The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump in Indiana lying. "We have the votes" to repeal Obamacare, but apparently we have to wait until March.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I figure there isn't enough money in the entire country to pay the legal bills that would involve a reboot of all the legislation the former president signed. In the interest of the economy his fitness for office question based on nationality is best left to history in the future. That's not an endorsement of the man, just an understanding of how the world is.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sen. Blumenthal is "99% sure" that there will be charges from the investigation. Hints strongly at Flynn and Manafort. Keep in mind that his is the Senate investigation, not Mueller's investigation. Mueller has been resisting sharing much of his information with the Senate investigation. Given Mueller is King Snoop, and would have a sizable feather in his cap, if he proves some of the more serious allegations concerning collusion, the election, and obstruction, I would think he's knows well more than the Senate, and is aggressively pursuing more information.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So I gotta ask. After hurricanes hit the mainland, Trump temporarily lifted the Jones Act to allow Florida and Texas to receive humanitarian support from non-US owned/crewed vessels. Puerto Rico, has repeatedly asked that the Jones Act be lifted. As of the time of this post, the Jones Act has not been lifted, and American citizens are suffering. When asked why the Jones act has not been lifted to help the people of Puerto Rico, the president said "a lot of people that work in the shipping industry don't want the Jones Act lifted."

You gotta be kidding me, right? American citizens (one who happens to be a friend -and his family- from HS who is there for work,) are suffering because the president is considering the desires of the shipping industry? Absolutely shameful.
    I guess Puerto Ricans are only "Americans," compared to the real Americans in Florida and Texas.

Why has this not been lifted?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So I gotta ask. After hurricanes hit the mainland, Trump temporarily lifted the Jones Act to allow Florida and Texas to receive humanitarian support from non-US owned/crewed vessels. Puerto Rico, has repeatedly asked that the Jones Act be lifted. As of the time of this post, the Jones Act has not been lifted, and American citizens are suffering. When asked why the Jones act has not been lifted to help the people of Puerto Rico, the president said "a lot of people that work in the shipping industry don't want the Jones Act lifted."

You gotta be kidding me, right? American citizens (one who happens to be a friend -and his family- from HS who is there for work,) are suffering because the president is considering the desires of the shipping industry? Absolutely shameful.
    I guess Puerto Ricans are only "Americans," compared to the real Americans in Florida and Texas.

Why has this not been lifted?

Because he hasn't gotten to it?
    Because the shipping industry is lobbying? (Although I think that would be bad on their part, if that got out they held up humanitarian supplies).
    Because they can't vote. (Though that would boomerang when it causes people who can vote to think about it).
    Because they "don't look like him"?
    Because he's trying to leverage something through Congress?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because, by my reading, Houston and Miami only got a limited, targeted lifting of the Jones act for gas and oil because the pipelines were down. Puerto Rico already buys most of its energy consumables from non-US sources and has adequate supplies just no functioning distribution network so a similarly limited lifting of the Jones act would not help them

That said, Puerto Rico does not have the alternative of receiving by truck or rail, so in their case a full lifting might be in order. Might be wary of setting a precedent beyond the limited lift for Harvey and Irma

But no, probably racism. Because its Trump, you know

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "a lot of people that work in the shipping industry don't want the Jones Act lifted."
    -Donald J. Trump

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom