• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Then you wasted a lot of electrons for no reason. And the proper response is "I don't care". You shouldn't presume you know what everyone else thinks. If you did, you wouldn't have posed the line of inquiry in the first place. :)

So sweeping generalizations like "Trump is corrupt", that take your own biases and attribute them to a much wider following, are wrong now?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like him. I'm entertained by all of it. I hope he's not removed. I don't think he necessarily should be, nothing really stands out at the moment that would make me think he should be impeached. I hope he gets another term.

I also think he makes a lot of decisions that make himself look bad... give them ammo against him. Maybe that's strategy though. I also think a lot of the good things he's done get completely ignored. I also think the attacks against him are conflated and unfair, but that's politics.

I don't believe in the 5D-chess stuff. I think he gets away with some of the "unpresidential" stuff because we've been fatigued by it over the past few years, and the "other side" has gone just as far over-the-top with their responses to it.

Is he a great President? Meh. Is he good? Sure. Does he make it hard to defend him sometimes? Absolutely. And if you can defend anything and everything he does, you're not being genuine with this forum, or yourself. And that's okay. I think we'd have better, less-confrontational conversations/debates if we could all agree the man is fallible.

Edit: This is at no one in particular.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I like him. I'm entertained by all of it. I hope he's not removed. I don't think he necessarily should be, nothing really stands out at the moment that would make me think he should be impeached. I hope he gets another term.

I also think he makes a lot of decisions that make himself look bad... give them ammo against him. Maybe that's strategy though. I also think a lot of the good things he's done get completely ignored. I also think the attacks against him are conflated and unfair, but that's politics.

I don't believe in the 5D-chess stuff. I think he gets away with some of the "unpresidential" stuff because we've been fatigued by it over the past few years, and the "other side" has gone just as far over-the-top with their responses to it.

Is he a great President? Meh. Is he good? Sure. Does he make it hard to defend him sometimes? Absolutely. And if you can defend anything and everything he does, you're not being genuine with this forum, or yourself. And that's okay. I think we'd have better, less-confrontational conversations/debates if we could all agree the man is fallible.

Edit: This is at no one in particular.

Brilliant summation. The only slight change I would make would be to change 'the' in the penultimate line to 'that'

The constant haranguing of any one side by the other doesn't leave any space for the thoughtful reconsideration they claim they want, it just hardens those same positions

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm predicting Romney will be brought in once Trump is run out of town on a rail, or resigns. Pence is not the right guy after associating with this administration.

On the security issue. Camp David is a much more secure location and has been used in the past. Doral is a huge property with no natural border defenses. Even Canada, with the St. Lawrence River protecting one side of that venue, had the military there and stationed every 20 feet around the perimeter.

So, the cost of holding it in Doral, which is largely born by the host country, will be YUGE. Camp David would be a better location. Or some remote site.

So instead of you just stating this when security was first addressed, you had to drag it out multiple pages (depending on one's settings I suppose), directing people to google maps with no reason supporting that advice. C'mon man... :rolleyes: That's like asking your wife or girlfriend, "Why are you mad at me?" And her replying, "Well if you don't know, I'M not going to tell you!"

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I truly wasn't interested in responses/queries by anyone other than Bug on this one, so I gave back what I got.

It isn't often on this site that someone asks your opinion....and if they do, there is generally a motive behind the request. I wasn't in the mood.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I truly wasn't interested in responses/queries by anyone other than Bug on this one, so I gave back what I got.

It isn't often on this site that someone asks your opinion....and if they do, there is generally a motive behind the request. I wasn't in the mood.
    But sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Asking for clarification is a good thing when it comes to promoting dialogue. I thought it was a legitimate question.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I visit this thread for the 1st time in a long while as I let the kids have some fun. If it got ugly someone would tell us so Meh no worries. I see something that is maybe exciting and trendy and it is a load of Hooie. (Sp)

Thats really disappointing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So I visit this thread for the 1st time in a long while as I let the kids have some fun. If it got ugly someone would tell us so Meh no worries. I see something that is maybe exciting and trendy and it is a load of Hooie. (Sp)

Thats really disappointing.
    We'll try and be less civil, we promise! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom