The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    They are not requesting a list of IP addresses. They are demanding everything stored for that website on the host servers.

That includes all databases. All databases is all data pertaining to anyone that joined the site.

Which is not, nor no where near 1.3 million people... likely numbered in thousands or tens of thousands at best.

Just to be clear, the databases would only have your information if you 1) donated to the disruptj20 cause, or 2) filled out their online form to volunteer for January 20th. It's also possible that the site had "secret", non-public boards (like INGO) used for coordination and possibly evidence of conspiracy to commit...

So, if they are looking for people who volunteered and said that they would be at X street corner, which is where violence and destruction occurred, the databases are EXACTLY what they should request as long as they've demonstrated probable cause that the website was used for this... which the judge issuing the search warrant found they had.

Here is the website archived the morning of the inauguration.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170120014950/http://www.disruptj20.org/get-organized/volunteer/

ETA: There is likely a similar website for "Unite the Right" in Charlottesville, Va, that likewise turned into riots... I wouldn't be surprised if it receives similar warrants and examination by the authorities for conspiracy to incite felony rioting.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Which is not, nor no where near 1.3 million people... likely numbered in thousands or tens of thousands at best.

Just to be clear, the databases would only have your information if you 1) donated to the disruptj20 cause, or 2) filled out their online form to volunteer for January 20th. It's also possible that the site had "secret", non-public boards (like INGO) used for coordination and possibly evidence of conspiracy to commit...

So, if they are looking for people who volunteered and said that they would be at X street corner, which is where violence and destruction occurred, the databases are EXACTLY what they should request as long as they've demonstrated probable cause that the website was used for this... which the judge issuing the search warrant found they had.

Here is the website archived the morning of the inauguration.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170120014950/http://www.disruptj20.org/get-organized/volunteer/

ETA: There is likely a similar website for "Unite the Right" in Charlottesville, Va, that likewise turned into riots... I wouldn't be surprised if it receives similar warrants and examination by the authorities for conspiracy to incite felony rioting.

Kind of sounds eerily like McCarthyism to me.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Expand a bit on that please.

If they could all possibly have a conversation, would you not think the subject "Which one might be next?" would come up?

The statues can't "name names", but you gotta know that people are doing their research to make sure they don't leave any offending statues out.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Project much?

"Do you now, or have you ever, supported or agreed with anything Donald Trump said or did?" Blacklist, ban, fire, mace, attack with a baseball bat, etc.

You're the McCarthyite, dude.

Well actually I did and I posted both of those instances. But of course the VA and active army comments might have kind of got overlooked or overwhelmed. Not sure and have to admit there probably wasn't anything more than that though.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well actually I did and I posted both of those instances. But of course the VA and active army comments might have kind of got overlooked or overwhelmed. Not sure and have to admit there probably wasn't anything more than that though.
    You didn't like the Gorsuch nomination?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They are not requesting a list of IP addresses. They are demanding everything stored for that website on the host servers.

That includes all databases. All databases is all data pertaining to anyone that joined the site.

EXACTLY!

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    If they could all possibly have a conversation, would you not think the subject "Which one might be next?" would come up?

The statues can't "name names", but you gotta know that people are doing their research to make sure they don't leave any offending statues out.

Not much different than the Washington Redskins I guess. Pretty divisive subject to begin with.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You didn't like the Gorsuch nomination?

I wasn't invested in it. I don't like how they got there. It did after all become vacant during the Obama Administration. I'll bet if the tables where turned the right would be equally up in arms. I think I'm glad the status Quo wasn't disturbed. I most certainly don't want the Supreme Court to either become too right or too Left. This happens in either direction and this normally is where things get to be too extreme.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I wasn't invested in it. I don't like how they got there. It did after all become vacant during the Obama Administration. I'll bet if the tables where turned the right would be equally up in arms. I think I'm glad the status Quo wasn't disturbed. I most certainly don't want the Supreme Court to either become too right or too Left. This happens in either direction and this normally is where things get to be too extreme.

Sounds like a +1 in your column for President Trump. :thumbsup:

You DO know where it would have gone with president hitlary right?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Sounds like a +1 in your column for President Trump. :thumbsup:

You DO know where it would have gone with president hitlary right?

Well you forgot to mention where it would have been under Obama if he had done it when it became vacant to begin with. Same as Hillary I guess.

But I have much more concern if any President Right Or Left gets enough where a drastic shift occurs.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

There have been other times when a president nominated a SCOTUS justice in an election year... if the senate is the opposite party, they have never been confirmed prior to the election. It wasn't widely reported, but Garland Merrick's treatment was SOP for that situation.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    There have been other times when a president nominated a SCOTUS justice in an election year... if the senate is the opposite party, they have never been confirmed prior to the election. It wasn't widely reported, but Garland Merrick's treatment was SOP for that situation.

No actually it wasn't reported wildly and only mentioned amongst the other rhetoric. That's kind of why I like this site. There's a bit of keeping it honest. The only problem is there is still a lot to sifting through things to get there. I've done it but I'm far from the only one. Opinions of course only make it more so. But anyway this election just kind of amped everything up.

Thing is, it's still a political move and not the way the system was intended to work if you ask me. If it was then they should have included that addendum when they wrote the rules. Political ploys whether they just came up with them are not are still political ploys and not what the original intent was supposed to be.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

Lets face it, we dodged a bullet there.

If Hillary hadn't pulled defeat from the jaws of victory, we could have had her nomination...and I shudder to think what that might be.

Personally, I'd take basically anyone Obama nominates over basically anyone Hillary might. If we choose to be honest with ourselves Merrick was about as good a pick as a conservative could reasonably expect from a liberal. Had a few more voters shown up for Hillary she'd be trying to reanimate Karl Marx's body for the job.

We are all lucky Trump chose from the list he was given, and didn't shoot from the hip. That earns a un-tempered checkmark in the "Plus" category for Trump in my book.

So far, it's the only one.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Lets face it, we dodged a bullet there.

If Hillary hadn't pulled defeat from the jaws of victory, we could have had her nomination...and I shudder to think what that might be.

Personally, I'd take basically anyone Obama nominates over basically anyone Hillary might. If we choose to be honest with ourselves Merrick was about as good a pick as a conservative could reasonably expect from a liberal. Had a few more voters shown up for Hillary she'd be trying to reanimate Karl Marx's body for the job.

We are all lucky Trump chose from the list he was given, and didn't shoot from the hip. That earns a un-tempered checkmark in the "Plus" category for Trump in my book.

So far, it's the only one.

Amen, brother. Though I would add checkmarks for Mattis, stronger foreign policy stance (perhaps the same as Mattis), deregulation/pipeline actions, opting out of Paris, and direction on immigration control.

If during his term we get tax reform, release from Obamacare mandates, another solid SCOTUS appointment and suppressors off of the NFA list, he would far exceed what I thought he was capable of... heck, I'd be overjoyed with just a SCOTUS lock-down and new toys (suppressors).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seriously? Your bar is that low?

My bar is the Constitution.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Exactly.

Just because a warrant was issued, does not mean it was correct.

Either they had suficient probable cause or not. If they didn't and they got some judge to rubber stamp it, that's one thing. But where's the evidence of that? The headlines read like the Trump administration is just unilaterally ordering this company to hand over those records. It's not the Trump administration ordering it. It's the court through the due process that the constitution outlined.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom