The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So now that Heather Heyers Mother is not talking to and critizing him by saying he should think before he speaks that Trump will attack her too?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But Corker is a Republican and he said the words and not the Democrats. So would it be better if I had not placed them in parentheses? It doesn't change the fact that he said it. These are not typically the words we use to discuss other Presidents especially some one of the same party.

I'm not talking about Corker, specifically, I'm making a broader point. I think it's fair to point out the president's failings, and especially doing that to a president who is a member of his own party is very rare over the previous 8 years. I'm talking about the tactics used by the left, and even some Republicans to ensure Trump fails.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I'm not talking about Corker, specifically, I'm making a broader point. I think it's fair to point out the president's failings, and especially doing that to a president who is a member of his own party is very rare over the previous 8 years. I'm talking about the tactics used by the left, and even some Republicans to ensure Trump fails.

Well actually at one point Corker was one of his strongest supporters. This individual at one point was in strong consideration for a number of different positions. In fact I think he may have been in consideration for Vice President. This is by no means a never Trumper.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So now that Heather Heyers Mother is not talking to and critizing him by saying he should think before he speaks that Trump will attack her too?

"I'm not talking to the president now ... after what he said about my child" Bro said, referring to Trump's comments earlier this week, in which he said there was "blame on both sides" for the clashes in Charlottesville.

I have to feel for this woman's grief. It has to be horrible to lose a child anyway, I can't imagine losing mine. And to lose a child to a hateful *LITERAL* Nazi has to exacerbate that to a level beyond comprehension.

Let's say what is true though. Trump didn't say anything negative about *her child*. He didn't say the counter protestors were all at fault, or that it was in any way her child's fault. He correctly identified that both sides had violent people who were fueled by the same kind of hatred. To my knowledge her child was a peaceful protestor, so I don't see how he said anything bad about her child. In fact his words about that were very sympathetic.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well actually at one point Corker was one of his strongest supporters. This individual at one point was in strong consideration for a number of different positions. In fact I think he may have been in consideration for Vice President. This is by no means a never Trumper.

I'm not saying Corker was. I'm saying some republicans are. My only reference to Corker is that it's fair to say the truth about the president's failings. And I commended about that as being very rare the previous 8 years. But the point was about the Democrats exploiting Trump's failures, and hyperbolizing them, at the peril of the nation.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    "I'm not talking to the president now ... after what he said about my child" Bro said, referring to Trump's comments earlier this week, in which he said there was "blame on both sides" for the clashes in Charlottesville.

I have to feel for this woman's grief. It has to be horrible to lose a child anyway, I can't imagine losing mine. And to lose a child to a hateful *LITERAL* Nazi has to exacerbate that to a level beyond comprehension.

Let's say what is true though. Trump didn't say anything negative about *her child*. He didn't say the counter protestors were all at fault, or that it was in any way her child's fault. He correctly identified that both sides had violent people who were fueled by the same kind of hatred. To my knowledge her child was a peaceful protestor, so I don't see how he said anything bad about her child. In fact his words about that were very sympathetic.

Really not my point.

And I too feel for her and her entire family. In fact based on what I heard about this individual I feel sorry for us that we lost her.

But now that she chose to critique him do you think he lacks the decency and common sense to attack her too? After all he's lashed out at everyone one else that has critized him.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I'm not saying Corker was. I'm saying some republicans are. My only reference to Corker is that it's fair to say the truth about the president's failings. And I commended about that as being very rare the previous 8 years. But the point was about the Democrats exploiting Trump's failures, and hyperbolizing them, at the peril of the nation.

I understand and this is where we are both making different points. Your making one point which may very well be valid as I am talking to something different. Here we have a President who is progressively isolating himself and this has nothing to do with the Democrats.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Really not my point.

And I too feel for her and her entire family. In fact based on what I heard about this individual I feel sorry for us that we lost her.

But now that she chose to critique him do you think he lacks the decency and common sense to attack her too? After all he's lashed out at everyone one else that has critized him.

Has he criticized her?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Has he criticized her?

Not that I am aware of. But here again this would be the only case that I know of if he doesn't that he hadn't. In fact this is one of the reasons I brought this up. His behavior has been fairly predictable to this point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not that I am aware of. But here again this would be the only case that I know of if he doesn't that he hadn't. In fact this is one of the reasons I brought this up. His behavior has been fairly predictable to this point.

I'm going to predict that he doesn't attack her. She's lost a child, for crying out loud. (though he may say something which people hyperbolize as an attack)

But if he actually does attack her, I'd say that's pretty bad.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I'm going to predict that he doesn't attack her. She's lost a child, for crying out loud. (though he may say something which people hyperbolize as an attack)

But if he actually does attack her, I'd say that's pretty bad.

He did attack the Muslim father of the veteran who died in Iraq I think it was. Yes, he critized Trump at the Democratic Convention. However the fact that Trump decided to go after him and his wife specifically was in bad taste. He has little restraint.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think that would be a good thing. Anyone associated to Breitbart for many reasons aren't a good thing. Not sure where this leaves Stephen Miller or he fits in this but I thought he was associated to Breitbart as well.

I just wonder if breitbart turns critical of Trump now. It was reported that getting out was Bannon's idea, and that he turned in his resignation on the 7th. If that's the case I don't think things will change at Breitbart.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just wonder if breitbart turns critical of Trump now. It was reported that getting out was Bannon's idea, and that he turned in his resignation on the 7th. If that's the case I don't think things will change at Breitbart.

Bannon will be the enemy of of NeverTrumpers while leading Breitbart. He's unleashed now. This will be interesting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom