The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    FTFY on the first sentence. And for the second, no way in hell unless I've been in a coma dream for how many months and Hillary is actually President.

Yep. And I'm sure one he wishes Trump hadn't accomplished.

Yep. And FTFY..

I'll agree pretty much completely.

You didn't answer the question. Why won't you answer questions? Not very transparent yourself are you? The question was do you think Hillary would have been MORE transparent?

The tape delay is a bit stupid, but how exactly does not having a camera on and a delay hurt transparency?

Because they're trying to make the briefing less compelling to watch. By making it less compelling it doesn't attract a wider audience. It certainly makes it easier to get away with the false narrative they're trying to peddle.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So it seems the new nominee for the FBI Director believes if one is approached like Trump JR his first action should have been to contact the FBI. Hmm, why is it Trump and his children always believe they are above the law? Hmmm.......

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Because they're trying to make the briefing less compelling to watch. By making it less compelling it doesn't attract a wider audience. It certainly makes it easier to get away with the false narrative they're trying to peddle.

I am truly starting to think you work for Trump...You make the case for Trump better than I ever could...Thank you sir...Keep it up...Please!!!!!!

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    So it seems the new nominee for the FBI Director believes if one is approached like Trump JR his first action should have been to contact the FBI. Hmm, why is it Trump and his children always believe they are above the law? Hmmm.......

what law/laws have they broken???????

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Dude, this ^^^ nearly rises to the level of conspiracy theory. I can't believe you actually believe that, so I must conclude it's a talking point. I'm off to the internet to see just where that particular gem comes from

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    what law/laws have they broken???????

Well maybe for people like Trump who are willing to get with the Russians to get dirt on their political opponents we're going to need a whole new set of laws because ethical behavior is certainly more than we can expect. Not only can we not expect him to be ethical it appears he's willing to engage with some of our biggest adversaries and seek their assistance during an election. I know he's your guy, so somehow that makes it all right to engage with and seek assistance from the Russian during a United States Presidential Campaign. I know, I know this isn't a new low this is just a new Trump norm.

If you really think it's such a good idea or normal why are so many other Republicans stating they would never do it? In fact I don't know of any congressman acknowledging that they think it's a good idea.

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Well maybe for people like Trump who are willing to get with the Russians to get dirt on their political opponents we're going to need a whole new set of laws because ethical behavior is certainly more than we can expect. Not only can we not expect him to be ethical it appears he's willing to engage with some of our biggest adversaries and seek their assistance during an election. I know he's your guy, so somehow that makes it all right to engage with and seek assistance from the Russian during a United States Presidential Campaign. I know, I know this isn't a new low this is just a new Trump norm.

If you really think it's such a good idea or normal why are so many other Republicans stating they would never do it? In fact I don't know of any congressman acknowledging that they think it's a good idea.

DNC could face investigation into Ukraine ties if Christopher Wray is confirmed

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You do realize that the binary choice we were given for President included two people who were willing to get with foreign entities to get dirt on their political opponents. Right?

Here's how this binary **** works. You have two choices. On issues which both opponents fail, it's a wash. That means you consider the next issue, and the next and the next and the next, and perhaps so much crappy **** is a wash that really the choice becomes an effective Hobson's choice so it comes down to just a very few important issues where one candidate is decidedly better than the other. Guns. Supreme Court. Halting the leftward momentum of the Pendulum. Unfortunately, that meant Trump. If there is a Heaven, may it help us.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You do realize that the binary choice we were given for President included two people who were willing to get with foreign entities to get dirt on their political opponents. Right?

Here's how this binary **** works. You have two choices. On issues which both opponents fail, it's a wash. That means you consider the next issue, and the next and the next and the next, and perhaps so much crappy **** is a wash that really the choice becomes an effective Hobson's choice so it comes down to just a very few important issues where one candidate is decidedly better than the other. Guns. Supreme Court. Halting the leftward momentum of the Pendulum. Unfortunately, that meant Trump. If there is a Heaven, may it help us.

Ah, I see because it's a wash it's acceptable.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    No. It's what it is.

Who did YOU vote for?

See the way I look at it when it comes to being wrong it's just plain wrong. Kind of sounds like that little kid excuse, "but Johnny did it first". Doesn't matter what the other guy did, it's just plain wrong or at least those are the simple rules I live by.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    See the way I look at it when it comes to being wrong it's just plain wrong. Kind of sounds like that little kid excuse, "but Johnny did it first". Doesn't matter what the other guy did, it's just plain wrong or at least those are the simple rules I live by.

answer the question......

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    answer the question......

What question? The point is it doesn't matter who I voted for. If the person I voted for did something wrong then I also have the capability of not accepting the things he or she did which are clearly wrong. I get so tired of hearing either the Republicans or Democrats did this or that first. The level of things the American people have learned to accept as normal because either party can be blamed for doing it first is not only ridiculous it's childish and it's gotten us to where we are now.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    What question? The point is it doesn't matter who I voted for. If the person I voted for did something wrong then I also have the capability of not accepting the things he or she did which are clearly wrong. I get so tired of hearing either the Republicans or Democrats did this or that first. The level of things the American people have learned to accept as normal because either party can be blamed for doing it first is not only ridiculous it's childish and it's gotten us to where we are now.

who did you vote for?????.....the only childish thing going on right now is the MSM/CNN/MSMBC are kicking and screaming because they lost.......

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    who did you vote for?????.....the only childish thing going on right now is the MSM/CNN/MSMBC are kicking and screaming because they lost.......

Really, you can't separate your guy from any acts he may or may not commit? Really, your willing to accept anything he does whether it's questionable, illegal or unethical cause he's your guy? Oh wait, you always got that little childish excuse, "Well little Johnny did it first".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I agree with that. Wrong is wrong. But you're not following the application of that logically. I'm not saying that because Hillary did it too that it's okay for Trump to do it. It's not. I'm speaking in terms of deciding which of the available outcomes I'd rather have. I'd rather have a President who doesn't do that stuff, but that wasn't one of the choices. The two bad things cancel out as far as deciding which of the two I want to vote for.

It's like deciding on something by making a list of pros and cons. At the end you decide whether the pros outweigh the cons. It doesn't mean that if I choose an outcome which has cons, that I find those cons agreeable.

But I noticed you didn't answer my question. Who did you vote for? It's okay if you don't want to say. It's importance is baked into your implication that by choosing to vote for a candidate you know is flawed, means you at least tacitly agree with those flaws. That's just false. So you don't have to tell me who you voted for. You just have to inspect yourself and decide if you can live with applying your statement to your own choices.

No matter who you vote for, no one is perfect. To vote for anyone you have to accept that they have flaws. It doesn't mean you approve of those flaws or that you are ambivalent about them. With our electoral system it really was a binary choice of outcomes. The prospect of both outcomes was really, really bad. I chose the one that looked least bad and I've not seen anything yet that would lead me to believe that the other outcome would have been better for me, my values, or my family.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Really, you can't separate your guy from any acts he may or may not commit? Really, your willing to accept anything he does whether it's questionable, illegal or unethical cause he's your guy? Oh wait, you always got that little childish excuse, "Well little Johnny did it first".

Questionable? Unethical? I'll add sleazy and slimy to that list. Sure, IMO, Trump's all of those.

Illegal? Whoa... you need some facts and laws for that. Immoral does not equate to illegal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom