• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I like him. I'm entertained by all of it. I hope he's not removed. I don't think he necessarily should be, nothing really stands out at the moment that would make me think he should be impeached. I hope he gets another term.

I also think he makes a lot of decisions that make himself look bad... give them ammo against him. Maybe that's strategy though. I also think a lot of the good things he's done get completely ignored. I also think the attacks against him are conflated and unfair, but that's politics.

I don't believe in the 5D-chess stuff. I think he gets away with some of the "unpresidential" stuff because we've been fatigued by it over the past few years, and the "other side" has gone just as far over-the-top with their responses to it.

Is he a great President? Meh. Is he good? Sure. Does he make it hard to defend him sometimes? Absolutely. And if you can defend anything and everything he does, you're not being genuine with this forum, or yourself. And that's okay. I think we'd have better, less-confrontational conversations/debates if we could all agree the man is fallible.

Edit: This is at no one in particular.

I think he simply stopped caring what democrats thought once he saw how they respond to him when he was trying to be civil with them.

Now it's a matter of just saying what ever he feels like, then laughing once the 5o'clock news comes on, at all the breathless "Orange man bad" outrage.

He was quite good friends with many of these folks, if you had forgotten, I'm sure their behavior after the election feels like quite a large knife in the back.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So it was about security all along - silly alpo.

Actually, it was about cost. We have ongoing sunk costs associated with Camp David. Even if you assume that security, food and entertainment amenities for the G7 participants and their staff would be the same at Doral and Camp David (not true, but let's assume that for the moment), then renting the Doral facility is a marginal cost that could otherwise be avoided if the event were held at Camp David.

There is no need to subsidize a Trump facility when we have a perfectly good enclave in Maryland.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Actually, it was about cost. We have ongoing sunk costs associated with Camp David. Even if you assume that security, food and entertainment amenities for the G7 participants and their staff would be the same at Doral and Camp David (not true, but let's assume that for the moment), then renting the Doral facility is a marginal cost that could otherwise be avoided if the event were held at Camp David.

There is no need to subsidize a Trump facility when we have a perfectly good enclave in Maryland.

We could also stop pointless military action in the middle east, and shipping billions of dollars to tin-pot countries. I think there's more pressing matters than security for a meeting.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Right, everybody believes you. The cost is so evident from satellite view.

You might as well forget Camp David. It is too tiny for a modern G7, and too out of the way with not enough support facilities in the area. They had it there before when G7 was smaller and people did not like it. It was called a "complete disaster".

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Right, everybody believes you. The cost is so evident from satellite view.

You might as well forget Camp David. It is too tiny for a modern G7, and too out of the way with not enough support facilities in the area. They had it there before when G7 was smaller and people did not like it. It was called a "complete disaster".

izzat right? last one held at Camp David was May 2012. But people are larger these days.

Obviously you're here to win internet points. I declare you champ. Now, please move along.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    izzat right? last one held at Camp David was May 2012. But people are larger these days.

Obviously you're here to win internet points. I declare you champ. Now, please move along.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/w...it-at-a-donald-trump-golf-resort-4547671.html

The US hosted the last G-7 summit at Camp David, about 109 kms away from Washington, about a decade ago.
    “I understand the folks who participated in it hated it and thought it was a miserable place to have the G7. It was way too small. It was way too remote. My understanding is this media didn't like it because you had to drive an hour on a bus to get there either way,” Mulvaney said.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm predicting Romney will be brought in once Trump is run out of town on a rail, or resigns. Pence is not the right guy after associating with this administration.

On the security issue. Camp David is a much more secure location and has been used in the past. Doral is a huge property with no natural border defenses. Even Canada, with the St. Lawrence River protecting one side of that venue, had the military there and stationed every 20 feet around the perimeter.

So, the cost of holding it in Doral, which is largely born by the host country, will be YUGE. Camp David would be a better location. Or some remote site.

After Democrats invent a reason to impeach Trump, they plan to invent a reason to impeach Pence and install Pelosi as president. And then, just before they wake up with the warm sticky substance, they defeat sanity and finally win the culture war.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I like him. I'm entertained by all of it. I hope he's not removed. I don't think he necessarily should be, nothing really stands out at the moment that would make me think he should be impeached. I hope he gets another term.

I also think he makes a lot of decisions that make himself look bad... give them ammo against him. Maybe that's strategy though. I also think a lot of the good things he's done get completely ignored. I also think the attacks against him are conflated and unfair, but that's politics.

I don't believe in the 5D-chess stuff. I think he gets away with some of the "unpresidential" stuff because we've been fatigued by it over the past few years, and the "other side" has gone just as far over-the-top with their responses to it.

Is he a great President? Meh. Is he good? Sure. Does he make it hard to defend him sometimes? Absolutely. And if you can defend anything and everything he does, you're not being genuine with this forum, or yourself. And that's okay. I think we'd have better, less-confrontational conversations/debates if we could all agree the man is fallible.

Edit: This is at no one in particular.

“fatigued by it”, yes. Maybe that’s a better way of saying why I’ve ran out of ****s to give.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So I visit this thread for the 1st time in a long while as I let the kids have some fun. If it got ugly someone would tell us so Meh no worries. I see something that is maybe exciting and trendy and it is a load of Hooie. (Sp)

Thats really disappointing.

which part? :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    “fatigued by it”, yes. Maybe that’s a better way of saying why I’ve ran out of ****s to give.
    I’ll admit that some of it does become a bit tiresome at times but I find the bat**** crazy alternative to be absolutely loathsome.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    After Democrats invent a reason to impeach Trump, they plan to invent a reason to impeach Pence and install Pelosi as president. And then, just before they wake up with the warm sticky substance, they defeat sanity and finally win the culture war.

Is breaking the law inventing a reason to impeach Trump?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is breaking the law inventing a reason to impeach Trump?
    Did Democrats break the law while inventing reasons to impeach Trump? I don’t know. There’s probably enough cause to investigate that as there is to investigate Trump for the Ukraine thing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Did Democrats break the law while inventing reasons to impeach Trump? I don’t know. There’s probably enough cause to investigate that as there is to investigate Trump for the Ukraine thing.

Well how about this. If the Criminal in Chief does, indeed, have the G7 at Doral-Miami, has he broken this law?
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/208

I'd like to hear a non-Trumper's opinion on this, as Trumpers can find all sorts of reasons to excuse things.... or they will just avoid looking altogether.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom