The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    CNN hyperhole......

election not conclusion.....no bus throwing.....

So when I saw Tillerson on TV say this, that was Democrat Tillerson stand in for Tillerson? And when I see Trump make all those stupid comments that he makes that really is an orangtang look-a-like? LOL

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    election not conclusion.....

The top US diplomat told his Russian counterpart that Moscow's alleged meddling in the 2016 US election has seriously damaged the relationship between the two countries.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    his does the election not collusion.....why did he sign the sanctions?

If as you think he acknowledged the issue (for the very first time) and thus agreed it wasn't just any 400 pound idiot working from his bed. Could it be because the bill was veto proof and not because he has an issue with Russia because he still thinks it somehow makes him look weak?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    no veto proof.....he could have if he wanted too.....

Could Trump Veto, Block or Delay Russian Sanctions Bill?

Whether he wanted to or not no matter. This guy hasn't shown any intrest in nor made any attempts of acknowledging Russia attempts of interfering in our election. He's a petty little man who's more concerned with how good his election results appear even after he won.

Argue with that or your either blind, lying to yourself, or delusional.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See here again you think I disagree because of Trump.

No, it's wrong headed.But it is another wrong headed idea proposed by Trump.

By "wrong headed" if you mean it violates free/open market principles I'd agree with that. But saying it doesn't make sense isn't the same thing. It makes sense from a purely pragmatic point of view, which Trump is almost purely pragmatic. It would achieve his goal of providing leverage for getting an advantage in negotiation. If that's all you care about, then that makes a lot of sense. I'd rather stick with free market principles. I'm against using tariffs as a bargaining chip because I appose the idea of tariffs except for narrow set of specific purposes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/07/...tional-debt-get-creditors-to-accept-less.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ld-trump-brings-back-the-default-talk/488270/

Just because he has no problem with going bankrupt and paying his creditors less doesn't mean it;s a good policy for a government such as the US where our dollar has remained so strong because we are known for paying on our debt.

This is one of the areas I disagree with Trump. Not every business tactic is suitable for governments.

Senate pushes legislation to protect Mueller.

Senators push bill to protect Mueller - CNNPolitics

Russia Russia Russia

Whats going on with Russia? LOL

Mueller is safe either way. Conway has said that Trump will not try to fire Mueller and will fully cooperate with the investigation. Unless, of course, he fires his current chief of staff in the next couple of months. That could happen.

No idea, but I agree it seems shady.

It is so they can say stuff they want said without being politically responsible for it. Kind of an extension of having public and privately held views.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom