The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not going to go back and search for what you said about the story then, but I could have sworn that it was you who pressed the notion that it was true. As I said, I could be wrong. And I'll take your word for it.

About government. Why should I be a Trump fan? I'm either a fan or critic of what he does, not of him specifically. One thing that really concerned me in the campaign, his acceptance speech was the most authoritarian acceptance speech I've heard in my lifetime. I think there's a balance between liberty and law and order and he is way far to authoritarian side of that. I do applaud Trump getting rid of regulations though. That's a good thing.

Jamil, you're presenting this as almost near fact (because you are, admittedly, one of the more believable members on the forum). As such, if you're going to make a claim like that in open forum, you should know someone is going to believe it. I am certain that I did not press the notion of the story being truthful, and I'm not even sure if I actually even weighed in on the matter other than a joking manner. Remember, I started a Trump thread, right after he was elected, if I believed that hooker pee'd on he bed nonsense, you can bet I'd have made reference to it in my thread (which I don't).

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Are you implying that I wasn't being completely honest and now I am, or that you were not being completely honest and now you are? :stickpoke:

I didn't say that the only reason you don't accept his is because you don't like him. If he's lying, please, by all means, don't accept that. I'm saying that you have a posting history of making what he says or does more extreme than it actually is. I'm suggesting that because you don't like him you're willing to believe the worst things about him.

No, that wasn't it and neither actually. Just clearing the air and agreeing that everyone is bias.

Yes, yes I am and I've said as much many times before. So nothing what you 'be said here is new news.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    no they pay it or it won't come in.......so how can we pay if it never makes it here......you take there lively hood and i bet that wall wouldn't be to hard to pay for....

This makes absolutely no sense. You expect them to pay a tax on the goods they export to us and you think they're going to absorb the costs. LOL

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jamil, you're presenting this as almost near fact (because you are, admittedly, one of the more believable members on the forum). As such, if you're going to make a claim like that in open forum, you should know someone is going to believe it. I am certain that I did not press the notion of the story being truthful, and I'm not even sure if I actually even weighed in on the matter other than a joking manner. Remember, I started a Trump thread, right after he was elected, if I believed that hooker pee'd on he bed nonsense, you can bet I'd have made reference to it in my thread (which I don't).

I don't intend to present it as fact. I just thought it was you. My memory and recollection of it is obviously faulty.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    no they pay it or it won't come in.......so how can we pay if it never makes it here......you take there lively hood and i bet that wall wouldn't be to hard to pay for....

Oh wait, your saying we won't allow them to export to us if they don't build our wall?

Yeah, now that really makes sense. You didn't get this looney tune idea from one of Trumps Tweets did you? LOL

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    George Stephanopoulos is a ****ing moron. (No offense intended to morons.)

He is very untrustworthy, to say the least. For anything politically contested, I've found it most reliable to assume he's lying.

I read an article about who's registered that shouldn't be. Voter rolls contain a lot of people who moved to other counties or other states. They contain a lot of people who are dead. I think both of those problems can be solved in a great degree with technology. For the dead people, I think county voter authorities could run their voter rolls against the SSA DMF every year, and investigate the hits to determine if the registrant is still alive and living in the county. People moving out of districts they're registered in is a little harder because it would require a national public database of voters, which is something I don't want. But maybe the solution for that is the inconvenience of having to renew registration for every election.

It's beyond comprehension for me that the new county/state would not notify the old county/state that the person has now registered to vote in a different place. People who work real jobs at real companies know they would be FIRED if they were such idiots on the job... not so government.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's beyond comprehension for me that the new county/state would not notify the old county/state that the person has now registered to vote in a different place. People who work real jobs at real companies know they would be FIRED if they were such idiots on the job... not so government.

Yes, time and again we see that government can't run anything well. So let's give them the nation's healthcare to run. That should work out just dandy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This makes absolutely no sense. You expect them to pay a tax on the goods they export to us and you think they're going to absorb the costs. LOL

if they want to sell to us to pay for the wall........makes plenty of sense....LOL

Oh wait, your saying we won't allow them to export to us if they don't build our wall?

Yeah, now that really makes sense. You didn't get this looney tune idea from one of Trumps Tweets did you? LOL

See? This is what I'm talking about. If you're interested in what is true, why do you say people are saying things they didn't say? You're both clearly talking about tariffs.

It seemed to me like glitch75 is saying that if Mexico doesn't want the tariffs they'll pay for the wall. Personally I think the whole idea of Mexico paying for the wall is silly. But there is a sense to the strategy.

If products made in Mexico coming to the US have tariffs, yes, that cost would be passed onto Americans. However, tariffs would make Mexico a less attractive place to manufacture stuff. Presumably some companies might move back to the US. So it is as a bargaining chip that Trump put on the table to get Mexico to play.

Now we can discuss how wise or foolish that strategy is, but it's not as senseless as you think. I suspect you're smart enough to figure that out, but your desire to believe the worst about Trump has clouded that from you.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

nope nothing loonie about it......zoo's have to pay to keep there animals in don't they?????????

I guess your also one of those that thinks Trumps idea to default on our debt was a good idea too? LOL

never heard that before.....post a REPUTABLE link...

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    nope nothing loonie about it......zoo's have to pay to keep there animals in don't they?????????

never heard that before.....post a repeatable link...

All links are repeatable, just copy and then paste.... sorry, I couldn't help myself.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Google worker's call to stop positive discrimination fury | Daily Mail Online

Internet giant Google has been accused by one of its own employees of 'alienating conservatives' with its politically correct left-wing bias.

A senior software engineer at the company claimed in a document that was distributed to colleagues that right-wing employees were forced to keep their views 'in the closet' to avoid hostility.

The unnamed employee's outburst also triggered a gender row as he suggested 'biological causes' and 'neuroticism' were responsible for the lack of women in top tech jobs.

His arguments that men have a higher drive for status and women are 'more prone to anxiety' triggered an angry backlash on social media with demands for the author to be fired.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He is very untrustworthy, to say the least. For anything politically contested, I've found it most reliable to assume he's lying.

I think for government workers, they're more policy oriented. If they don't contact the previous state, it's not from stupidity, it's because there's not a process in place around that. A government worker isn't going to contact another state unless it's policy to do so. It's hit or miss which states have which policies.

I think to make it consistent there'd probably need to be something done at a national level requiring it. But even then nothing says people can't lie about where they're from.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Google worker's call to stop positive discrimination fury | Daily Mail Online

Internet giant Google has been accused by one of its own employees of 'alienating conservatives' with its politically correct left-wing bias.

A senior software engineer at the company claimed in a document that was distributed to colleagues that right-wing employees were forced to keep their views 'in the closet' to avoid hostility.

The unnamed employee's outburst also triggered a gender row as he suggested 'biological causes' and 'neuroticism' were responsible for the lack of women in top tech jobs.

His arguments that men have a higher drive for status and women are 'more prone to anxiety' triggered an angry backlash on social media with demands for the author to be fired.

Which kinda proved his point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom