The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I honestly have no idea who to give credit for this to. Almost, as a rule of thumb, you don't give a president credit for the nations economic gains/failures during the beginning of his administration. That said, it's undeniable that the president has certainly improved the the outlook for the economy in the short term. But that's not really based on anything, as of yet, other than a belief in what he says he's going to do. That has inspired confidence in the market. We really won't know how lasting these economic gains are, until around the end of his second year.

One thing about Obama, is that he had consistent growth. It was small, but consistent. I don't know why, or even how, people would knock him over that. Consistency means stability, and for the econ guys who watch markets, that's always a good sign of an impending bull run.

Well said Kut....There is "something in the air" and I do hope it lasts....

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Negative. That was the MSM spin.

No, that was my perception, and my interpretation. No, that’s how I see this lame excuse for something to preserve one’s right to discriminate against other people.

The common theme of Republicans when they are being criticized nowadays is that it’s the Media’s fault we now have people in the White House that can’t simply tell the truth. What a lame excuse.

No, not everything is the Media’s fault. No, actually things like this and the fact Trump lies is Trumps fault and this law is bad policy.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I said nothing about unemployment...I said "consumer confidence" has risen under Trump...And it has....I am certain that company has been thinking of opening another plant for years.....My wife and I buying more land had "been in the works for a number of years" but the point is we didn't IMPLEMENT IT until Trump got in....Which gave us confidence which in turn got us to spend a pretty good chunk of change.....

Consumer confidence is what I am talking about here....It's up...It's a reality....It happened when Reagan got in as well....

OK. Let's get a few more data points shall we? And you seem to be ignoring the trend line during the period 2009 through 2016. I don't know why. It isn't as if a new president has pulled the economy out of a world-wide recession.....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    OK. Let's get a few more data points shall we? And you seem to be ignoring the trend line during the period 2009 through 2016. I don't know why. It isn't as if a new president has pulled the economy out of a world-wide recession.....

No sir...I posted the consumer confidence index from the last twenty years or so...I ignored nothing.....The latest I heard was consumer confidence is the highest it's been in 18 years.....It has risen since Trump and in order to show that I had to post the rise under the previous four POTUS.....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No sir...I posted the consumer confidence index from the last twenty years or so...I ignored nothing.....The latest I heard was consumer confidence is the highest it's been in 18 years.....It has risen since Trump and in order to show that I had to post the rise under the previous four POTUS.....

That's the second time he has tried to say the data presented wasn't complete when it was. A pattern perhaps?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So are you unable to make up your own mind? What, you need Breitbart or Fox to tell you what to do?

I noticed this post was missing a link. I didn't specify a network, or even that it had to come from a news site. Just no opinion pieces.

I didn't think the language of the bill was discriminatory. What part did you think was discriminatory? You did read the bill, didn't you?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Gee, maybe I'm seeing a different first graph?

"Highest in 18 years" isn't all that impressive. If this was a velocity chart, the deta V might be a more relevant statistic. But, it's politics and economics. We all understand correlation is not causation, especially since we've had little in the way of action in Congress to implement Trump policy.

Hmmm....maybe Congress' inability to do anything makes most of us feel good about things. I know it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

UOhVv1l.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Gee, maybe I'm seeing a different first graph?

"Highest in 18 years" isn't all that impressive. If this was a velocity chart, the deta V might be a more relevant statistic. But, it's politics and economics. We all understand correlation is not causation, especially since we've had little in the way of action in Congress to implement Trump policy.

Hmmm....maybe Congress' inability to do anything makes most of us feel good about things. I know it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

UOhVv1l.gif

What's interesting about that, is that it put us right in the middle of Clinton's second term. That "confidence" was a false one, just before the bottom fell out of it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Benghazi!

Dead Americans? Hilarious!

[video=youtube;yBdqxMUQByU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBdqxMUQByU[/video]

Yep, that too.

[video=youtube;KiIP_KDQmXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs[/video]

[video=youtube;9Rha6Wamfp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rha6Wamfp0[/video]

SOLID trustworthy people here.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Are you correlating the alley cat morality of Clinton and Trump? Yes, I'd say they are BOTH liars and sexual predators.

Had to find more vids up top, edited. You don't think hitlary was lying? You don't think she would like about her involvement in Uranium One? Interesting.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't know how you guys tolerate the consistent personal attacks. Posting intellectual rebuttea seems OK from where I'm standing, I don't understand why it always has to get personal

Half of this thread is now white space .

It is time to end this gigantic thread and start making smaller threads about individual topics again.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Hey, I will repeat it again: If Hillary gets thrown in prison, I'd be just as happy as anyone. All significant abuses of power should be prosecuted.

But....let's get an indictment. Please? Wandering around the internet with accusations is only an opinion. Yes, it may be the opinion of a number of people, but it's still short of legal action and not much more relevant than any other partisan garbage.

Uranium One sounds like a diversion from the Mueller investigation. I'm not seeing that as being a "real" criminal inquiry by Congress. Maybe it will be. I'll wait for the indictment.

The "dossier". First commissioned by a Republican. Not sure it rises to a level above opposition research. Again: maybe. Let's see the indictment.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I noticed this post was missing a link. I didn't specify a network, or even that it had to come from a news site. Just no opinion pieces.

I didn't think the language of the bill was discriminatory. What part did you think was discriminatory? You did read the bill, didn't you?

It does allow buisness to refuse service based on sexual preference doesn’t it?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know how you guys tolerate the consistent personal attacks. Posting intellectual rebuttea seems OK from where I'm standing, I don't understand why it always has to get personal

Half of this thread is now white space .

It is time to end this gigantic thread and start making smaller threads about individual topics again.

The political forum has been circling the drain for years. It seems like every thread ends up this way.

What topics would you like to see?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom