• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And just how will that be secured? They cannot keep hackers out of the credit report companies, the DOD computers, you name it. How on earth are they going to secure a national online vote when so many bad nation states would love to disrupt it, millions of wanna-be hackers would want the fame of cracking it? Just no way to do it safely...

Not to mention how many [STRIKE]pawns[/STRIKE] eligible voters won't have computers or sufficient bandwidth etc etc. The forseeable result is either we are on the hook to supply everyone with everything needed because; voter suppression, or else there is a movement to use smartphones and social media as voting platforms which just gives big brother the keys to the kingdom straight away

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I mean, the idea that voter fraud happens at the highest levels is just ludicrous right?

right?

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1303712514098724867
    But....but....the fact that he was caught shows that there's no issue. Pay no attention to the slow walking of the New Hampshire AG, or the fact that his superstar attorney responsible for such prosecutions doesn't know the law on voter ID. We should immediately move to a system of mail-in voting, without the safeguards that prevented this person voting twice.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    But....but....the fact that he was caught shows that there's no issue. Pay no attention to the slow walking of the New Hampshire AG, or the fact that his superstar attorney responsible for such prosecutions doesn't know the law on voter ID. We should immediately move to a system of mail-in voting, without the safeguards that prevented this person voting twice.

No, we not need go any further. He was on one and only person doing this so he was caught.
    1.000 batting average.
    Our work here is done.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I'm a solidly "vote in person" guy. A pain? Hardly, most of this population gets out every single day for things they want to do. Even if it is, democracy should require some sort of effort. No legitimate voter should ever be denied the right to vote, but I think they should have to put at least the same amount of effort into it that they do to get their beer and cigarettes. Or lotto tickets.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The dirty truth behind voting is that leadership really doesn't want you to vote. In their view elections should only serve to validate their decisions and are otherwise just a bother. To them it's a big boat, you are just along for the ride.

Fortunately in this country things still don't work that way, otherwise there would not be trillions of dollars being spent to influence the decisions of the nations citizens.

Hold on to that right, cherish it, and defend it, if for no other reason than just to make them spend the money that they otherwise would pocket.

Carthago delenda est!!!!!!!!!!!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    So in those nations that we have invaded, to rebuild them as democratic representative governments, why did we find it necessary to have voters ink their thumbs or fingers to ensure the integrity of the election?

If in nations that we have ostensibly came to free the people and to institute the rule of law and where we found it necessary to ensure the integrity of the election process one person one vote had to be insured through the inking of skin; then surely an equally rigorous and reliable method should be used for voting in our nation. Hence voter identification laws and verifiable methods to prevent vote corruption and the timely reporting of vote results.

Maybe it's time to remind all of our Democrat Congress critters and other political shysters of the above.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If Pres. Trump gets more votes in a "mail in", I bet it won't come up in the future.
    Except as claims of voter fraud by the Repubs.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Trump releases Supreme Court nominee list for 2020

Then Trump released 20 new names, whom he hailed as “jurists in the mold of Justices Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas, and Samuel Alito.” The names are:

Bridget Bade, a judge on 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
    Daniel Cameron, the attorney general of Kentucky
    Paul Clement, former solicitor general of the United States
    Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.)
    Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas)
    Stuart Kyle Duncan, a judge on the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
    Stephen Engel, assistant attorney general for the office of legal counsel in the Trump administration
    Noel Francisco, former solicitor general of the United States
    Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.)
    James Ho, a judge on the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
    Gregory Katsas, a judge on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals
    Barbara Lagoa, a judge on the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
    Christopher Landau, U.S. Ambassador to Mexico
    Carlos Muniz, a justice on the Florida Supreme Court
    Martha Pacold, a judge on the District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
    Peter Phipps, a judge on the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals
    Sarah Pitlyk, a judge on the District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
    Alison Jones Rushing, a judge on the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
    Kate Todd, a deputy assistant a deputy counsel to the president
    Lawrence VanDyke, a judge on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

Has anyone asked Slow Joe if he's willing to put out there his list of nominees and stick to it? Heck, has anyone asked Slow Joe if he knows who is on the SCOTUS? Half-credit if he names Anthony Scalia, Anthony Kennedy, or John Jay. 3/4 credit if he says "Rube Bader Goldberg".

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Trump releases Supreme Court nominee list for 2020

Has anyone asked Slow Joe if he's willing to put out there his list of nominees and stick to it? Heck, has anyone asked Slow Joe if he knows who is on the SCOTUS? Half-credit if he names Anthony Scalia, Anthony Kennedy, or John Jay. 3/4 credit if he says "Rube Bader Goldberg".
    I'm disappointed to see that Amy Comey Barrett is not on that list.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm a solidly "vote in person" guy. A pain? Hardly, most of this population gets out every single day for things they want to do. Even if it is, democracy should require some sort of effort. No legitimate voter should ever be denied the right to vote, but I think they should have to put at least the same amount of effort into it that they do to get their beer and cigarettes. Or lotto tickets.

Hell, in many middle eastern countries people risk being blown up by suicide bombers and they're thrilled to have the opportunity to vote.

Mail in voting fraud happens.
    https://www.gq.com/story/north-carolina-ninth-district-fraud

Being against mail in voting could actually hurt trump with older voters who don't want to to out during Covid.
    Being against mail in voting could help trump because it pulls in more young and minority voters.

Could be interesting.

With the way this country is headed, most Trump voters I talk to would crawl over broken glass to be able to cast a ballot for him.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hell, in many middle eastern countries people risk being blown up by suicide bombers and they're thrilled to have the opportunity to vote.

With the way this country is headed, most Trump voters I talk to would crawl over broken glass to be able to cast a ballot for him.

Hopefully they pay attention to the planning for mass unrest by the left around election day and avail themselves of early voting so as not to plan on in person voting election day but be unable to do so

The planning for unrest makes sense in light of many republicans preferring to vote in person because of who it might preferentially disenfranchise

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hopefully they pay attention to the planning for mass unrest by the left around election day and avail themselves of early voting so as not to plan on in person voting election day but be unable to do so

The planning for unrest makes sense in light of many republicans preferring to vote in person because of who it might preferentially disenfranchise

You know, that's a very good point. I hadn't thought of it that way but I think I'll look into it. I think I have an early voting location just down the street from me too.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If Pres. Trump gets more votes in a "mail in", I bet it won't come up in the future.
    Except as claims of voter fraud by the Repubs.

Dems are banking on that outcome specifically so they can challenge the results. They can assert that fraud got Trump elected, and bog down the process into months of investigations and court proceedings, hoping they can throw enough wrenches in the works to get their way.

That's always been the plan with mail in voting.

If you're stuck in the mindset of thinking it's solely to help them win with vote numbers, you're a few moves behind their strategy.

Because undoubtedly mail in voting would help Trump more than Biden if you take a minute to think about it. They won't entertain any discussion of fraud even being possible, because they're expecting to utilize that argument.

Just remember how the democrat operates. Remember in 2015 how every democrat was parroting that voting fraud doesn't exist and that Trump isn't being cheated? Then we got 4 years of investigations into election meddling from democrats, and them claiming the election was fraudulent.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm disappointed to see that Amy Comey Barrett is not on that list.

I am told that this is an addition list, not an exclusive/exhaustive list. Apparently, ACB is one of the three still on the existing short list, and these new names are simply being added to that list.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am told that this is an addition list, not an exclusive/exhaustive list. Apparently, ACB is one of the three still on the existing short list, and these new names are simply being added to that list.

That is my understanding as well. ACB is planned to be the replacement for a woman, presumably RGB..

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Whether they realize it or not, Podesta and Frum and the others are acting out a present-day version of the election of 1860, only they’re playing the role of the secessionist South. Indeed, well before Abraham Lincoln won the election, even moderate “unionist” southern leaders warned that their states would secede if the vote didn’t go their way. It amounted to mass political blackmail, and after Lincoln’s decisive victory the South followed through on its threat. For slave states, the Union was conditional, not perpetual, and Lincoln’s election violated their conditions.

We now seem to be on the cusp of relitigating the question, only instead of slaveholding southerners blackmailing the country with secession, it’s anti-Trump Democrats and left-wing radicals threatening to tear the country apart if Trump wins in November. For them, the Union is conditional, and Trump’s reelection will violate their conditions.

Now, 160 years later, we face what could be a similar crisis. There’s a rich irony in the elite assumption that post-election violence will come from “right-wing militias” or “vigilante groups,” when the last three months of rioting and looting by Antifa and Black Lives Matter activists have in some ways been a dress rehearsal for what the left is planning in November. You don’t need to read between the lines to understand this, you just need to take these people at their word.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/11/the-left-is-setting-the-stage-for-a-coup-if-trump-wins/

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom