The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I didn't rewrite...I quoted it...I also said "IMHO" which indicates I do not believe you intended that way but it could be construed that way with just a cursory glance....

I actually love everything you say.....I think you are doing a lot of good for the reelection of Trump and I appreciate it.....We had guys on here that called Obama names as well although "idiot" was rarely used.....I figured talk like that helped Obama get reelected and I imagine it will do the same for Trump......

I din't rewrite what you said, I quoted it...I have had guys on here do the same for me on numerous occasions and I was grateful for them looking out for me...I thought you would be the same...

Mea culpa...

Well I guess I'll just have to keep calling it how I see it. For Trump to be able to say what he's currently saying and from the actions he's taken so far most would consider it unthinkable at least prior to Trump. Yeah I know Nixon did it, but then again he also resigned. However if your wanting a dictator and not a President let's just see where he goes next. Gotta say, I'm still glad I live in the US because at least up to now I always believed we wouldn't stand for a dictatorship here.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    When weighed against what HRC said she'd do, I really can't blame Trump fans because the alternative would have been worse.

It was worth it to me just to see a self made non establishment person running their own way win the presidency...Like Peter Gabriel once sang...

Souma Yergon, Sou Nou Yergon, We are shakin' the tree

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It was worth it to me just to see a self made non establishment person running their own way win the presidency...Like Peter Gabriel once sang...

It would have been better if it were a Constitutionalist-minded, self-made, non-establishment person that ran. At least that way, even if he'd had many of Trump's...quirks, he might be able to advance a coherent agenda. He's not getting much help from much of Congress right now but, at some level, I have to lay that at his lack of a principled agenda.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Gotta say, I'm still glad I live in the US because at least up to now I always believed we wouldn't stand for a dictatorship here.

And we don't and won't.....In four years we will see whether we keep Trump or elect an up and coming Democrat.....Either way it's a free election and not a dictatorship...Either way I will not be angry and will still consider myself blessed to live in a nation where a self made man became President of the United States without help from the his own Party, MSM, Hollywood, Pop Stars, etc.....I believe the American people made a good choice in Trump and I believe the folks that didn't vote for Trump made a choice they were comfortable with as well.....It's all part of Making America Great Again and we were all a part of this historic event...I'll never forget it as long as I live......

I love when the underdog wins....I always have....Always will...It's in my DNA......

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    And we don't and won't.....In four years we will see whether we keep Trump or elect an up and coming Democrat.....Either way it's a free election and not a dictatorship...Either way I will not be angry and will still consider myself blessed to live in a nation where a self made man became President of the United States without help from the his own Party, MSM, Hollywood, Pop Stars, etc.....I believe the American people made a good choice in Trump and I believe the folks that didn't vote for Trump made a choice they were comfortable with as well.....It's all part of Making America Great Again and we were all a part of this historic event...I'll never forget it as long as I live......

I love when the underdog wins....I always have....Always will...It's in my DNA......

Well if he attempts to have Mueller fired that's one step in that direction. The step that I'm above the law and I can do anything I want no matter how you wish to justify it by saying the Justice department works for the President. If he attempts to have yet another individual who dares to look into whether there was anything illegal about what he or his campaign has done then he's telling everybody he can do whatever he wants and it matters not what the American people think is in their best interest.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It would have been better if it were a Constitutionalist-minded, self-made, non-establishment person that ran. At least that way, even if he'd had many of Trump's...quirks, he might be able to advance a coherent agenda. He's not getting much help from much of Congress right now but, at some level, I have to lay that at his lack of a principled agenda.

I know...It's beautiful....I get emotional just thinking about it......I know this...Politics will never be the same and even his worst critics will have to acknowledge he changed the game......I am just glad I lived long enough to see it...I was against Trump at first, my wife couldn't stand him at first...I remember when it all changed....It's when people began beating up Trump Supporters that came to a rally and shut the rally down IIRC...I remember mammynun came in and said, "Did you see what they did??? Just because a guy is running for President they don't like they turned all brown shirt??? Where's the outrage from the media?? Can you imagine if Teapartiers had done this at an Obama rally???"

I looked at him and we both said, "I am supporting Trump...**** those fascists..."

And I have been supporting him ever since....

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I know...It's beautiful....I get emotional just thinking about it......I know this...Politics will never be the same and even his worst critics will have to acknowledge he changed the game......I am just glad I lived long enough to see it...I was against Trump at first, my wife couldn't stand him at first...I remember when it all changed....It's when people began beating up Trump Supporters that came to a rally and shut the rally down IIRC...I remember mammynun came in and said, "Did you see what they did??? Just because a guy is running for President they don't like they turned all brown shirt??? Where's the outrage from the media?? Can you imagine if Teapartiers had done this at an Obama rally???"

I looked at him and we both said, "I am supporting Trump...**** those fascists..."

Sounds more like the reason a young teenager uses to give his parents the finger rather than the reasons an adult uses to vote for a President.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    ...I remember when it all changed....It's when people began beating up Trump Supporters that came to a rally and shut the rally down IIRC...I remember mammynun came in and said, "Did you see what they did??? Just because a guy is running for President they don't like they turned all brown shirt??? Where's the outrage from the media?? Can you imagine if Teapartiers had done this at an Obama rally???"

Amen, brother.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well if he attempts to have Mueller fired that's one step in that direction. The step that I'm above the law and I can do anything I want no matter how you wish to justify it by saying the Justice department works for the President. If he attempts to have yet another individual who dares to look into whether there was anything illegal about what he or his campaign has done then he's telling everybody he can do whatever he wants and it matters not what the American people think is in their best interest.

That's an interesting opinion. But it's just that, one person's opinion.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker

but what if Mueller's investigation isn't about finding evidence of criminality. what if its about something else? who watches the watchers and all that?

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    but what if Mueller's investigation isn't about finding evidence of criminality. what if its about something else? who watches the watchers and all that?

He's supposed to be looking at collusion associated with the 2016 election. Instead he looking at investments from a decade ago.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

It may not be a popular opinion here but I doubt very much that it's just one man's opinion either. I do think we value the ideals of our Republic and the necessity checks and balances play. Unfortunately the Constitution and laws have certain grey areas when it comes to such matters as exactly what rises to an impeachable offense. Guess we're just going to have to rely on the people and Congress to determine if and whether Trump crosses those lines.

Time we'll tell. Hopefully he won't, but if he does then it's time for Mr Trump the little dictator want to be to go.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    high crimes and misdemeanors aren't necessarily criminal acts. impeachment is a political function not a criminal one. if the political will is there anyone can be impeached for any reason.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    and the so since the political will isn't there, it begs the question what the atch-eee-double-hockey-sticks is Mueller doing?

I doubt at this point I'm going to tell you anything new, and it seems you've already drawn your conclusions even before the investigation is over.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    He's no different than any other president. The reason the executive branch has so much power now is because of a long list of presidents willing to cross the lines to see how far they could go. His style may be unusual but he certainly isn't breaking any new ground.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    He's no different than any other president. The reason the executive branch has so much power now is because of a long list of presidents willing to cross the lines to see how far they could go. His style may be unusual but he certainly isn't breaking any new ground.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what people are willing to let this guy get away with. Time will tell. Regardless I will try and have faith. As I said before if he thinks he can have Mueller fired, I say stupid go ahead I double dare you. I hope the American people still have the stomach and judgement to do the right thing no matter how wrong headed this idiot happens to be.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    I doubt at this point I'm going to tell you anything new, and it seems you've already drawn your conclusions even before the investigation is over.

you're right. you can't. but I might have an open mind if there were similar investigations during the previous administration. this is dirty rotten political tricks being played here and it will backfire YUGELY. the American people are sick of the Washington establishment and as long as Trump positions himself against that, there is no chance of impeaching Trump even if the Dems took back the House and Senate.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    you're right. you can't. but I might have an open mind if there were similar investigations during the previous administration. this dirty rotten political tricks being played here and it will backfire YUGELY. the American people are sick of the Washington establishment and as long as Trump positions himself against that, there is no chance of impeaching Trump even if the Dems took back the House and Senate.

I will say Trump doesn't act anywhere like an innocent person would. Gotta wonder why he does that??

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom