• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Listening to mayor Bill whine reminds me so much of 1976 when it was Abe Beame doing the whining. Both expecting that Niagara of federal money in the next election cycle.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    And unlike Obama, Trump actually did something constructive before he was considered. Obama's was the equivalent of a participation trophy.
    I think the case will grow stronger for a Nobel peace prize, but that doesn't mean it will be awarded to President Trump.

I'm expecting further positive fallout beyond Bahrain's recent sign-off and the Arab League blowing off the latest Palestinian demands. Saudi Arabia is allowing Israeli overflights as part of the latest peace agreements. The US is no longer training and arming highly questionable groups in Syria to help promote further bloodshed. Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah are being isolated rather supported, unlike the previous administration.

In a practical sense, these are all positive steps towards normalized relations and peace, but far from the desired final destination. Even as Trump continues to deliver on priorities that have escaped other presidents for decades, he will get no credit from the MSM and the left.

Edit: Looks like Chad (majority Muslim) is now opening diplomatic relations with Israel as well. Related, but not quite the same thing: S. Korea is near finalizing a free trade agreement with Israel now that objections from Muslim nations are disappearing and is likely to lead to a similar agreement with Japan.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think the case will grow stronger for a Nobel peace prize, but that doesn't mean it will be awarded to President Trump.

I'm expecting further positive fallout beyond Bahrain's recent sign-off and the Arab League blowing off the latest Palestinian demands. Saudi Arabia is allowing Israeli overflights as part of the latest peace agreements. The US is no longer training and arming highly questionable groups in Syria to help promote further bloodshed. Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah are being isolated rather supported, unlike the previous administration.

In a practical sense, these are all positive steps towards normalized relations and peace, but far from the desired final destination. Even as Trump continues to deliver on priorities that have escaped other presidents for decades, he will get no credit from the MSM and the left.

Absolutely right. They're continuing to focus on things like "Trump told us not to panic over Coronavirus!" :runaway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Let's keep it real.

Do Kurds get to vote on the nomination?

ps. No ****ing way did Obama deserve any Peace prize. Ever.

The Kurds seem to have been some of our staunchest allies, but it seems like they always get the short end of the stick. I don't think that's exclusive to one administration.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Let's keep it real.

Do Kurds get to vote on the nomination?

ps. No ****ing way did Obama deserve any Peace prize. Ever.

No kidding, the only difference between foreign policy under Bush and Obama was that Obama said sorry after he dronestriked you.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    [video=youtube;tEorEAKhjdA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEorEAKhjdA[/video]

Come on, man! :facepalm:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/06/joe-biden-latino-african-american-remark-392354

You don't think cuban Americans vote differently than the Southwest's Hispanic population?

Should be easy to prove one way or another using vote records.

You think a large swath of blacks in certain regions vote Republican? Should also be easy to ascertain. Other than that dimension, not seeing anything spectacular here. Well unless we hold Trump and Biden to different standards when trying how to figure out ways that Trump can be right when he says stupid stuff while failing to do the same for Biden.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You don't think cuban Americans vote differently than the Southwest's Hispanic population?

Should be easy to prove one way or another using vote records.

You think a large swath of blacks in certain regions vote Republican? Should also be easy to ascertain. Other than that dimension, not seeing anything spectacular here. Well unless we hold Trump and Biden to different standards when trying how to figure out ways that Trump can be right when he says stupid stuff while failing to do the same for Biden.

Agreeing with biden here is not the right move hombre.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Look at what voting Democrat gets you

https://joebiden.com/#

Declaring itself/xirself to be a satanist openly before the election means it/xir doesn't want to be elected or more likely wants a Democrat elected as it/xir has removed any viable non-Democratic choice in that election. Or perhaps it/xir was most intent on trolling low information voters and (since it/xir claims to libertarian) demonstrating that the two party system is indeed broken

Not my choice, but if I lived there I might still take a trans satanist over a Democrat. It would depend on how it/xir feels about 2A. Don't forget that in '18 the Democrats served up a bisexual representative who was part of a 'throuple' and was banging her campaign staffer

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Look at what voting Democrat gets you

https://joebiden.com/#

Declaring itself/xirself to be a satanist openly before the election means it/xir doesn't want to be elected or more likely wants a Democrat elected as it/xir has removed any viable non-Democratic choice in that election. Or perhaps it/xir was most intent on trolling low information voters and (since it/xir claims to libertarian) demonstrating that the two party system is indeed broken

Not my choice, but if I lived there I might still take a trans satanist over a Democrat. It would depend on how it/xir feels about 2A. Don't forget that in '18 the Democrats served up a bisexual representative who was part of a 'throuple' and was banging her campaign staffer

Not sure if that's apples to apples. My example is Pro 2A so we would all HAVE to vote for the R in this case.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well he has a point. People just vote Straight ticket GOP and you may end up with a shemale atheist Sheriff who’s campaign slogan was “**** the police!”

Maybe get to know who you’re voting for before going straight ticket.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Agreeing with biden here is not the right move hombre.

If by "here" you mean on this forum, sure it makes one unpopular but I quit caring about what people said or thought about me in the sixth grade. Its a skill my wife daily practices now and views it as one of the benefits she's learned from me thats greatly appreciated.

If you mean by "here" this instance well I'll maintain the opinion expressed in my original post.

Biden has plenty of gaffes but this one does have a plausible explanation. One thats easier to support than some of the things Trump has said yet a large contingent here will make sure to let us know what Trump meant so that we aren't confused by what he actually said.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom