The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I agree with that. Wrong is wrong. But you're not following the application of that logically. I'm not saying that because Hillary did it too that it's okay for Trump to do it. It's not. I'm speaking in terms of deciding which of the available outcomes I'd rather have. I'd rather have a President who doesn't do that stuff, but that wasn't one of the choices. The two bad things cancel out as far as deciding which of the two I want to vote for.

It's like deciding on something by making a list of pros and cons. At the end you decide whether the pros outweigh the cons. It doesn't mean that if I choose an outcome which has cons, that I find those cons agreeable.

But I noticed you didn't answer my question. Who did you vote for? It's okay if you don't want to say. It's importance is baked into your implication that by choosing to vote for a candidate you know is flawed, means you at least tacitly agree with those flaws. That's just false. So you don't have to tell me who you voted for. You just have to inspect yourself and decide if you can live with applying your statement to your own choices.

No matter who you vote for, no one is perfect. To vote for anyone you have to accept that they have flaws. It doesn't mean you approve of those flaws or that you are ambivalent about them. I look at voting as choosing one likely outcome over the others. With our electoral system it really was a binary choice of outcomes. The prospect of both outcomes was really, really bad. I chose the one that looked least bad and I've not seen anything yet that would lead me to believe that the other outcome would have been better for me, my values, or my family.

Yes, a good number of your points are correct and I concur. However we have reached a point where the things we're willing to accept keeps getting lower. Also, when we discover additional information there's no reason we have to either ignore, accept, or make excuses for it either. There's a whole lot of that going on at this point as well. Which came first the chicken or the egg. The fact of the matter is our willing to accept an increasingly lower level of behavior does tend to lower the bar.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Questionable? Unethical? I'll add sleazy and slimy to that list. Sure, IMO, Trump's all of those.

Illegal? Whoa... you need some facts and laws for that. Immoral does not equate to illegal.

My use of the word illegal was used to make a point, it was not used to say this specific act was or was not illegal,

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Really, you can't separate your guy from any acts he may or may not commit? Really, your willing to accept anything he does whether it's questionable, illegal or unethical cause he's your guy? Oh wait, you always got that little childish excuse, "Well little Johnny did it first".

you sound just like the MSM....if he wasn't attacked he wouldn't have to attack back....

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Really, you can't separate your guy from any acts he may or may not commit? Really, your willing to accept anything he does whether it's questionable, illegal or unethical cause he's your guy? Oh wait, you always got that little childish excuse, "Well little Johnny did it first".

Show me on this doll where President Trump hurt you.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oh wait, you always got that little childish excuse, "Well little Johnny did it first".

Easy there buddy.....Easy now.....I need you here to help get more people on board the Trump Train....

giphy.gif

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    yes ?????.......like i said when backed in to a corner you come out fighting.......don't you?.....or do you stand there and have your ass kicked???????

Criticism comes with the job. Trump engages in petty little tactics and has taken it to the lowest level in my lifetime and I would say that probably even includes Nixon. I just don't know what Trump has done in the dark yet. This is where Nixon just might have Trumped Trump.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ah, I see because it's a wash it's acceptable.

Why do you hate reality so??? I know it can be painful but without it we are like Mongo...Just pawns in game of life....

One has to be able to accept reality...If not they end up on Morning Joe abandoning their wife, children, and principles for a leggy blonde addicted to plastic surgery....

And I know this to be trues....I have it from the leader of the free world....Your President...Your leader...Your commander in chief...Donald J. Trump....Lord I love the president and his transparency......

Not a good place to be....:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom