• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I believe in a go cast your ballot election DT wins in a landslide of Regan proportions. This stuff is scaring the crap out of me. Republicans have a bad track record of being ahead on election day and losing a week or two later.

That's because voting at actual poll locations is better controlled and less subject to cheating.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's because voting at actual poll locations is better controlled and less subject to cheating.

And I just read the NBA just gave BLM $300 million and wants to set up polling sites at NBA arenas similar to a fan day with players and selfies while voting.

Invesigative reporting has found BLM donations go to ActBlue which is a donation site for the democrat party.

So the NBA just made a huge donation to the dems...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Asked someone yesterday if they'd ever thought about who President Trump is the front man for...

Nope.

:)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    How much money did the DNC give Christina Hale?
    She has the biggest tv commercial blitz I've ever seen. Every day, all day, every channel.
    It is far more active than either Presidential candidate.

Because the incumbent (Susan Brooks) is leaving the seat the Dems think it's actually in play, and I would agree. Neither Hale nor Spartz are all that well known within the district, despite both serving in the state legislature.

Meanwhile, everyone in Washington expects Trump to carry Indiana, so why would they spend the money to run ads?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Because the incumbent (Susan Brooks) is leaving the seat the Dems think it's actually in play, and I would agree. Neither Hale nor Spartz are all that well known within the district, despite both serving in the state legislature.

Meanwhile, everyone in Washington expects Trump to carry Indiana, so why would they spend the money to run ads?

Additionally, the district demographics have changed as have the constituencies. With all the corporate headquarters located in Carmel there are hundreds of youngish college grads, of wealthy up bringing, indoctrinated by their colleges, working for woke companies. Then there is the constituencies change as wealthy college grads (mostly non-STEM) are too goody good, doing do gooder stuff, to support the Republican Party that is for a wall, immigration reform, and against the rest of the compassionate agenda we cannot afford...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Dick Morris has a very scary prediction of how the presidential election comes down.

Huge Trump victory on Election Day, then they start counting mail in ballots. They keep finding more and more, most swing states have a democrat Secretary of State so they will approve. Then off to state courts, again stocked with dems. Then it will go to SCOTUS and Roberts will be the swing vote. Seems very plausible and then in light of all the mentions of how long it will take to count votes in this election looks like some may be planning on it. Michigan SOS seems to be...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/a-se...ill-decide-2020-election-dick-morris-predicts

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've read that the counts will be made as soon as the ballots arrive. No waiting until the polls close.

Makes sense to me.

I still think we ought to move to online voting.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I've read that the counts will be made as soon as the ballots arrive. No waiting until the polls close.

Makes sense to me.

I still think we ought to move to online voting.

And just how will that be secured? They cannot keep hackers out of the credit report companies, the DOD computers, you name it. How on earth are they going to secure a national online vote when so many bad nation states would love to disrupt it, millions of wanna-be hackers would want the fame of cracking it? Just no way to do it safely...

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    And just how will that be secured? They cannot keep hackers out of the credit report companies, the DOD computers, you name it. How on earth are they going to secure a national online vote when so many bad nation states would love to disrupt it, millions of wanna-be hackers would want the fame of cracking it? Just no way to do it safely...

He's made that argument before and there were dozens of replies with legitimate info about the problems with computer security and online voting. Information does not penetrate his opinion.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

We've discussed it before. Is it more secure than mail-in ballots? Most certainly.

I've read reports from one of the Carolinas (don't remember which one) that indicated that the timing of an on-line vote serves to limit the ability of a hacker to meet the necessary qualifications to upset a particular vote.

But, frankly, there is always a way to manipulate any system. The present methods are not foolproof. But they are damned inconvenient. If you went to an online system with proper encryption and failsafes, more people would vote (imho). More people voting is a better implementation of democracy.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It doesn't matter to me what the past history of mail-in voting may be, the behavior of the Democrats the past 4 years leaves me unable to trust anything that gives them even the slightest opportunity to steal the election. They have demonstrated repeatedly that they are willing to do absolutely anything to win power.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And unlike Obama, Trump actually did something constructive before he was considered. Obama's was the equivalent of a participation trophy.

I've never heard it expressed exactly that way before, but yeah. It was kinda like that. He got a trophy for being the first Black American POTUS. It should be insulting to receive a peace price simply for being the first at something before actually accomplishing anything. The peace prize winner killed people with his pen and phone. And I'm not saying none of the people Obama killed didn't deserve it. But I doubt a peace prize would have been given to any American president leaving office having done all the things that Obama did while president. The Nobel secretary infamously regretted awarding Obama with it.

I have to admit that for all this awkward speech in the company of foreign dignitaries, Trump has accomplished way more than I thought he would, and he's accomplished some important things that Obama couldn't do in foreign policy. The NK threat is no longer emnant--okay so Trump had to suck Kim Jong's **** to get us here, but I'm pragmatic. It's still a win. Got some things done in the ME that were surprising. And now the Serbia/Kosovo thing is probably not as sure as Trump likes to brag, but is still more progress than 3 presidents have accomplished. We're closer to ending an endless quagmire in the ME. I don't know if all that translates into deserving a peace prize but if he did get one, it would be more earned than his predecessor's peace prize.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom