The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't get it. I don't see how it's all of the sudden acceptable to be meeting with a foreign government not too mention one wihich just happens to be Russia to get dirt on one's political opponent. Another symptom of the Trump phenomenon. All that was once verboten is now acceptable and stupidity and unacceptable behavior is now the norm.

This is actually more normal than you think. Trump Jr. got caught. It's how politics is done. That doesn't make it right. And hopefully when YOUR politician gets caught you can admit to yourself how equally it is wrong then as you say now.

About the "Trump phenomenon". You probably should not think of Trump supporters as being a homogeneous bloc. They're individuals and they have different reasons to support him. There are some conservatives, some alt-right, some working class progressives, some Bernie supporters, for ****s sake! You can't lump every Trump supporter into the same basket and call them all deplorable. There are diverse reasons people voted for him and support him.

I voted for him. it was a Hobson's choice. If Democrats run a moonbeam or another leftist criminal, I'll vote for Trump again because even to the extent that Trump is bad, that's even worse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Reap what you sew. That's what you get when you elect the worst idiot available.

If Trump is doing what he wants Trump to do, how is that reaping anything bad? And again, about the idiot thing, are you sure your IQ is any higher than Trump's? I mean. What if it's not. What does that say?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    This is actually more normal than you think. Trump Jr. got caught. It's how politics is done. That doesn't make it right. And hopefully when YOUR politician gets caught you can admit to yourself how equally it is wrong then as you say now.

About the "Trump phenomenon". You probably should not think of Trump supporters as being a homogeneous bloc. They're individuals and they have different reasons to support him. There are some conservatives, some alt-right, some working class progressives, some Bernie supporters, for ****s sake! You can't lump every Trump supporter into the same basket and call them all deplorable. There are diverse reasons people voted for him and support him.

I voted for him. it was a Hobson's choice. If Democrats run a moonbeam or another leftist criminal, I'll vote for Trump again because even to the extent that Trump is bad, that's even worse.

Well that's something really worth celebrating. I voted for a ***** **** *****. LOL

And look where it's getting all of us now.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I think it actually common too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well that's something really worth celebrating. I voted for a ***** **** *****. LOL

And look where it's getting all of us now.

No. It's not. A Hobson's choice, where your choice is between bad and even worse, is never something to celebrate.

And it's gotten me exactly what I thought it would get me. A crass ******* as POTUS and NOT Hillary! The latter necessitated the former.

So should Hillary have won, should I be cursing you for your choice? So far, Trump hasn't hurt me yet. In fact, I'm fairly pleased with his SCOTUS choice. If that's the only positive out of this term, it's way better than the alternative.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    No. It's not. A Hobson's choice, where your choice is between bad and even worse, is never something to celebrate.

And it's gotten me exactly what I thought it would get me. A crass ******* as POTUS and NOT Hillary! The latter necessitated the former.

So should Hillary have won, should I be cursing you for your choice? So far, Trump hasn't hurt me yet. In fact, I'm fairly pleased with his SCOTUS choice. If that's the only positive out of this term, it's way better than the alternative.

Unfortunately SCOTUS is not the only thing he's done. I could only but wish that was his only accomplishment.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So, hiring an actual FOREIGN SPY to go talk to RUSSIAN SPIES to dig up dirt on your political opponent is nuthin' burger... and has been for 7 months.

But, accepting a meeting with a Russian prosecutor who says she has evidence your opponent committed crimes in Russia is treason?

Just to be clear... IMO, both are slimy as h#ll... but also, SOP for political campaigns, though normally at an arms length using an intermediary not on the "radar". The yawn at the method, and focus on the dirt dug on the one hand, versus the clutching of pearls and hello-kitty-panty-peeing on the other.... are instructive.

How does it feel, losing to HIM? What does that say about YOUR candidate? Can't even beat a guy like that.

Yeah, why didn't she win by 50%??? Lol!

<span style="font-family: Verdana">[video=youtube;lL5kthtOFlY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL5kthtOFlY[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Unfortunately SCOTUS is not the only thing he's done. I could only but wish that was his only accomplishment.

What has he actually accomplished that takes away from your life? So far, not very much. And certainly nothing irreparable. Do you value gun rights? Hillary doesn't. So I'll reluctantly tolerate a bombastic blowhard in office over that. If Trump starts making traction towards enacting his very totalitarian sounding RNC speech, I'll start complaining more about his accomplishments.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    What has he actually accomplished that takes away from your life? So far, not very much. And certainly nothing irreparable. Do you value gun rights? Hillary doesn't. So I'll reluctantly tolerate a bombastic blowhard in office over that. If Trump starts making traction towards enacting his very totalitarian sounding RNC speech, I'll start complaining more about his accomplishments.

Oh wow, he values gun rights. I guess at least he gets one thing right. Good thing, the way he's going the more likely your going to need them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh wow, he values gun rights. I guess at least he gets one thing right. Good thing, the way he's going the more likely your going to need them.

Explain that. Go through the logical steps that lead you to that conclusion.

So far, the only thing I suspect I might realistically ever need guns for protecting myself from is the lunatic marxist thugs who seem to now be the darlings of the left media. That's only Trump's fault insofar as he has halted the progressive pendulum swing. They've clearly lost the lefward momentum since the election. So actually that's another positive thing that Trump has done, even if accidentally.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Let's not forget the differences. Obama's origins are much more open to question. His grandma claimed to have witnessed his birth in Kenya, and he claimed to be Kenyan until he decided to run for president. Perhaps most telling is that the same people who screamed, "he already won, shut up and sit down!" while Obama spent fantastic amounts of money to seal any records proving that he so much as exists (after having used sealed records that he and his proxies managed to get unsealed in underhanded political attacks against others), are demanding access to everything this side of Trump's underwear drawer. Considered purely in terms of political net effect, I see the analogy, but I see little analogous substance.

Oh I'm speaking solely in terms of the political effect. We'll see. The dynamics are different and many of the players have switched positions.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Ah, but his lack of transparency is but one step towards that goal. Of course that lack of transparency has a lot to do with how poorly his administration handles things in addition to how bad his communication team looks when no one in his team can agree to what lie they are going to use.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah, but his lack of transparency is but one step towards that goal. Of course that lack of transparency has a lot to do with how poorly his administration handles things in addition to how bad his communication team looks when no one in his team can agree to what lie they are going to use.

His lack of transparency is troubling, but not to any degree more than was Obama's or Bush before him, or Clinton before him. Transparency is something very important to me, but so far, transparency is a wash. Do you honestly think Hillary would have been MORE transparent?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    His lack of transparency is troubling, but not to any degree more than was Obama's or Bush before him, or Clinton before him. Transparency is something very important to me, but so far, transparency is a wash. Do you honestly think Hillary would have been MORE transparent?

I just can't imagine anyone handling as messed up as Trump has and getting away with it. I mean sending someone out to lie about crowd size or any of the other multitude of in your face obvious stupid lies and juvenile tricks he's tried to play, That and the off camera tape delayed audio briefings.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Welcome to reality where perception regularly gets its ass whooped.

Lol! When she gave her "why aren't I 50 points ahead" speech, it seemed to me to be the equivalent of Dean yeeeeoooowwlll! Shooting herself in the foot with a 10 gauge, which all of us "deplorables" recognize as worse than a regular old shooting of one's own foot. :)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Reap what you sow. That's what you get when you elect the worst idiot available.

FTFY on the first sentence. And for the second, no way in hell unless I've been in a coma dream for how many months and Hillary is actually President.

His first accomplishment was keeping Clinton/Sanders out.

Yep. And I'm sure one he wishes Trump hadn't accomplished.

Oh wow, he values gun rights. I guess at least he gets one thing right. Good thing, the way progressives are going the more likely your going to need them.

Yep. And FTFY..

I'll agree pretty much completely.

I just can't imagine anyone handling as messed up as Trump has and getting away with it. I mean sending someone out to lie about crowd size or any of the other multitude of in your face obvious stupid lies and juvenile tricks he's tried to play, That and the off camera tape delayed audio briefings.

You didn't answer the question. Why won't you answer questions? Not very transparent yourself are you? The question was do you think Hillary would have been MORE transparent?

The tape delay is a bit stupid, but how exactly does not having a camera on and a delay hurt transparency?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom