The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

There's a reason for that. After it blew up and became a "thing" Obama dissolved any scrutiny by simply tapping on the mic before opening remarks of a speech, and quipping, "is this thing on?"

This caused the left media to collectively orgasm, the afterglow of which made them, not only forgive Obama's gaff, but regret that they ever reported it. It really wasn't genius for Obama to do that. He's a thoughtful lover, knowing how th please his partner, knowing where her g-spot is.

This is simply something Trump can't do. He approaches the press like she's a neurotic ex wife. In that regard we might think of Trump as a realist.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    *Sigh*

While the media is fixated on Trump and Putin, the stupid republicans are missing a golden opportunity to get some stuff passed. Before you know it, they'll be in "don't-rock-the-boat-mode" for the 2018 elections and absolutely nothing will happen then.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    *Sigh*

While the media is fixated on Trump and Putin, the stupid republicans are missing a golden opportunity to get some stuff passed. Before you know it, they'll be in "don't-rock-the-boat-mode" for the 2018 elections and absolutely nothing will happen then.
    I think they have been in that mode the whole time.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    *Sigh*

So, what do Republicans campaign on for 2018? Repeal Obamacare? That's all they talked about for seven years, they control both houses of congress, the Supreme Court, and (supposedly) the presidency and don't have a workable plan to accomplish that one "common"goal.

I vote for republicans that run on small goverment and financial responsibility. Let's have some of that, instead of fighting for a social agenda only a shrinking minority would even begin to consider livable.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So, what do Republicans campaign on for 2018? Repeal Obamacare? That's all they talked about for seven years, they control both houses of congress, the Supreme Court, and (supposedly) the presidency and don't have a workable plan to accomplish that one "common"goal.

I vote for republicans that run on small government and financial responsibility. Let's have some of that, instead of fighting for a social agenda only a shrinking minority would even begin to consider livable.

I'm sure they'll also be pounding their chests, regaling us with their bonefides for their support of *your* gun rights too. (All the while doing nothing but sit on perfectly good suppressor legislation...which by the way, they could also be passing while the democrats are fixated on Russia).

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I think we could abstract your posting patterns on INGO as a sort of middle finger to Trump supporters, and perhaps to Trump himself. The reasoning doesn't seem all that different for your middle finger than theirs.

Sorry, but when your reasoning to vote for someone is to show them that you'll vote for someone just to show them that you will hardly makes much sense to me.

Granted everyone has the right to vote and the right to do so for whomever they choose. Why not use that vote for whom you think will do the most good. Frankly and unfortunately I found myself as many others I think voting for the person I thought would do the least damage this time. Very unfortunate scene of events.

Well maybe because I find the person who won to be not only extremely distasteful and dangerous but I certainly don't see anyone here yelling and screaming when someone tells me to put my tinfoil hat down. Besides I don't see the comment I made about the teenager and the middle finger being the same. To me that's how that individuals reasoning sounded to me. I'll show someone who's acting inappropriately that I can do something just because they don't like it. Now whether or not that's why he actually voted that way, well that's what it sounded like to me. In fact that's my belief that a good portion of Trump supporters are. Certainly not everyone who voted for him did so, but I do get the impression a good portion of his supporters did so or in part for that very reason.

Tin foil hat or whatever else, ah yes. But tin foil hat or not when I think the reason seems a bit flakey I might just say something, but I'll try to stay clear of the tin foil hat type remark. Oh, and before you go about digging up everything I said in the past I'll admit here and now I'm human and I make mistakes but for those that use tin foil hat or any of the other insults do yourselves a favor and don't try to get so almighty preachy.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, but why did you have to vote for that idiot? What a frigging clusterf***!

OK. This is the end of this.
    I realize you are angry but how one votes is up to the person voting.
    This as with many of your other posts have been reported and it is borderline.

I and staff have allowed this but this is the end of the grace. Yes, we are aware.
    Step back please. Civil discourse. You can express your opinions but this stops.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Latitude, Longitude and Altitude given. I am awed at the Depth of your Longsuffering Atitude.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    OK. This is the end of this.
    I realize you are angry but how one votes is up to the person voting.
    This as with many of your other posts have been reported and it is borderline.

I and staff have allowed this but this is the end of the grace. Yes, we are aware.
    Step back please. Civil discourse. You can express your opinions but this stops.

Sorry, but I don't see it this way. It wasn't meant to be an insult but I do strongly believe Trump is an idiot and his effort whatever you call it is a Clusterf***.

You certainly don't seem to have that same problem with some of those who can be equally insulting from the other side. Ah well I also saw Trumps comment about POWs unacceptable but then again you did not. But that is the way things go sometimes.

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry, but I don't see it this way. It wasn't meant to be an insult but I do strongly believe Trump is an idiot and his effort whatever you call it is a Clusterf***.

You certainly don't seem to have that same problem with some of those who can be equally insulting from the other side. Ah well I also saw Trumps comment about POWs unacceptable but then again you did not. But that is the way things go sometimes.

Please let this go. Don't argue with the mods, it will only get you banned.

You do well here when you argue policy, less so when you discuss personality. If you can keep things ratcheted down to a level lower than "hair on fire" (I know you are able, ive seen it in some of your posts) you'll be fine.

Arguing only puts a target on your back. Well, a larger target anyway.

Or, you know...go for the battle royal with the staff. I like drama...

WORLDSTAR!!!!!1!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I opened it expecting penitence, but he doubled down.

Allow me to be the first to bid you a fond farewell, Dddrees.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Please let this go. Don't argue with the mods, it will only get you banned.

You do well here when you argue policy, less so when you discuss personality. If you can keep things ratcheted down to a level lower than "hair on fire" (I know you are able, ive seen it in some of your posts) you'll be fine.

Arguing only puts a target on your back. Well, a larger target anyway.

Or, you know...go for the battle royal with the staff. I like drama...

WORLDSTAR!!!!!1!

The mods will do as the mods see fit. That's the way things work but I'll stick by what I wrote because I feel strongly about that as well.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Besides I don't see the comment I made about the teenager and the middle finger being the same. To me that's how that individuals reasoning sounded to me. I'll show someone who's acting inappropriately that I can do something just because they don't like it. Now whether or not that's why he actually voted that way, well that's what it sounded like to me.

I am assuming you didn't vote for Trump and NOT ONCE have I questioned your reasoning for not doing so nor even who you voted for.....Your vote is your vote and how you choose to exercise it is up to you.....

I came to support Trump because of the violence being visited upon his supporters and how young fascists were trying to shut down his rallies...When I see free speech being shut down I will always take the side of free speech...Whether it's BLM or the KKK I am for the free right to assemble and speak....Something Kut, Alpo and I have in common....How you could equate that to a 50 year old plus man throwing up his middle finger at his parents is beyond me...It's enshrined in our Constitution and is sacred to me.....

I have done everything I can to save you from your harsh words...I told you to look to Kut and Alpo for ways to disagree without being mean spirited...I agree on nothing much with those guys but I could share a campfire with them anytime...I am a Christian but some of my best friends on here are Agnostic, Muslim, Mormon, Atheist, one bad a$$ lesbian (You know who you are girl!:)) and a scattering of old school Jesus freaks like me.....INGO is meant to be a place where those with different opinions, beliefs, creeds, etc can get together due to a love of our region (yes even Indianapolis, Canada and Fort Wayne, Nova Scotia), nature, firearms etc....Good men and women who look for things they have in common rather than their differences...

We NEED different voices....Please tone it down so you can stay.....Please....

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I am assuming you didn't vote for Trump and NOT ONCE have I questioned your reasoning for not doing so nor even who you voted for.....Your vote is your vote and how you choose to exercise it is up to you.....

I came to support Trump because of the violence being visited upon his supporters and how young fascists were trying to shut down his rallies...When I see free speech being shut down I will always take the side of free speech...Whether it's BLM or the KKK I am for the free right to assemble and speak....Something Kut, Alpo and I have in common....How you could equate that to a 50 year old plus man throwing up his middle finger at his parents is beyond me...It's enshrined in our Constitution and is sacred to me.....

I have done everything I can to save you from your harsh words...I told you to look to Kut and Alpo for ways to disagree without being mean spirited...I agree on nothing much with those guys but I could share a campfire with them anytime...I am a Christian but some of my best friends on here are Agnostic, Muslim, Mormon, Atheist, one bad a$$ lesbian (You know who you are girl!:)) and a scattering of old school Jesus freaks like me.....INGO is meant to be a place where those with different opinions, beliefs, creeds, etc can get together due to a love of our region (yes even Indianapolis, Ontario, Canada), nature, firearms etc....Good men and women who look for things they have in common rather than their differences...

We NEED different voices....Please tone it down so you can stay.....Please....

This certainly is more indepth answer than your first one or at least this is in my eyes. There's a good chance that had this been your first response in fact I know I would have not said what I did the first time. Because this has depth and more explanation than the first one which read more like I did it just to show them.

LOL
    I'm going to try and save you. LOL

If I'm allowed to stick around I might just take time to put down some more thoughts about this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom