The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That "discrimination thing" was a little more complicated then the MSM portrayed it. Basically you're willing to discriminate against someone's religious beliefs but not against their sexual orientation. So, you support discrimination as long as it's the kind you like?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yes, and what of the PR electrical grid contract awarded under dubious circumstances? Same swamp, different leeches.

I think we could point out quite a few poor choices and unforced errors he has made. He might be the best (I would disagree) guy for the job, but not the perfect guy for the job.

we discussed that up thread. Trump does not micromanage. Look at tom price. He has no qualms about tossing aside a cabinet member who acts inappropriately. We'll see where it goes.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    That "discrimination thing" was a little more complicated then the MSM portrayed it. Basically you're willing to discriminate against someone's religious beliefs but not against their sexual orientation. So, you support discrimination as long as it's the kind you like?

Neither

Okay what you got?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    we discussed that up thread. Trump does not micromanage. Look at tom price. He has no qualms about tossing aside a cabinet member who acts inappropriately. We'll see where it goes.

it’s not like Tom wasn’t doing what the President already does legally but 1000xs worse and sets the time for what’s morally acceptable.

He tossed him not because it was wrong but because it looked bad. Give me a break.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As usual there’s always things lost when I write things. But just trying to point out that you brought it up so I was going to call it out.

Pence and anybody supporting that jerk get no respect from me. Besides his whole early attempts in Indiana to allow business to discriminate based on sexual preference will permantly turn me off on Pence. Another holier than thou individual if you ask me. He does seem fairly modest but that discrimination thing was wrong.

Man, really looking for that response in the Revolver thread. Need some input and I value what you have to contribute. Thanks

Imagine if you can be so fundamentally wrong about this what else you might be misled on....

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You should grant me an exception....

You’ve been given a special exception.

Grandfathered in back to the discussion of alcohol and bourbon.

Hey, that don’t mean it can’t be revoked if you don’t post the pics requested and give your advice in a timely manner. LOL

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So you don't understand the question? You can either choose to discriminate against someone's sexual preference or discriminate against someone exercising their freedom of religion. There is no third choice.

Ah, ok I get it now.

Sorry your discriminating and to me that’s not Christian. So are you going to tell me your atheist and I am still wrong?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Looks like Pence may have colluded with Obama as well....What's Governor Pence been up to lately?? I heard he got a job in D.C.

So thanks Obama and Governor Pence....

[FONT=&amp]"Although a last-minute commitment prevented Gov. Mike Pence from attending, he said in a statement that “our state is leading the nation in manufacturing jobs creation and POSCO’s new facility will not only produce new high-wage jobs, but its operations will also generate new business for other port companies.”[/FONT]

I honestly have no idea who to give credit for this to. Almost, as a rule of thumb, you don't give a president credit for the nations economic gains/failures during the beginning of his administration. That said, it's undeniable that the president has certainly improved the the outlook for the economy in the short term. But that's not really based on anything, as of yet, other than a belief in what he says he's going to do. That has inspired confidence in the market. We really won't know how lasting these economic gains are, until around the end of his second year.

One thing about Obama, is that he had consistent growth. It was small, but consistent. I don't know why, or even how, people would knock him over that. Consistency means stability, and for the econ guys who watch markets, that's always a good sign of an impending bull run.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ah, ok I get it now.

Sorry your discriminating and to me that’s not Christian. So are you going to tell me your atheist and I am still wrong?

This isn't about you or I. This is the government of the State of Indiana violating the U.S. Constitution by not allowing a citizen to freely exercise their religion. You can buy a cake anywhere. You shouldn't be told that you business practices must violate your religious beliefs.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

I'll grant that this is recent. Hopefully Trump takes appropriate action. I'll be waiting....

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I honestly have no idea who to give credit for this to. Almost, as a rule of thumb, you don't give a president credit for the nations economic gains/failures during the beginning of his administration. That said, it's undeniable that the president has certainly improved the the outlook for the economy in the short term. But that's not really based on anything, as of yet, other than a belief in what he says he's going to do. That has inspired confidence in the market. We really won't know how lasting these economic gains are, until around the end of his second year.

Very true. I'm not sure any president has that much impact on the economy anyway.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Ah, ok I get it now.

Pence was honestly trying to make sure private business owners did not have to violate their beliefs in conducting their business. He swung and missed, but that was a tactical error, not some grand discrimination conspiracy. But, you know, keep that blind eye on the television so they can tell you what to believe about what happened.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

My fear is this whole thing is one gigantic enormous bubble. I’m to close to retirement for this. Pretty confident in what I have regardless but still I don’t want to ride another big wave. Ups and downs are cyclic and expected the housing thing wasn’t the normal everyday or once in a decade event. I just don’t think our country is ready for another real big one.

The president and or the Congress haven’t really delivered on anything yet. They’ve really set expectations high, what happens off they never deliver?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Pence was honestly trying to make sure private business owners did not have to violate their beliefs in conducting their business. He swung and missed, but that was a tactical error, not some grand discrimination conspiracy. But, you know, keep that blind eye on the television so they can tell you what to believe about what happened.

Exactly.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

That’s bullsh**. He tried to give them a legal means to discriminate against other people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom