• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Its supposed to be in the June or July timeframe, right?

Host it at one of the service academies. They can handle about 4k students, right? Granted some will be there over the summer, but not all.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Different topic: the Dailymail (make of it what you will) is reporting as a follow up to prior reports - with supporting pics (but not the naughty kind) - that Ilhan Omar has been having at thing with one of her aides. Both are married.

Now, this is the classic kind of thing that the Enquirer used to do here. They set up a photographer for who knows how long, to get some conveniently timed pics of the pair. It sure looks like decent reporting from a total gossip rag.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Different topic: the Dailymail (make of it what you will) is reporting as a follow up to prior reports - with supporting pics (but not the naughty kind) - that Ilhan Omar has been having at thing with one of her aides. Both are married.

Now, this is the classic kind of thing that the Enquirer used to do here. They set up a photographer for who knows how long, to get some conveniently timed pics of the pair. It sure looks like decent reporting from a total gossip rag.

Apparently they both have filed for divorce, hers in October, and his August.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :rolleyes:

Yes, because most CEO’s wouldn’t want their company to be in a world spotlight.

It depends on who is shining that spotlight. And theres no doubt that Trump is toxic to many businesses. Host the G7, because it's been picked to do so, sure. Hosting the G7 "at cost," to help out this administration? Just dumb.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Its supposed to be in the June or July timeframe, right?

Host it at one of the service academies. They can handle about 4k students, right? Granted some will be there over the summer, but not all.

I suppose that is an option but those are like dorms or barracks. Other countries use 4 and 5 star grand hotels.

West Point room.
    bcaac971d0c939935a4afaa7cf038df4.jpg

Hotel du Palais room
    Hotel-du-Palais-Biarritz-P016-Ocean-Suite.16x9.jpg

Granted that is probably a fancier than average room but hopefully you can discern the difference. These are world leaders after all. Why should the USA be the turd in the punch?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It depends on who is shining that spotlight. And theres no doubt that Trump is toxic to many businesses. Host the G7, because it's been picked to do so, sure. Hosting the G7 "at cost," to help out this administration? Just dumb.

I don’t know how this really works so take it for what it is, but I doubt any company would host it “at cost”. I’m almost certain it would not only be profitable, but in the future being able to label your company as “past G7 host” would also add to your company’s stock I would think.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If its good enough for cadets, IMHO its good enough for anyone.

Welcome to America. We don't do royalty here.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I suppose that is an option but those are like dorms or barracks. Other countries use 4 and 5 star grand hotels.

West Point room.
    bcaac971d0c939935a4afaa7cf038df4.jpg

Hotel du Palais room
    Hotel-du-Palais-Biarritz-P016-Ocean-Suite.16x9.jpg

Granted that is probably a fancier than average room but hopefully you can discern the difference. These are world leaders after all. Why should the USA be the turd in the punch?

Actually I kinda like it. Let those other countries know who’s boss by making them stay where we make our students stay. Then inform them if they pay their share we may be able to afford a classier stay for them next time

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don’t know how this really works so take it for what it is, but I doubt any company would host it “at cost”. I’m almost certain it would not only be profitable, but in the future being able to label your company as “past G7 host” would also add to your company’s stock I would think.

You guys need to figure out you arguments.... would it be profitable "at cost,"or not? Wherever you're hosting the G7 is almost assuredly going to have to be near a major airport. Major airports are near major cities. Major cities are liberal bastions. The local negative press would probably be overwhelming. Whether you want to admit it or not the Trump brand is toxic, at least in the places where he has his major properties stateside. The people most likely to support him, are people that are least likely to go to his properties, or those branded with his name.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If its good enough for cadets, IMHO its good enough for anyone.

Welcome to America. We don't do royalty here.

I don't think it is a question of royalty. On one hand you have a bunch of kids barely past high-school that giggle when they see boobs and on the other hand you have high officials of leading countries around the world. The difference in expectations is recognized by the rest of the planet, just not by you.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You guys need to figure out you arguments.... would it be profitable "at cost,"or not? Wherever you're hosting the G7 is almost assuredly going to have to be near a major airport. Major airports are near major cities. Major cities are liberal bastions. The local negative press would probably be overwhelming. Whether you want to admit it or not the Trump brand is toxic, at least in the places where he has his major properties stateside. The people most likely to support him, are people that are least likely to go to his properties, or those branded with his name.

I'm pretty sure any of Trump's properties are off the table now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't think it is a question of royalty. On one hand you have a bunch of kids barely past high-school that giggle when they see boobs and on the other hand you have high officials of leading countries around the world. The difference in expectations is recognized by the rest of the planet, just not by you.

I'm not sure who we're trying to impress. We're trying to get out of foreign entanglements, not cultivate more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom