter and makes full disclosure of the financial interest and receives in advance a written determination made by such official that the interest is not so substantial as to be deemed likely to affect the integrity of the services which the Government may expect from such officer or employee;
    His interest definitely isn't hidden.

I don't think the integrity of the services is in question.

That law is really hard to use against the President, since it wouldn't be hard getting a waiver from those that work for him.

So, unless he is charging more for the services than would be charged elsewhere, I do not think you have a case.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well how about this. If the Criminal in Chief does, indeed, have the G7 at Doral-Miami, has he broken this law?
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/208

I'd like to hear a non-Trumper's opinion on this, as Trumpers can find all sorts of reasons to excuse things.... or they will just avoid looking altogether.

IANAL, but the way I read it, it looks like it would be illegal. I don’t now what that means for a sitting president. I imagine Trump has some lawyers who, like they did during the Russia witch hunt, kept him from obstructing justice, they would certainly inform him that it’s illegal. At this point who knows if he’s serious or if he’s just trolling Democrats. We’ll see.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Didn't we just go through some bull **** not too long ago about fueling up a plane close to a Trump property, but later found out that deal was set up during the Obama administration?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Oh, he changed it too early. He should have let the dumocraps go mental for a few months more. They enjoy that so much and now he is depriving them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, he changed it too early. He should have let the dumocraps go mental for a few months more. They enjoy that so much and now he is depriving them.
    But if he did, he should leg Republicans know he was just trolling. They rightly revolted.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He’s obviously reading this thread and decided that Alpo’s right about security. WTG Alpo! You saved the G7 from a sure Democrat terrorist attack. Or maybe Libertarian. Either way, the nations representing the G7 owe a great debt of gratitude.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Crisis averted. Kut can stand down for now. No worries. I’m sure there will be more opportunities to raise the hackles.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Crisis averted. Kut can stand down for now. No worries. I’m sure there will be more opportunities to raise the hackles.

Are you kidding? Why, Trump merely suggesting it is literally Hitler and grounds in itself for not just impeachment, but draw and quartering.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Thank you. I know, I know. I expect Bug will have something snarky to say, but at least the Elite of INGO acknowledge my contribution. That is thanks enough.

....and did you see that Camp David is under consideration once again? :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump said:
    I thought I was doing something very good for our Country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 Leaders. It is big, grand, on hundreds of acres, next to MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, has tremendous ballrooms & meeting rooms, and each delegation would have its own 50 to 70 unit building. Would set up better than other alternatives. I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA. But, as usual, the Hostile Media & their Democrat Partners went CRAZY! Therefore, based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020. We will begin the search for another site, including the possibility of Camp David, immediately. Thank you!

[video=youtube;xPlqLHcphyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPlqLHcphyw[/video]

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Actually having it at Camp David would be one way of taking a shot at the media so that would be a plus.
    But G7 has so far outgrown that place, by the hundreds if not thousands, they would have to inform the other countries to severely cut back their entourage.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Actually having it at Camp David would be one way of taking a shot at the media so that would be a plus.
    But G7 has so far outgrown that place, by the hundreds if not thousands, they would have to inform the other countries to severely cut back their entourage.
    They’ll have to cut back to at least 2012 levels.

If so maybe that might catch on with current government spending.

Oh, who the hell am I kidding.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom