The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm hearing that some of the info was classified after the fact. If it's the description info he let the professor leak, how is he on the hook for that?

Kut (reminds of ex post facto)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I'm hearing that some of the info was classified after the fact. If it's the description info he let the professor leak, how is he on the hook for that?

Kut (reminds of ex post facto)

The article indicates that 4 of the 7 memos were MARKED CLASSIFIED. Second, Comey wrote the memo's... if he included classified information in the memos, they are considered classified, whether he marked them appropriately or not.

The Hill, quoting “officials familiar with the documents,” reported overnight that Comey penned a total of seven memos describing his talks with Trump on the Russia case earlier this year – and four of them had markings indicating they contained classified material at the “secret” or “confidential” level.

ETA: As the following article indicates, we don't know which memo or memos Comey gave the professor... if he gave the prof one or more of the the classified ones, it gets very sticky for him as a violation of the law.

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...portedly-contained-classified-info-what-means

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As I've said elsewhere, Comey's not going to get prosecuted for this outside of public opinion. It's just not politically expedient to do it. If this turns out to be something he should be prosecuted for, the only place political capital exists to even indict him is with Trump supporters and Trump realists. For those who are neutral to opposing Trump, it's just too easy for the press to make it look like Trump is punishing Comey, rather than Comey actually being punished for doing something illegal.

ETA: there's a bit of irony in Comey possibly being guilty of what he said there's not enough evidence to convict Hillary for. Not exactly, that but close enough to be ironic.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    As I've said elsewhere, Comey's not going to get prosecuted for this outside of public opinion. It's just not politically expedient to do it. If this turns out to be something he should be prosecuted for, the only place political capital exists to even indict him is with Trump supporters and Trump realists. For those who are neutral to opposing Trump, it's just too easy for the press to make it look like Trump is punishing Comey, rather than Comey actually being punished for doing something illegal.

ETA: there's a bit of irony in Comey possibly being guilty of what he said there's not enough evidence to convict Hillary for. Not exactly, that but close enough to be ironic.

The further irony is that the memos Comey turned over in order roast Trump may include evidence of Comey's own malfeasance. If the leak is accurate, and some of the memos are classified... that's not something you can just take with you after termination.

And the leak is aimed directly at Comey, while indirectly at Mueller's independence as special prosecutor.

Apparently, not everyone at the FBI was all hunky-dory with the director's antics. If there is more "there" to be found out, expect further leaks as Mueller tries to sweep his friend's misdeeds under the rug.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The further irony is that the memos Comey turned over in order roast Trump may include evidence of Comey's own malfeasance. If the leak is accurate, and some of the memos are classified... that's not something you can just take with you after termination.

And the leak is aimed directly at Comey, while indirectly at Mueller's independence as special prosecutor.

Apparently, not everyone at the FBI was all hunky-dory with the director's antics. If there is more "there" to be found out, expect further leaks as Mueller tries to sweep his friend's misdeeds under the rug.

So wait, "who" exactly is saying that classified info was leaked by Comey? From my understanding, Trump is saying this based on a anon source. I personally believe that Comey, coming off the heels of Clinton's mis-steps, and being the former director of the FBI, probably covered his ass in such away that he's pretty much teflon. From what I heard, he had 7 memos based on 9 conversations. He then classified them according to their content as "secret," or "confidential," with the others not needing the labels. That tells me, he thought about the information he was going to release. He then gave one of the memo that he determined as not containing sensitive information to the professor, which was subsequently leaked (a description of). Of the information leaked, I'm not sure any of that would be considered classified. If I'm wrong, someone explain how.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    So wait, "who" exactly is saying that classified info was leaked by Comey? From my understanding, Trump is saying this based on a anon source. I personally believe that Comey, coming off the heels of Clinton's mis-steps, and being the former director of the FBI, probably covered his ass in such away that he's pretty much teflon. From what I heard, he had 7 memos based on 9 conversations. He then classified them according to their content as "secret," or "confidential," with the others not needing the labels. That tells me, he thought about the information he was going to release. He then gave one of the memo that he determined as not containing sensitive information to the professor, which was subsequently leaked (a description of). Of the information leaked, I'm not sure any of that would be considered classified. If I'm wrong, someone explain how.

he leaked to a professor buddy.......

Comey?s Columbia leaker pal goes into hiding after testimony | New York Post

that is all fine and dandy.....but isn't all memos and documents that he had as FBI dir. government owned?.....so he leaked government property???

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    he leaked to a professor buddy.......

Comey?s Columbia leaker pal goes into hiding after testimony | New York Post

that is all fine and dandy.....but isn't all memos and documents that he had as FBI dir. government owned?.....so he leaked government property???

Right, we knew that. The information leaked, per Comey, wasn't classified. I am unaware of any law against leaking information the govt owns if it isn't classified. It may be improper and discouraged. You may even be open to discipline, but you'll have to make the case that it's illegal to do so with unclassified information.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Russia, Russia, Russia

I certainly hope the dems/libs/neverTrumpers keep this up for the next year.
    We need more "sick of this :poop:" wins in the 2018 election. ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Russia, Russia, Russia

I certainly hope the dems/libs/neverTrumpers keep this up for the next year.
    We need more "sick of this :poop:" wins in the 2018 election. ;)

No, just more heads in the sand will be enough...
    But on the real tip, I'm noticing no one is really addressing the discovery of this new information. Trump Jr, sets up a meeting with a person who he admits freely was a proxy for the Russian govt, and wished to help Trump win? Not concerning at the slightest.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    But on the real tip, I'm noticing no one is really addressing the discovery of this new information. Trump Jr, sets up a meeting with a person who he admits freely was a proxy for the Russian govt, and wished to help Trump win? Not concerning at the slightest.

There we go, exactly what we need.

Russia, Russia, Russia !!!

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    There we go, exactly what we need.

Russia, Russia, Russia !!!

Not to be confused with: "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!!"

The worshippers of The Hildebeest (both inside and outside of the MSM) are all about as whiny as Jan Brady. Maybe it's Middle Child Syndrome plus Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

i see nothing to be concerned about because there is nothing there......just more of the left throwing :poop: at the wall and hope it sticks.....

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    i see nothing to be concerned about because there is nothing there......just more of the left throwing :poop: at the wall and hope it sticks.....

nDLG5yn.gif

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Kut,
    My daddy always said, Wish in one hand and :poop: in the other and see which one fills up first.

You (corporate) on the left are wishing, and slinging :poop: and losing credibility daily.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Three posts above yours:

ETA: As the following article indicates, we don't know which memo or memos Comey gave the professor... if he gave the prof one or more of the the classified ones, it gets very sticky for him as a violation of the law.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Rank amateurs!!!

Expecting the Russians to ask to meet with them and just give them political dirt on their opponent. Don't they know they are supposed to pay a foreign ex-spy to go out and seek the Russians to get the good stuff? You know, the hookers-peeing-on-the-Obamas'-bed type of stories!

That's how the "pros" do it! Lol!

That kind of stuff doesn't just fall into your lap!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I told you all if HRC would have won none of this would have happened.
    We would have had nothing to talk about when we were in line to turn in our weapons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom