The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Well, everyone quit. They had to disavow Trump before the mob disavows them, since Trump didn't disavow Nazis to their satisfaction, possibly because he didn't realize his 2016 disavowment of Nazis expired.

i guess i should have said.....what ever.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, everyone quit. They had to disavow Trump before the mob disavows them, since Trump didn't disavow Nazis to their satisfaction, possibly because he didn't realize his 2016 disavowment of Nazis expired.

Or maybe they didn't believe that he really meant it. I meant its Trump. He and the truth have a contentious relationship.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    ^ Can you say opportunist?

There's other things, but he's mostly an opportunist when it comes down to it. His desire to be king is the most important thing to him so whatever he believes is secondary or at least this is what I always believed.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    ^ Can you say opportunist?

There's other things, but he's mostly an opportunist when it comes down to it. His desire to be king is the most important thing to him so whatever he believes is secondary or at least this is what I always believed.

you need to put the MSM down and step away from the TV......

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    what ever....

This is the kind of thoughtful and detailed response from a Trump supporter I thought I would get before I joined this forum. No reason very little thought and it's the middle finger response. When all reason is used the only possible response is whatever because frankly there is no good reasonable response possible.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Seriously? Your bar is that low?

My bar is the Constitution.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My bar is the Constitution.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I agree.

The problem, as I see it, it that we live in a world of secret proceedings and administrative warrants. A rubber-stamp warrant from a kangaroo court doesn't fulfill constitutional requirements, and should never be supported with the weight of law.

In some ways it's a pretty frightening time to be living under the US Federal Government.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    How about you read the warrant, and tell me if you still believe what you wrote above.

https://www.dreamhost.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/DH-Search-Warrant.pdf

I both read AND posted a link to the search warrant. Your link is the same warrant and nowhere in that warrant is the government requesting a list of IP addresses of visitors to the site. In section II.1.c they request the HTTP Request Logs I described in my post you quoted. What section do your read a request for all visitor IP addresses?

Note that do they request name, address, method of payment, all correspondence, etc for the SUBSCRIBER. The subscriber is the person(s) or entity that OWNS the site and pays the monthly subscription to Dreamhost in order to host the site.

subscriber = owner(s) of the site, not visitors to the site

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I agree.

The problem, as I see it, it that we live in a world of secret proceedings and administrative warrants. A rubber-stamp warrant from a kangaroo court doesn't fulfill constitutional requirements, and should never be supported with the weight of law.

In some ways it's a pretty frightening time to be living under the US Federal Government.
    Exactly.

Just because a warrant was issued, does not mean it was correct.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Seriously? Your bar is that low?

First, the DoJ did not request/demand a list of IP addresses. Read the warrant.

Second, an IP address alone DOES NOT equal an identity. I could give you my IP address right now and you would not know who I am unless you contacted my service provider and requested which of their customers was using that IP address at that time on that day. If the DoJ requested 1.3 million identities from the Internet Service Providers, for nothing more than visiting the site, I would be with you.

Every single website you visit KNOWS and LOGS your IP address. (unless you first go through an IP-anonomizer or are on ToR)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I both read AND posted a link to the search warrant. Your link is the same warrant and nowhere in that warrant is the government requesting a list of IP addresses of visitors to the site. In section II.1.c they request the HTTP Request Logs I described in my post you quoted. What section do your read a request for all visitor IP addresses?

Note that do they request name, address, method of payment, all correspondence, etc for the SUBSCRIBER. The subscriber is the person(s) or entity that OWNS the site and pays the monthly subscription to Dreamhost in order to host the site.

subscriber = owner(s) of the site, not visitors to the site
    They are not requesting a list of IP addresses. They are demanding everything stored for that website on the host servers.

That includes all databases. All databases is all data pertaining to anyone that joined the site.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    First, the DoJ did not request/demand a list of IP addresses. Read the warrant.

Second, an IP address alone DOES NOT equal an identity. I could give you my IP address right now and you would not know who I am unless you contacted my service provider and requested which of their customers was using that IP address at that time on that day. If the DoJ requested 1.3 million identities from the Internet Service Providers, for nothing more than visiting the site, I would be with you.

Every single website you visit KNOWS and LOGS your IP address. (unless you first go through an IP-anonomizer or are on ToR)
    That was a general question, not specific to this case.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Republicans in DC: Man, we're taking a beating with this healthcare crap. Everything we try seems to make things worse and worse.
    What we need is a way to take the nation's attention off of it for awhile, but how could we do that?

Alt Right: Hold my beer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom