Daughter needs a car and of course has requirements...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have had the following Mustang GT’s

1990 five speed white and blue brand new I think it was $17,000
    1995 five speed black brand new was $15,000 ish plain Jane
    2015 six speed black brand new no options like $28,000

I wouldn’t recommend one that being said.

My Daughters first car she bought was a 2008 Mustang GT auto!

It was black on black fully loaded sweet leather seats. Daddy put a loud flow master exhaust on it. Then pink stripes and tinted the windows. We always knew when she came home you could hear her a block away. Pi$$ed off some people we she cranked it up at 0600.

She wrote the 1st check of her life for $10,000 for her car. She had worked and saved $$ since she was 13.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have had the following Mustang GT’s

1990 five speed white and blue brand new I think it was $17,000
    1995 five speed black brand new was $15,000 ish plain Jane
    2015 six speed black brand new no options like $28,000

I wouldn’t recommend one that being said.

My Daughters first car she bought was a 2008 Mustang GT auto!

It was black on black fully loaded sweet leather seats. Daddy put a loud flow master exhaust on it. Then pink stripes and tinted the windows. We always knew when she came home you could hear her a block away. Pi$$ed off some people we she cranked it up at 0600.

She wrote the 1st check of her life for $10,000 for her car. She had worked and saved $$ since she was 13.

What does the insurance run on Mustangs in the modern day? People I've talked to over the years have run me away from considering them. Some paying insurance payments higher that the monthly lone payments?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I bought an ugly body style 1st gen manual tranny Ford Focus off of an INGOer ten years ago. Buddy who took me to pick it up named it the "Rally Car." I drive it as such. It's a lot of fun. :)

The car cleaned up good. After I rattle-canned the wheels, hardly anyone notices the body scratches and dings other than me. It's well worth keeping the black car washed, as it looks surprisingly new from a distance, with nothing more than turtle wax wash and occasional tire foam.

The Rally Car is about to turn over 200K. I'm starting to keep my eye out for the next Focus, manual tranny's only before ya'll start :blahblah:, thanks. :n00b:

*** A tip for teenage daughters - Make sure you teach them how to wash a car correctly. It will help them to appreciate taking care of equipment overall. When they open the doors, trunk, hatch, hood and all the jambs are as shiny as the exterior they'll feel good about their effort and will get compliments from others. Same with tires and wheel wells. It doesn't take much effort to keep them cleaner than 90% of the cars on the road. Similarly with a somewhat clean interior people notice this, including mechanics, tire guys and the like. They treat well kept cars accordingly. :twocents:

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am old last ticket was in the 80’s no accidents as well.

Age plays a big part as well I know some young cats that pay $700 or more a month.

I pay $462 a month for full coverage on.

2017 Jeep Rubicon
    2015 Camaro SS
    2022 Silverado
    2021 Hellcat Super Stock
    2001 Toyota Tundra (I have had two trees fall on “old rusty” insurance has payed out like $8000 on it)

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    When they open the doors, trunk, hatch, hood and all the jambs are as shiny as the exterior they'll feel good about their effort and will get compliments from others
    I agree, this is my GTO engine compartment after 14 years of ownership. I paid 26K for it sold it for 15.5k 14 years later. I could probably have gotten more, but I needed the money to pay off the vette.

1727296569752.jpeg
    1727296612511.jpeg

nucular

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Mini Cooper S. Super fun driving experience that she will love and it will help you work on your zen when it breaks down every couple months.

Top Bottom