The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    President Trump on Tuesday began deleting his tweets supporting Sen. Luther Strange (R-Ala.) in Alabama's Senate primary after Strange lost the race to former state Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore.
    Trump deletes tweets backing Strange after primary loss

Why? Because his guy lost the run-off? C'mon this guy's pride is so fragile that he needs to erase all the tweets he had supporting a losing candidate. I know he said he'd be embarrassed if Strange lost, but seriously?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump deletes tweets backing Strange after primary loss

Why? Because his guy lost the run-off? C'mon this guy's pride is so fragile that he needs to erase all the tweets he had supporting a losing candidate. I know he said he'd be embarrassed if Strange lost, but seriously?

[virtual teal] When, for some people, no matter what you do it will be wrong; might as well do what you want. At least he didn't take knee to protest the injustice of it all [end virtual teal]

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Rght, they looked at the top of his application, thought... "Hey, is that Admiral McCain's So.... APPROVED"

Sorry, Kut. That ain't how it works. I've got two kids who attended USNA and also worked as a volunteer admissions counselor for a couple of years. So, I think I have some knowledge of the process and requirements, and you have...

Not that being a legacy of Flag Officers hurts! :) And is also a pretty strong indicator of the applicant's citizenship. So your comment refernecing his parentage actually works against your spurious commentary on McCain's citizenship. Which was never at issue in any case...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Europeans are only happy when we have a Democrat in office......At least since I was a kid that seems to be the case...
    Having grown up there and remembering the Administrations of Bush, Clinton, GW Bush and Obama that is also my experience.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Why do people continue to obsess over Obama's birth?

When obungle applied to college he didn't have the faintest idea that he would be president on day.
    He used "foreign student" to his advantage back then for preferential treatment in admissions.
    True or false, he claimed it for an advantage. It's one of the reasons why his records have been sealed to this day.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When obungle applied to college he didn't have the faintest idea that he would be president on day.
    He used "foreign student" to his advantage back then for preferential treatment in admissions.
    True or false, he claimed it for an advantage. It's one of the reasons why his records have been sealed to this day.

lol

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I never subscribed to the "birther" BS but have long believed this is probably pretty close to the truth.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why are they sealed?

I think when a public figure acts like he's hiding something, he's probably hiding something. Like I said, I don't know if he didn't want to be embarrassed by ****ty grades, or if he lied about being an exchange student to get better standing, or maybe he just didn't want people to know about all the Marxist classes he took.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think when a public figure acts like he's hiding something, he's probably hiding something. Like I said, I don't know if he didn't want to be embarrassed by ****ty grades, or if he lied about being an exchange student to get better standing, or maybe he just didn't want people to know about all the Marxist classes he took.

Is it customary for presidents to release college transcripts? Has every other president (besides Obama and Trump) released them? I know Clinton did, but he was a Rhodes Scholar, so he was probably bragging, but everyone else?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

On the other side, the media are generally worse than meth heads. The public's right to know. Malarkey. I don't want to know that. In fact, I stopped watching 99% of TV news and have considerably cut down on internet reading. Except here, of course. I can always get the TRUE STORY from INGO members. Right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom