The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Like Bug said,only port entry for supplies.The place is destroyed.Water a foot deep everywhere.They showed pictures of the ports.Sea containers were setting everywhere.They were all full.They were all from before the storm.They at this point do not have the logistics to even move what is already there because of the destruction.I heard the National guard is on the way to try to clear a path,get the already staged containers off the docks ,get things opened up to Start receiving new supplies,which are setting on ships off shore.Why lift the Act yet when they can't receive anything for a short while anyway.TRAFFIC JAM.Pull up photos....they speak for themselves. I am sure the MSM will not say this,because the Trumps Katrina racist BS going to be too delicious.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "a lot of people that work in the shipping industry don't want the Jones Act lifted."
    -Donald J. Trump

[virtual teal] For someone who is usually quick to denigrate the President's grasp of complex issues, I see you are willing to accept his utterings as expert testimony when it suits the narrative. Puerto Rico wants a COMPLETE AND TOTAL lifting of the Jones act for ONE YEAR. Perhaps they should be less ...ambitious. Perhaps we should wait until SecDOT weighs in, after all he should be the expert in this or at least be benefiting from expert advice. But no, it could never be business interests in Puert Rico looking to profit inappropriately from the misfortune.

Because; racism [end virtual teal]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "a lot of people that work in the shipping industry don't want the Jones Act lifted."
    -Donald J. Trump

I heard a FEMA guy interviewed on POTUS XM yesterday. He said the biggest problems right now aren't resources as much as distribution. Fuel, for example, they have plenty of reserves on the island but they have no way to distribute it where needed. I think maybe Trump doesn't know the details well enough to answer those questions so he makes **** up.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I heard a FEMA guy interviewed on POTUS XM yesterday. He said the biggest problems right now aren't resources as much as distribution. Fuel, for example, they have plenty of reserves on the island but they have no way to distribute it where needed. I think maybe Trump doesn't know the details well enough to answer those questions so he makes **** up.

Thats entirely possible. And maybe it is distribution that's the issue, but when you have 3 million US citizens, struggling to survive, in a place that's less than 2200 miles away from the mainland, you can bet that, if I were president, I'd transition to a war footing concerning the distribution of the resources they need.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The WH has now temporarily lifted the Jones Act, at the urging of the governor of Puerto Rico. So apparently they cleaned really quickly and got their logistics in order.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Your Respect for the current POTUS simply oozes from every pore.

You have no reason to disrespect him! Your words not mine.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

As far as the dictionary definition of respect, as pointed out by Jamil, concerning the president... yeah, I have none. As far as being courteous, to him, sure he can have that from me if we ever met. But trust, I'd try to avoid that encounter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The WH has now temporarily lifted the Jones Act, at the urging of the governor of Puerto Rico. So apparently they cleaned really quickly and got their logistics in order.

Well the FEMA guy said they were throwing everything they had at the distribution problem. But also I can't discount that for now the lifting of the Jones act is at least political.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

My respect for the previous person in the WH was very similar to the respect Kut has for this one. People get to decide who they respect and why. Who people respect and disrespect is a function of the person's values as much as anything.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

[virtual teal] Please note the opinion of people ACTUALLY ON THE GROUND. I assume PR's governor and representative are not Republicans, so perhaps you'll take THEIR word for it [end virtual teal]

[URL="http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/27/puerto-rico-recovery-is-addressed-by-trump[/URL]

ETA: please excuse the clumsy attempt to link from my phone. I'm sure you can adjust that to see the content if you so desire

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom