The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    LOL
    I'm going to try and save you. LOL

Your laughing out loud over my sincerity.....I just don't want to see you get banned and due to something GP said to me about needing other voices here I was trying to steer you in a direction with less overuse of "idiot" and "lol".....In my eyes "lol", "Idiot" and various incarnations of "**** ***** ***** cluster****" are not very in depth answers. But that is irrelevant to good manners...Just because I find your arguments and responses lacking depth does not give me license to question your maturity...Nor would I....So perhaps if you think my answer didn't have the correct amount of "depth" you can say, "I think I kind of get what you are saying but can you explain a little more?" rather than going right to I am a spoiled teenager flipping off my parents....

Do you see??? Do you see???

[video=youtube;X2whrQTHp7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2whrQTHp7U[/video]

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Your laughing out loud over my sincerity.....I just don't want to see you get banned and due to something GP said to me about needing other voices here I was trying to steer you in a direction with less overuse of "idiot" and "lol".....In my eyes "lol", "Idiot" and various incarnations of "**** ***** ***** cluster****" are not very in depth answers. But that is irrelevant to good manners...Just because I find your arguments and responses lacking depth does not give me license to question your maturity...Nor would I....So perhaps if you think my answer didn't have the correct amount of "depth" you can say, "I think I kind of get what you are saying but can you explain a little more?" rather than going right to I am a spoiled teenager flipping off my parents....

Do you see??? Do you see???

[video=youtube;X2whrQTHp7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2whrQTHp7U[/video]

See you take my short responses just as I see your short responses as well. Sometimes how you see it isn't the way it was meant. So maybe if you ask you might get a more thoughtful response. Whether you like that or not, well there are no guarantees. But it might not be the 11 as they say that you see it being. So why don't you just ask instead? You mean maybe in your eyes I am doing the same thing your doing in my eyes?

Oh, by the way I've never thought cartoons like that are very helpful. Kinda find the fact they are used that they only get in the way and only serve to make things worse. Or anyway that's the way I look at those type of things.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    But it might not be the 11 as they say that you see it being. So why don't you just ask instead?

I have never in six years pm'd a mod about anyone...Including you...I have never in six years blocked anyone...Including you...I have no idea who they are but if they got that it had to be from a few of my responses to you asking you to be a little more polite......My amps are always set to 11....

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I have never in six years pm'd a mod about anyone...Including you...I have never in six years blocked anyone...Including you...I have no idea who they are but if they got that it had to be from a few of my responses to you asking you to be a little more polite......My amps are always set to 11....

Ah, so we tend to have a few things in common. Gee, who would have guessed. LOL

Oh, by the way sometimes the LOL is a sign of laughing at the situation or laughing together.

Please take the time to look again above at my comment about cartoons. This maybe something you like to use, personally it's not something I find helpful.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ah, so we tend to have a few things in common. Gee, who would have guessed. LOL

Oh, by the way sometimes the LOL is a sign of laughing at the situation or laughing together.

Please take the time to look again above at my comment about cartoons. This maybe something you like to use, personally it's not something I find helpful.

.22 revolvers for one....

And yes I love South Park and music....Jetta once said I had a funny video or a song for every post....I try but it's hard to remember each one and whether it would fit...The moment I typed "Do you see?" I remembered a South Park clip that paid homage to "Red Dragon" and pulled it up on youtube and there it was....It fit and I do it to show a smile....I rarely laugh out loud but when I do it's usually something, Jetta, Alpo, or Kut said that causes me to spit up Dr. pepper on my keyboard....Alpo is the worst....His reference will be so obscure yet he knows enough about my likes and dislikes that at some point I will be looking at his post and all of a sudden burst out laughing to a joke or reference that he and I will get due to our respective ages, film and musical tastes....

As a side not Alpo and I started out worse than you and I.....Now we back each other up even though we may disagree...Same with Kut...The point being is I would like for you to stick around...Enough people have read your posts to understand you think POTUS is an idiot and that you "LOL" a lot.....I didn't think calling Obama names or an idiot did our side any good and I can say from an historical perspective it will probably have the same effect on your side...

All offered IMHO....

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    .22 revolvers for one....

And yes I love South Park and music....Jetta once said I had a funny video or a song for every post....I try but it's hard to remember each one and whether it would fit...The moment I typed "Do you see?" I remembered a South Park clip that paid homage to "Red Dragon" and pulled it up on youtube and there it was....It fit and I do it to show a smile....I rarely laugh out loud but when I do it's usually something, Jetta, Alpo, or Kut said that causes me to spit up Dr. pepper on my keyboard....Alpo is the worst....His reference will be so obscure yet he knows enough about my likes and dislikes that at some point I will be looking at his post and all of a sudden burst out laughing to a joke or reference that he and I will get due to our respective ages, film and musical tastes....

As a side not Alpo and I started out worse than you and I.....Now we back each other up even though we may disagree...Same with Kut...The point being is I would like for you to stick around...Enough people have read your posts to understand you think POTUS is an idiot and that you "LOL" a lot.....I didn't think calling Obama names or an idiot did our side any good and I can say from an historical perspective it will probably have the same effect on your side...

All offered IMHO....

Frankly like I said I find cartoons and such as being trivial, cartoonish, and belittling. The fact that they take up so much space it kind of takes attention away from everything else anyway. H*** there's those that don't respond with anything but. So frankly for me it appears that little thought was used when all you can respond with is a cartoon.

Well like I said idiot is my shorthand for other things I actually believe he is. Seems to me that list of under sir eagles are so long I can't imagine ever being able to get them all down let alone remembering all of them. But anyway to even imagine someone like him with the complete lack of everything I think makes a person a good person winnning was just unthinkable to me let alone all those things where I think he's just wrong headed. Whether or not it helps him or not, frankly I'm not going to stop calling it like I see it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Spicer apparently resigned over the hiring of Sean Scaramucci as communications director.... who incidentally is a Goldman Sachs alum. How many former GS people is in this in this swamp draining administration?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So when I said I don't believe all of those 3 to 5 million alien illegal martians where ever bused in from Mars what did you take that to mean?

Comparing the voter registration roles of the states to find individuals registered in multiple states is pretty straight forward, but is only rarely done, and even then, only for adjacent states. Ditto finding out if those doubly registered voted in both states.

Why would anyone be against making this comparison? Instead of searching for non-existent martians, it may turn out to be Kentuckians... or Ohians...

Ditto comparing the voter roles to then national databases of known non-citizens. It's never been done, in fact some have vigously opposed any effort to do so by individual states. The sample surveys out there indicate non-citizens REGISTER to vote at about 14-16% and about a third to a half of those vote (depending upon off-year vs presidential election years). If those surveys are accurate, they indicate that there could be 3 MILLION NON-CITIZENS registered to vote, and A MILLION OF THEM VOTED.

Who would be against finding out what the real number is? How corrupt is it to oppose finding out, and ridding the rolls of illegal registrants and voters, solely because a party or candidate benefits from these illegal votes?

I'm hard pressed to think of something more un-American and un-[STRIKE]D[/STRIKE]democratic.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Comparing the voter registration roles of the states to find individuals registered in multiple states is pretty straight forward, but is only rarely done, and even then, only for adjacent states. Ditto finding out if those doubly registered voted in both states.

Why would anyone be against making this comparison? Instead of searching for non-existent martians, it may turn out to be Kentuckians... or Ohians...

Ditto comparing the voter roles to then national databases of known non-citizens. It's never been done, in fact some have vigously opposed any effort to do so. The sample surveys out there indicate non-citizens REGISTER to vote at about 14-16% and about a third to a half of those vote (depending upon off-year vs presidential election years). If those surveys are accurate, they indicate that there could be 3 MILLION NON-CITIZENS registered to vote, and A MILLION OF THEM VOTED.

Who would be against finding out what the real number is? How corrupt is it to oppose finding out, and ridding the rolls of illegal registrants and voters, solely because a party or candidate benefits from these illegal votes?

I'm hard pressed to think of something more un-American and un-[STRIKE]D[/STRIKE]democratic.

I've yet to see anything credible that states that this might be an issue for one thing. In your argument you might may good points but the current messenger is not only flawed but his methods are extremely questionable. He's yet to come up with anything more than what looks like that he's trying to massage his ego. He looks like and talks like a buffoon and he gets in the way of anything that ever could be substantive because of himself. So he not only gets in his way, he gets in your way as well.

But back to the point, I've yet to hear or see anything that tells me there's a need to go with what I currently see as being wild goose chase.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    giphy.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sorry, but I don't see it this way. It wasn't meant to be an insult but I do strongly believe Trump is an idiot and his effort whatever you call it is a Clusterf***.

You certainly don't seem to have that same problem with some of those who can be equally insulting from the other side. Ah well I also saw Trumps comment about POWs unacceptable but then again you did not. But that is the way things go sometimes.

Why not try to understand the people you disagree with? Why assume that they understand it's wrongness the same as you, yet they do it anyway? That's kinda how you've described it with saying they're being immature with their middle fingers.

I think it's more accurate to start with the assumption the other side is just as moral and just as smart as you are, but they just have a different world view that brings them different priorities and a different conclusion. There's nothing moral about one's proclivity for being either conservative or liberal. It's just personality and worldview. So what if you believe something different from me just because your personality tends to see things a certain way? The moral part is how we choose to react to each other because of those different beliefs about the world.

You tend to get a lot of flack on INGO because you tend to give it. Not just because you have a different point of view but because you seem to have contempt for people who support Trump. Surely you understand that on a Gun forum, there will just be more people posting who have a more right-wing point of view. There are some people with viewpoints left of what's mainstream on INGO. But those people are generally treated with respect because they don't treat people with opposing viewpoints with contempt.

Maybe you can't reconcile why anyone would vote for Trump. Me and others have repeatedly tried to explain why. I suppose we all have our different reasons. But then you deflect and seem to refuse to tolerate any viewpoint which could defend voting for Trump. I think you still won't understand it because you won't allow for the possibility that there could be any moral viewpoint which could support Trump.

But let me clue you in on something. Trump isn't even the reason for Trump. ANY "Trump" would have sufficed. Trump is the emergency breaks on a runaway train headed for chaos. It's a drastic and consequential step, but in the moral interests of the people who's pulling the breaks.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    i do have to wonder how many busses might be needed? I mean how many people can one bus possibly run over before it needs to be replaced. I mean I would never want to call Trump a bus. LOL

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Why not try to understand the people you disagree with? Why assume that they understand it's wrongness the same as you, yet they do it anyway? That's kinda how you've described it with saying they're being immature with their middle fingers.

I think it's more accurate to start with the assumption the other side is just as moral and just as smart as you are, but they just have a different world view that brings them different priorities and a different conclusion. There's nothing moral about one's proclivity for being either conservative or liberal. It's just personality and worldview. So what if you believe something different from me just because your personality tends to see things a certain way? The moral part is how we choose to react to each other because of those different beliefs about the world.

You tend to get a lot of flack on INGO because you tend to give it. Not just because you have a different point of view but because you seem to have contempt for people who support Trump. Surely you understand that on a Gun forum, there will just be more people posting who have a more right-wing point of view. There are some people with viewpoints left of what's mainstream on INGO. But those people are generally treated with respect because they don't treat people with opposing viewpoints with contempt.

Maybe you can't reconcile why anyone would vote for Trump. Me and others have repeatedly tried to explain why. I suppose we all have our different reasons. But then you deflect and seem to refuse to tolerate any viewpoint which could defend voting for Trump. I think you still won't understand it because you won't allow for the possibility that there could be any moral viewpoint which could support Trump.

But let me clue you in on something. Trump isn't even the reason for Trump. ANY "Trump" would have sufficed. Trump is the emergency breaks on a runaway train headed for chaos. It's a drastic and consequential step, but in the moral interests of the people who's pulling the breaks.

Yeah, and chaos for chaos sake is still nothing but chaos. Yet, sometimes chaos because it's chaos can be dangerous.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've yet to see anything credible that states that this might be an issue for one thing. In your argument you might may good points but the current messenger is not only flawed but his methods are extremely questionable. He's yet to come up with anything more than what looks like that he's trying to massage his ego. He looks like and talks like a buffoon and he gets in the way of anything that ever could be substantive because of himself. So he not only gets in his way, he gets in your way as well.

But back to the point, I've yet to hear or see anything that tells me there's a need to go with what I currently see as being wild goose chase.

The part that makes it credible is the part where it's easy to do. There are several anecdotal incidents where people have voted several times, and they were only caught because of chance rather than because we have a system that is inherently difficult to cheat the vote. Having an easy system to cheat isn't itself proof that cheating happens. But the people who say there isn't any evidence of wide scale voter fraud kinda have incentive to say that.

So why not look at it in depth? Why not put the subject to rest? I tend to think it's unlikely that voter fraud had a significant part of Hillary winning the popular vote by almost 3 million votes. It doesn't surprise me that far left mega-population centers like California and New York would come out in droves for the lefty candidate. But I do think when those states make it easier for voting illegally, it's reasonable to suspect that at least some people are voting illegally. It also seems reasonable that we'd want to put an end to that.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The part that makes it credible is the part where it's easy to do. There are several anecdotal incidents where people have voted several times, and they were only caught because of chance rather than because we have a system that is inherently difficult to cheat the vote. Having an easy system to cheat isn't itself proof that cheating happens. But the people who say there isn't any evidence of wide scale voter fraud kinda have incentive to say that.

So why not look at it in depth? Why not put the subject to rest? I tend to think it's unlikely that voter fraud had a significant part of Hillary winning the popular vote by almost 3 million votes. It doesn't surprise me that far left mega-population centers like California and New York would come out in droves for the lefty candidate. But I do think when those states make it easier for voting illegally, it's reasonable to suspect that at least some people are voting illegally. It also seems reasonable that we'd want to put an end to that.

Yeah but there's a messenger out there now in a pretty visible way touting that voter fraud is so wide spread that 3 to 5 million people did. He's now saying this maybe responsible for him losing the popular vote even though he won the electoral vote. This is the same person who won't even admit that the Russian tried to interfere in our election even though all our intel says otherwise. Did I mention he's incredibly flawed do to his tendencies to lie and traffic in conspiracy theories. Did I also fail to mention this is his commission when he's not doing anything to try and prevent what our intel did say actually took place.

If there is something that says that fraudelant votes are a problem then let's take a look at that. But before we do so how much of a problem do we believe it is before we go about dedicating an equivalent of amount of resources before going on a wild goose chase for one man's YUGELY BIG EGO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom