The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Russia, Russia, Russia

I certainly hope the dems/libs/neverTrumpers keep this up for the next year.
    We need more "sick of this :poop:" wins in the 2018 election. ;)

I heard it posited today that this is all Trump's version of the "birth certificate". Enough of a drip-drip-drip to keep the haters frothing at the mouth and their sympathetic media chasing after shadows and "undisclosed" sources all just hoping to get Trump removed from office...It does sound rather like a pretty decent analog.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Remind me of the media making a big deal about Obama not being a citizen.

There is no comparison. Yes there was a lot of :poop: about his birth certificate, but it was Poo Pooed by the majority of the media.

There is actually nothing to compare this to. There has never been another person ever attacked daily by the media for over a year with no end in sight. I am guessing it will go on for another 7 years.

I do not think that anyone can take that. Trump surprises me. I would have probably snapped and ****** ****** ***** ** ** **** ****. That is purposly in decipherable.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I heard it posited today that this is all Trump's version of the "birth certificate". Enough of a drip-drip-drip to keep the haters frothing at the mouth and their sympathetic media chasing after shadows and "undisclosed" sources all just hoping to get Trump removed from office...It does sound rather like a pretty decent analog.

Let's not forget the differences. Obama's origins are much more open to question. His grandma claimed to have witnessed his birth in Kenya, and he claimed to be Kenyan until he decided to run for president. Perhaps most telling is that the same people who screamed, "he already won, shut up and sit down!" while Obama spent fantastic amounts of money to seal any records proving that he so much as exists (after having used sealed records that he and his proxies managed to get unsealed in underhanded political attacks against others), are demanding access to everything this side of Trump's underwear drawer. Considered purely in terms of political net effect, I see the analogy, but I see little analogous substance.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Right, we knew that. The information leaked, per Comey, wasn't classified. I am unaware of any law against leaking information the govt owns if it isn't classified. It may be improper and discouraged. You may even be open to discipline, but you'll have to make the case that it's illegal to do so with unclassified information.

We shall see. The argument has been made that direct presidential communications with high-ranking officials who have national-security and foreign-policy responsibilities are presumptively classified. When the Obama Justice Department prosecuted retired general David Petraeus, the former CIA director, for mishandling classified information, government attorneys emphasized that this top-secret intelligence included notes of Petraeus’s “discussions with the president of the United States of America.” Petraeus pled guilty because he knew the case against him was a slam-dunk. He grasped that trying to defend himself by sputtering, Clinton-style, that “the notes were not marked classified” would not pass the laugh test. When you’re a national-security official engaging in and making a written record of policy and strategy conversations with the president, the lack of classified markings on the documents you’ve created [does] not alter the obvious fact that the information they contain [is] classified — a fact well known to any high government official who routinely handles national-defense secrets, let alone one who directly advises the president.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Trump Jr, sets up a meeting with a person who he admits freely was a proxy for the Russian govt, and wished to help Trump win? Not concerning at the slightest.

Nope...Not at all....(Note that this is not the rapist nephew meeting with the Kremlin to beat Reagan but the actual drunken Senator who let a girl drown while he walked off a drunk one night...) "Lion of the Senate" they called him....

Kennedy-Brezhnev.jpg

It is my understanding that foreign countries have tried to influence our elections since the beginning of the Republic...It didn't bother me that Obama tried to influence Israel's election....It didn't bother me that the media tried to influence our election to put Hillary in office...It didn't bother me that Hillary sold uranium to the Russians and giggled while she pressed a cheap "reset" button....

I look at things through the lens of history so I have less need for a fainting couch when I hear that..(GASP!!!!) A private citizen running a Presidential campaign was willing to get some dirt on his opponent from a Russian lawyer....Ted Kennedy openly went to the Kremlin and was like, "Help...We need to stop Reagan..."

Our former President once famously said, "Hey Mitt...The 1980's called and want their foreign policy back...." I agree...The Democrats wait to fight the Cold War twenty years after the fact and then wonder why the American people won't get on board after their "Lords in the Media" tell them this is "A Hugely...Biggly deal...." (They try to imitate Trump and even fail at that)...

Obama was right....Let the 80's go...

(Except for the Zima..And the big hair...And Virginia Madsen...Saw her in "Astronaut Farmer" the other night...She is 55 years old and looks as good as she did 30 years ago...)

Virginia+Madsen+Warner+Bros+Premiere+Astronaut+Td8YTh6oe3al.jpg

It doesn't mean I "have my head in the sand".....Anyone that thinks this kind of intrigue is new and not "par for the course" may be guilty of naivete, but I would never insinuate they have "their head in the sand".....I wish I had that kind of confidence to say of those that disagree that they must do so out of ignorance or blinders....I just assume they have not thought it all through or are seeing it through a different lens than I do....Not a "wrong lens"...But a different one...

IMHO

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Virginia Madsen looked and sounded good in Dune, I could listen to the opening monologue to that movie again.:drool:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No, just more heads in the sand will be enough...
    But on the real tip, I'm noticing no one is really addressing the discovery of this new information. Trump Jr, sets up a meeting with a person who he admits freely was a proxy for the Russian govt, and wished to help Trump win? Not concerning at the slightest.
    Honestly? No. I imagine both sides met with a lot of people trying to get dirt on the other.

Unless there is some evidence of the Russians actually hacking voting machines or some servers involved with the voting process, it isn't really a big deal in my eyes.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    But on the real tip, I'm noticing no one is really addressing the discovery of this new information. Trump Jr, sets up a meeting with a person who he admits freely was a proxy for the Russian govt, and wished to help Trump win? Not concerning at the slightest.

I don't get it. I don't see how it's all of the sudden acceptable to be meeting with a foreign government not too mention one wihich just happens to be Russia to get dirt on one's political opponent. Another symptom of the Trump phenomenon. All that was once verboten is now acceptable and stupidity and unacceptable behavior is now the norm.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't get it. I don't see how it's all of the sudden acceptable to be meeting with a foreign government not too mention one wihich just happens to be Russia to get dirt on one's political opponent. Another symptom of the Trump phenomenon. All that was once verboten is now acceptable and stupidity and unacceptable behavior is now the norm.

Yes sir..."Unprecedented" for sure....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_United_States_campaign_finance_controversy

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/...on-presidential-campaign-charity.html?mcubz=2

Never heard of such a thing....

https://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/t...eagan-opinions-columnists-peter-robinson.html

Here is the Russian Lawyer Donald Jr met with sitting in a hearing in Congress with Obama's Ambassador to Russia 8 days after meeting Trump Jr....

Veselnitskaya-McFaulForeignAffairsCommittee06142016-.jpg

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

So you see this as somehow being acceptable then?

So you would also advocate not punishing kids for behavior which others have also done?

Under this reasoning I see no reason why prisons are necessary. After all wrong behavior of all kinds has already been conducted before. All is right even if it is wrong as long as it has been attempted by someone else prior then it is right.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

It bothers me not a bit...Didn't bother me then...Doesn't bother me now...I do not think Obama's Ambassador to Russia was "stupid" for meeting with the same Russian lawyer Trump Jr. met with....What I find unacceptable is blinders creating "selective outrage"....What I find sad is patriotic American men being led by the nose by the cast of The View....

Think for yourself....Let the hatred, disdain, and name calling go and turn to history for your context...When you do you will find the words of the great bard truthful...."This is much ado about nothing."

Or in the words of the ever sexy and brilliant Hillary Clinton..."It's a big old nothing burger"....:)

Republicans, Independents, and Democrats put Trump in office.....Give the man us folks rebelled against our own parties to elect a chance....Treat him with the same respect afforded those that came before....

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Yes, unlike the perfectly normal and above board process of reaching out to a sketchy (former?)MI6 agent and agent of a foreign gov't Christopher Steele and paying him to gather dirt on Trump. That's certainly not actual collusion

British spy points at McCain in Russia-Trump dossier case | Miami Herald

John McCain faces questions in Trump-Russia dossier case

The court document obtained by McClatchy confirms that Sir Andrew Wood, a former British ambassador to Moscow and a Russia adviser to former Prime Minister Tony Blair, discussed the 35-page dossier with McCain.

In recent congressional testimony, ex-FBI Director James Comey, fired by Trump amid a widening probe, acknowledged receiving the dossier from McCain on Jan. 6. Kramer, a former State Department official who until recently served as a senior director at Arizona State University’s McCain Institute for International Leadership, declined comment.

The British court document also confirmed that Washington research firm Fusion GPS, co-founded by former Wall Street Journal reporter Glenn Simpson, had been hired to conduct opposition research by one of Trump’s GOP primary opponents. Later, Democrats paid for the same research on Trump’s past and alleged Russian ties.

Looks like everybody is colluding with the Russians EXCEPT Trump lolz

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So you see this as somehow being acceptable then?

So you would also advocate not punishing kids for behavior which others have also done?

Under this reasoning I see no reason why prisons are necessary. After all wrong behavior of all kinds has already been conducted before. All is right even if it is wrong as long as it has been attempted by someone else prior then it is right.

That reminds me of a toy my brother had as a child........

e18daf5a230eec78a5326bed777b3bed.png

So to be clear...I am not a hypocrite....My country has tried to influence other countries elections.....Other countries, networks, films, Hollywood types, MSM talking heads, etc... have tried to influence every election in my lifetime....It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly get the vapors this election....Again...I study history...A lot...Maybe too much...

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Did he state anywhere that he knew or even suspected that the person was a proxy for the Russian govt. at the time of the meeting? Is there any evidence that she was actually working as a proxy during the meeting? Yes hers and the Russian govt interests may have aligned, but that doesn't mean she was working for them at that time. She started a foundation to help American's adopt Russian children. The Russians cut off the adoptions after US political action.

Where did Trump Jr. meet with a foreign government?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom