The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Either they had suficient probable cause or not. If they didn't and they got some judge to rubber stamp it, that's one thing. But where's the evidence of that? The headlines read like the Trump administration is just unilaterally ordering this company to hand over those records. It's not the Trump administration ordering it. It's the court through the due process that the constitution outlined.

So let me try to get this right.

I think here is where I am supposed to come back and say chances are the conservative court they used was bound to do exactly that.

The thing is if it where the large net it appears to be then this isn't the way Justice is supposed to work.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's apparently not true. They said why they left, just because it doesn't fit into what you believe don't make their reasonings untrue.

You missed my point. They joined the council because their primary goals in life are in fact parallel with Trump's agenda. They jumped ship because, oh my god, he pissed off the mob.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You missed my point. They joined the council because their primary goals in life are in fact parallel with Trump's agenda. They jumped ship because, oh my god, he pissed off the mob.

He also hasn't delivered on the part of the agenda that concerns them most, and is unlikely to do so.... oh, and they might be part of the "mob" and are pissed off too.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well you forgot to mention where it would have been under Obama if he had done it when it became vacant to begin with. Same as Hillary I guess.

But I have much more concern if any President Right Or Left gets enough where a drastic shift occurs.

So then you have a problem with Red Frank using his 4 terms to pack the court creating the judicial situation we now have?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    quote-democracy-and-liberty-are-not-the-same-democracy-is-little-more-than-mob-rule-while-walter-e-williams-36-45-35.jpg

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So let me try to get this right.

I think here is where I am supposed to come back and say chances are the conservative court they used was bound to do exactly that.

The thing is if it where the large net it appears to be then this isn't the way Justice is supposed to work.

Create a website as a tool in committing a crime, and yes, you should expect the authorities to seize everything that comprises that website. This is not some rare thing that only happened here because the criminals were anti-Trump. In fact, apparently this is so common that the DoJ published a "how-to" in the November 2011 edition of the US Attorneys Bulletin.

See pg 35, "Compelling Online Providers to Produce Evidence Under ECPA". This is a standard investigation except that the all of the snowflakes melting are making a river.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/usao/legacy/2011/11/30/usab5906.pdf

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    SD, what does DOJ do to a company, not controlled by the Clintons or the Democrat party, that deletes information and destroys devices under subpeona?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Im confident you're old enough to Nixon.

I assume you meant 'remember Nixon'. As actually posted this reminds me of the joke about the teacher who asked one of her students if he liked Kipling to which he replied, "I don't know, I have never kippled."

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    [video=youtube;pQYZ-bMpoXU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQYZ-bMpoXU[/video]

Wait a sec. You used a CNN video not more than 6 posts upthread less than 2 hours ago and YOU are criticizing someone else for using videos? Physician, heal thyself.

you mean this???????......just show that he condemned them......i didn't criticized anyone......it was a video and i could give a **** less if it was CNN......that was not the point.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I assume you meant 'remember Nixon'. As actually posted this reminds me of the joke about the teacher who asked one of her students if he liked Kipling to which he replied, "I don't know, I have never kippled."

Ahhh...you beat me to it Dave!

I, too, am old enough to Nixon...but I'm still too young to want to!

I think using Nixon as a verb is apropos in some circumstances. Most everyone who knows what he did will understand what is compressed in that usage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom