The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I don't know how you guys tolerate the consistent personal attacks.

:)

rimg.php

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The political forum has been circling the drain for years. It seems like every thread ends up this way.

What topics would you like to see?

I think the topics are there, they're just too hard to follow with so many cross discussions going on. Separate this thread into discussions about taxes, Russia collusion, etc

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Not denying the 8 year trend line for Obama...more that there are more data points needed in the Trump administration before we declare victory.

Slide31.jpg

161228123900-consumer-confidence-index-780x439.jpg

The first graph shows a downward trend, doesn't it? But, it's only a few data points. A longer period is necessary to adequately evaluate the current administration. That's all I'm saying.

And I'm not a big believer that presidents should get credit or be blamed for economic activity in most cases. The world is a lot more complicated than that.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I refuse people business based on I just don't like the vibe I get from them.....

Well, I think every buisness has the right to refuse service. Just think the law that was crafted is not something that should be tolerated. Legalized discremination is just plain wrong.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, I guess if we can't allow "discrimination", reddit has to allow the Nazis back then. After all, wouldn't want the Nazis to be able to sue for discrimination.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No, that was my perception, and my interpretation. No, that’s how I see this lame excuse for something to preserve one’s right to discriminate against other people.

The common theme of Republicans when they are being criticized nowadays is that it’s the Media’s fault we now have people in the White House that can’t simply tell the truth. What a lame excuse.

No, not everything is the Media’s fault. No, actually things like this and the fact Trump lies is Trumps fault and this law is bad policy.

So you prefer religious persecution to discrimination based upon sexual preference. I see.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I for one think discrimination is a natural and usually healthy human activity. Being prejudicial is wrong, but why make morality a matter of law? And if you decide to try, you're going to have to be prejudicial on which types of prejudice you want to outlaw.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I for one think discrimination is a natural and usually healthy human activity. Being prejudicial is wrong, but why make morality a matter of law? And if you decide to try, you're going to have to be prejudicial on which types of prejudice you want to outlaw.

i'm not sure being prejudicial is wrong. Making assumptions of a person based on certain demographics may be very accurate and appropriate.

I go to Chicago and walk down the street, trusting no one. I'm prejudiced against chicagoans. Am I evil, or cautious?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    i'm not sure being prejudicial is wrong. Making assumptions of a person based on certain demographics may be very accurate and appropriate.

I go to Chicago and walk down the street, trusting no one. I'm prejudiced against chicagoans. Am I evil, or cautious?

You are discriminating, which is smart, and something we all do dozens of times a day.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So you prefer religious persecution to discrimination based upon sexual preference. I see.

As I said previously I don’t see discremenating people as being Christian. But frankly if you wish to drag religion into it why don’t we discuss all those dark dirty details of how religion has been the reason used for mistreating people or going to war.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

kut?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    As I said previously I don’t see discremenating people as being Christian. But frankly if you wish to drag religion into it why don’t we discuss all those dark dirty details of how religion has been the reason used for mistreating people or going to war.

So you're conceding the point? So far you haven't supported your claim that the law was prejudicial.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Once again you miss the entire point. Freedom to practice one's religion is an enumerated right under the Bill of Rights. Freedom to buy a cake with you and your buddy Bob on it is not. Do I support you and your buddy Bob being able to buy a cake? Sure I do. But if it violates the bakers religion to sell you one then I say go find another baker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom