The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thank you. I think an apology is unnecessary though. But I do appreciate the sentiment.

Rather than minimizing what Trump does, I think I'm "right sizing" what what he does. At least that's the goal. I'm not interested in praising him or bashing him. I'm not on the pro-trump side and I'm not on the anti-trump side. I'm on my side. I just want to figure out what is true and what is not and react accordingly. The only #resist I want anything to do with is the one that is against too much government power. I want no part of a fan club. I can't be against everything Trump does just to be against Trump. That's just not honest. For the same reason I can't blindly support everything he does either. It's case by case.

Well, if one believes that the less govt accomplishes, generally the better we are, you should be a Trump fan, 'cause he hasn't been able to do much. Lol
    Oh, and no I did not believe nor want to believe in the **** story. That's just gross.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Organizations compare voter rolls with census bureaus and find something like 140 counties have more REGISTERED voters than people eligible to register. At the minimum, it indicates that those responsible for maintaining the integrity of the election system are INCOMPETENT... though, on the surface, incompetence and corruption are often indistinguishable.

ETA: But, then again, George Stephanopoulos has said that all of this data-based evidence has been debunked by someone, somewhere who said so, so heads back in the sand, folks. No need to take a real, official look.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, if one believes that the less govt accomplishes, generally the better we are, you should be a Trump fan, 'cause he hasn't been able to do much. Lol
    Oh, and no I did not believe nor want to believe in the **** story. That's just gross.

I'm not going to go back and search for what you said about the story then, but I could have sworn that it was you who pressed the notion that it was true. As I said, I could be wrong. And I'll take your word for it.

About government. Why should I be a Trump fan? I'm either a fan or critic of what he does, not of him specifically. One thing that really concerned me in the campaign, his acceptance speech was the most authoritarian acceptance speech I've heard in my lifetime. I think there's a balance between liberty and law and order and he is way far to authoritarian side of that. I do applaud Trump getting rid of regulations though. That's a good thing.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It would be interesting to know what the general make up of those counties is.

I would bet that 99% of them are Republican counties.

With your money.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Thank you. I think an apology is unnecessary though. But I do appreciate the sentiment.

Rather than minimizing what Trump does, I think I'm "right sizing" what what he does. At least that's the goal. I'm not interested in praising him or bashing him. I'm not on the pro-trump side and I'm not on the anti-trump side. I'm on my side. I just want to figure out what is true and what is not and react accordingly. The only #resist I want anything to do with is the one that is against too much government power. I want no part of a fan club. I can't be against everything Trump does just to be against Trump. That's just not honest. For the same reason I can't blindly support everything he does either. It's case by case.

Yes it was.

But anyway, because I disagree doesn't mean it's just because I'm motivated by my distaste for Trump. What you fail to understand or acknowledge is that there are some that dislike what he does and not that I dislike that he is Trump. No, I dislike liars and thus because Trump is a habitual liar I dislike Trump. It's not like he only told one or two lies, he does it all the time. At this point it's just a good thing he has enough critics that are not only able to keep him in check but currently it's those who are leaking are keeping him in check, Somehow you think the press on its own is able to keep him in check. It might be nice if that were true but in fact the only way we know about a good portion of this cr** is because of leaks that we have even better idea as to what he is doing.

With regards to to his policies it's the same thing. I don't see his policy of isolationism as being a good path for the United States. I've yet to see isolationism ever work,

So your tag #resistance might make you feel better that you can put those who dislike Trump into one nice neat package but it might not be quite what you think. Some of us simply find what he does as being unacceptable and not that his face is orange and that's why we can't stand him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Organizations compare voter rolls with census bureaus and find something like 140 counties have more REGISTERED voters than people eligible to register. At the minimum, it indicates that those responsible for maintaining the integrity of the election system are INCOMPETENT... though, on the surface, incompetence and corruption are often indistinguishable.

ETA: But, then again, George Stephanopoulos has said that all of this data-based evidence has been debunked by someone, somewhere who said so, so heads back in the sand, folks. No need to take a real, official look.

George Stephanopoulos is a ****ing moron. (No offense intended to morons.)

I read an article about who's registered that shouldn't be. Voter rolls contain a lot of people who moved to other counties or other states. They contain a lot of people who are dead. I think both of those problems can be solved in a great degree with technology. For the dead people, I think county voter authorities could run their voter rolls against the SSA DMF every year, and investigate the hits to determine if the registrant is still alive and living in the county. People moving out of districts they're registered in is a little harder because it would require a national public database of voters, which is something I don't want. But maybe the solution for that is the inconvenience of having to renew registration for every election.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yes it was.

But anyway, because I disagree doesn't mean it's just because I'm motivated by my distaste for Trump. What you fail to understand or acknowledge is that there are some that dislike what he does and not that I dislike that he is Trump. No, I dislike liars and thus because Trump is a habitual liar I dislike Trump. It's not like he only told one or two lies, he does it all the time. At this point it's just a good thing he has enough critics that are not only able to keep him in check but currently it's those who are leaking are keeping him in check, Somehow you think the press on its own is able to keep him in check. It might be nice if that were true but in fact the only way we know about a good portion of this cr** is because of leaks that we have even better idea as to what he is doing.

With regards to to his policies it's the same thing. I don't see his policy of isolationism as being a good path for the United States. I've yet to see isolationism ever work,

So your tag #resistance might make you feel better that you can put those who dislike Trump into one nice neat package but it might not be quite what you think. Some of us simply find what he does as being unacceptable and not that his face is orange and that's why we can't stand him.

This is why I applauded Jamil's honesty. It's so rare in here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes it was.

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying about #resist. I don't speak against it because of how it makes me feel. I'm not trying to compartmentalize anything, it's just a away to refer to people who are against everything Trump tries to do.

It seems to me that because you dislike Trump, because he's a liar, or whatever, you're against everything he does. That's just how all your posts read. With every bit of news you seem to find some way to make it sort of rabidly anti-Trump. I suspect that even things you might agree with if it were a politician you liked doing it, you'd be against it just because your hatred for Trump couldn't allow you to admit it.

I'm just saying it shouldn't matter whether I like Trump or not, or Obama, for that matter. If I like a policy why does it matter whose policy it is. Obama's policies that were bad, were not bad just because they were Obama's policies. They were bad because they were bad. And just because Trump is a liar, or a big poopyhead, doesn't mean he doesn't have some good policies. It's fine for people to like or dislike the politician because of character. But it's dishonest to make that the basis for agreeing with or disagreeing with the policies.

So think about this. What policies do you hate and why do you hate them? Did you feel the same about those positions when it was Obama?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think you misunderstand what I'm saying about #resist. I don't speak against it because of how it makes me feel. I'm not trying to compartmentalize anything, it's just a away to refer to people who are against everything Trump tries to do.

It seems to me that because you dislike Trump, because he's a liar, or whatever, you're against everything he does. That's just how all your posts read. With every bit of news you seem to find some way to make it sort of rabidly anti-Trump. I suspect that even things you might agree with if it were a politician you liked doing it, you'd be against it just because your hatred for Trump couldn't allow you to admit it.

I'm just saying it shouldn't matter whether I like Trump or not, or Obama, for that matter. If I like a policy why does it matter whose policy it is. Obama's policies that were bad, were not bad just because they were Obama's policies. They were bad because they were bad. And just because Trump is a liar, or a big poopyhead, doesn't mean he doesn't have some good policies. It's fine for people to like or dislike the politician because of character. But it's dishonest to make that the basis for agreeing with or disagreeing with the policies.

Yep.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So are you trying to say I'm not honest?

I wouldn't say I am honest. I said I was trying to be honest. We all have our biases to fight through. But. Are you willing to fight through yours? Are you capable of acknowledging a good policy even if it is advocated by a liar? Are you capable of admitting that a very horrible narrative of what Trump did is not true when it's proven not true? There are still people out there who, because of #resist, still believe the fake **** story because it was too wonderfully bias-confirming not to believe. It's like the people on the other side who still want to believe Obama ordered the government to buy up all the ammo. When you really hate someone, believing the worst about them feels too good to give up.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I wouldn't say I am honest. I said I was trying to be honest. We all have our biases to fight through. But. Are you willing to fight through yours? Are you capable of acknowledging a good policy even if it is advocated by a liar? Are you capable of admitting that a very horrible narrative of what Trump did is not true when it's proven not true? There are still people out there who, because of #resist, still believe the fake **** story because it was too wonderfully bias-confirming not to believe. It's like the people on the other side who still want to believe Obama ordered the government to buy up all the ammo. When you really hate someone, believing the worst about them feels too good to give up.

Yes and the lies we tell ourselves can be the most damaging.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Well now that we're being completely honest. Sure I've got my bias as everybody does, but then again I've already said as much. But I've also come on here and stated I thought what he was doing was a good thing with regards to the VA although I still believe resources are an issue you can't overlook.

I'll say it again, so what's your point? That because I don't like him that's the only reason I don't accept his lies? That because I'm biased against him I don't like isolationism? That because of him I don't like that he fights every battle even though most of them aren't worth engaging in?

It's a bias but it doesn't mean there aren't many valid reasons that I don't like the many things that he does. Will it mean it will be harder to accept those things he does which might make it better. Big deal, it doesn't mean however that when I have a valid point it isn't valid. You seem to be able to separate the truth when it comes to Trump, maybe you need to work on this when it comes to others.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes and the lies we tell ourselves can be the most damaging.

THE TRUTH IS OUT TH....

No, wait...

I_26b1ce_5677494.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well now that we're being completely honest. Sure I've got my bias as everybody does, but then again I've already said as much. But I've also come on here and stated I thought what he was doing was a good thing with regards to the VA although I still believe resources are an issue you can't overlook.

I'll say it again, so what's your point? That because I don't like him that's the only reason I don't accept his lies? That because I'm biased against him I don't like isolationism? That because of him I don't like that he fights every battle even though most of them aren't worth engaging in?

It's a bias but it doesn't mean there aren't many valid reasons that I don't like the many things that he does. Will it mean it will be harder to accept those things he does which might make it better. Big deal, it doesn't mean however that when I have a valid point it isn't valid. You seem to be able to separate the truth when it comes to Trump, maybe you need to work on this when it comes to others.

Your tendency towards hyperbole and bluster do you no favors in this regard.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Your tendency towards hyperbole and bluster do you no favors in this regard.

Oh well

I view anybodies willingness to accept or being ignorant of his lying to be even less acceptable. Not to mention people believing in his fake a** claims that everything is so easy because he's so intelligent. Especially when time and again he shown his ignorance. Or that he makes silly a** claims that another country will pay for our wall. Especially when it only takes a modicum of intelligence to reailize any tariff you impose on Mexico is just another way of taxing us to pay for it. So there's just a level of BS that exist here that's simply unreal in the first place.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well now that we're being completely honest.
    Are you implying that I wasn't being completely honest and now I am, or that you were not being completely honest and now you are? :stickpoke:

Sure I've got my bias as everybody does, but then again I've already said as much. But I've also come on here and stated I thought what he was doing was a good thing with regards to the VA although I still believe resources are an issue you can't overlook.

I didn't say that the only reason you don't accept his is because you don't like him. If he's lying, please, by all means, don't accept that. I'm saying that you have a posting history of making what he says or does more extreme than it actually is. I'm suggesting that because you don't like him you're willing to believe the worst things about him.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Who do you think is going to pay for it? Have you ever heard of passing along the cost to the consumer? LOL

no they pay it or it won't come in.......so how can we pay if it never makes it here......you take there lively hood and i bet that wall wouldn't be to hard to pay for....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom