The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It would have been better if it were a Constitutionalist-minded, self-made, non-establishment person that ran. At least that way, even if he'd had many of Trump's...quirks, he might be able to advance a coherent agenda. He's not getting much help from much of Congress right now but, at some level, I have to lay that at his lack of a principled agenda.

Except, that person would NEVER get elected.
    Too many voters want something "free".
    They just disagree on which "side" will give it to them.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    It would have been better if it were a Constitutionalist-minded, self-made, non-establishment person that ran. At least that way, even if he'd had many of Trump's...quirks, he might be able to advance a coherent agenda. He's not getting much help from much of Congress right now but, at some level, I have to lay that at his lack of a principled agenda.

Pricipled?? You just used principled with regards to Trump. Sorry, but that's hilarious. LOL

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    I will say Trump doesn't act anywhere like an innocent person would. Gotta wonder why he does that??

enlighten us, how does an innocent person react?

like this?

[video=youtube;-rS0O7UKH4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rS0O7UKH4Y[/video]

you're just like NYT, CNN, and all the others. making phoney allegations based on nothing.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Ah, but it's Trump tendency to over reach and attempts to grab more power than what we should allow our Presidents to have that's extremely troubling. Believe what you may, but I actually hope he does try to do what he indicated he might do and attempt to fire Mueller. Maybe he'll eventually get a deputy AG to do it. Maybe just maybe then people will wake up to reality then.
    I have to say that to date I have not seen Trump try anything special in trying to grab more power. His predecessors have done a fine job of grabbing power, while Congress either sat idly watching or pushed the power towards them willingly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, but why did you have to vote for that idiot? What a frigging clusterf***!

I'm actually a little pissed that I had to vote for Trump. Why did I have to vote for Trump? I don't know. I didn't choose him to be the nominee. Ask the Democrats why they couldn't nominate a sane candidate. I could have voted for Jim Webb. They literally laughed and booed him off the stage.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I will say Trump doesn't act anywhere like an innocent person would. Gotta wonder why he does that??

You seem as fiercely opposed as Trumpers are fiercely loyal. It's really no better or no more reliable at arriving at the truth.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm actually a little pissed that I had to vote for Trump. Why did I have to vote for Trump? I don't know. I didn't choose him to be the nominee. Ask the Democrats why they couldn't nominate a sane candidate. I could have voted for Jim Webb. They literally laughed and booed him off the stage.

I like Webb....I could have easily voted for him....His book "Born Fighting, How the Scots Irish shaped America" is one of my favorites....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sounds more like the reason a young teenager uses to give his parents the finger rather than the reasons an adult uses to vote for a President.

I think we could abstract your posting patterns on INGO as a sort of middle finger to Trump supporters, and perhaps to Trump himself. The reasoning doesn't seem all that different for your middle finger than theirs.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know...It's beautiful....I get emotional just thinking about it......I know this...Politics will never be the same and even his worst critics will have to acknowledge he changed the game......I am just glad I lived long enough to see it...I was against Trump at first, my wife couldn't stand him at first...I remember when it all changed....It's when people began beating up Trump Supporters that came to a rally and shut the rally down IIRC...I remember mammynun came in and said, "Did you see what they did??? Just because a guy is running for President they don't like they turned all brown shirt??? Where's the outrage from the media?? Can you imagine if Teapartiers had done this at an Obama rally???"

I looked at him and we both said, "I am supporting Trump...**** those fascists..."

And I have been supporting him ever since....

Yeah...I'll admit that a part of me relishes the enemy of my enemy is my friend. If it's pissing off my enemy, it scratches a certain itch.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah...I'll admit that a part of me relishes the enemy of my enemy is my friend. If it's pissing off my enemy, it scratches a certain itch.

The CNN takedown made me smile. And not because it was Trump who did it, but because it was their own elitist arrogance that did it, and the best part is that they still don't realize that's what happened. They're so out of touch they think they won. Hundreds of millions of young people just rejected CNN as any future source of information. CNN still thinks they're relevant.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Ah, but it's Trump tendency to over reach and attempts to grab more power than what we should allow our Presidents to have that's extremely troubling. Believe what you may, but I actually hope he does try to do what he indicated he might do and attempt to fire Mueller. Maybe he'll eventually get a deputy AG to do it. Maybe just maybe then people will wake up to reality then.

you keep talking about this power grab thing????........have you not seen the papers?........he is the POTUS......he grabbed the power and will have it for the next 3 year if not 7.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Why are you especially worried about power now? Why weren't you worried about power when Obama was reaching for more? Why weren't you worried about power when Bush was reaching for more? Or Clinton, or daddy Bush before him, or Reagan, or Carter, or Ford or Nixon, or Johnson, or JFK?

Is your tyrant acceptable because you're happy with his policies? But then the other guy gets in and suddenly it's a big deal?

Did you vote for a candidate who wanted to reduce the president's power, or increase it?

Did you? Hmmm?

This isn't a "but johnny did it too" argument. It wasn't okay when those presidents claimed more power for themselves. You sound disingenuous because you imply by your posting pattern that you only care when it's not your tyrant wielding the power, that that power is only dangerous in Trump's hand and not your tyrant's.

If you voted for Hillary, there's really only one way you can legitimately excuse yourself.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The CNN takedown made me smile. And not because it was Trump who did it, but because it was their own elitist arrogance that did it, and the best part is that they still don't realize that's what happened. They're so out of touch they think they won. Hundreds of millions of young people just rejected CNN as any future source of information. CNN still thinks they're relevant.

I noticed it's still playing in the break rooms at work. :rolleyes:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Why are you especially worried about power now? Why weren't you worried about power when Obama was reaching for more? Why weren't you worried about power when Bush was reaching for more? Or Clinton, or daddy Bush before him, or Reagan, or Carter, or Ford or Nixon, or Johnson, or JFK?

You forgot INGO's favorite tyrant...Abraham Lincoln....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom