The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    But the thing is as Paul Ryan has said many times. This finally is the Republicans chance to pass their agenda. So the Paul Ryan's in the world as much as they dislike this whole Trump thing what they hate the most is the fact that was the chance to get their agenda finally through and it is being squandered.

You just can't tell me they hate anyone so bad that they would take it out on them if that meant that would kill their chance of getting their agenda passed. In fact this is the other dynamic that makes this thing so f***ed up.

Well just sit back and watch then.

The first mistake you make is assuming they share an agenda. The second is believing that they even view Trump as one of them, they don't. I don't see much hope that they will pass or repeal anything.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No

Not you anyway.

This maybe your view but not mine.

Of course not. You have no problem when the leftists twist the laws and the Constitution because you agree with them. Same as your position on the UBC. You don't care if anyone else's rights are trampled as long as it isn't yours.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    GdOldr3.jpg

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Well just sit back and watch then.

The first mistake you make is assuming they share an agenda. The second is believing that they even view Trump as one of them, they don't. I don't see much hope that they will pass or repeal anything.

Yeah sorry, I have a problem seeing them cut their nose off to spite their face. That is if there were anyway to salvage the mess that is Trump they would just to get their agenda through. The problem is that Trump is proving he's just too much of a mess it gets in the way of accomplishing anything. The mess that is Trump just makes the whole Republican Party look so so bad.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But the thing is as Paul Ryan has said many times. This finally is the Republicans chance to pass their agenda. So the Paul Ryan's in the world as much as they dislike this whole Trump thing what they hate the most is the fact that was the chance to get their agenda finally through and it is being squandered.

You just can't tell me they hate anyone so bad that they would take it out on them if that meant that would kill their chance of getting their agenda passed. In fact this is the other dynamic that makes this thing so f***ed up.

For 7 years the Republicans ran on the AGENDA of repeal Obama care. In those 7 years they made a show of sending several bills to the president's desk which (as they knew) he handily vetoed.

Now there is a president in the Oval Office that promises to sign any bill they send him to repeal & replace, repeal or even skinny repeal.

What is their AGENDA? To get elected/reelected, making promises to the people that they have no intention of keepiny.

Let us just hope the three get primaried and the new R candidate wins.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Of course not. You have no problem when the leftists twist the laws and the Constitution because you agree with them. Same as your position on the UBC. You don't care if anyone else's rights are trampled as long as it isn't yours.

The problem is your expressing a view with no specific examples of the DOJ under Obama where they did anything similiar to this wide net the Trump DOJ is casting.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yeah sorry, I have a problem seeing them cut their nose off to spite their face. That is if there were anyway to salvage the mess that is Trump they would just to get their agenda through. The problem is that Trump is proving he's just too much of a mess it gets in the way of accomplishing anything. The mess that is Trump just makes the whole Republican Party look so so bad.

Partially true. He isn't the sole reason for their inability to pass anything. There are at least three distinct groups within the Republican party and their inability to play well with each other is mostly to blame.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The problem is your expressing a view with no specific examples of the DOJ under Obama where they did anything similiar to this wide net the Trump DOJ is casting.

Their problem was in casting a wide net as it was turning a blind eye to criminality if it was in their political interests to do so.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    For 7 years the Republicans ran on the AGENDA of repeal Obama care. In those 7 years they made a show of sending several bills to the president's desk which (as they knew) he handily vetoed.

Now there is a president in the Oval Office that promises to sign any bill they send him to repeal & replace, repeal or even skinny repeal.

What is their AGENDA? To get elected/reelected, making promises to the people that they have no intention of keepiny.

Let us just hope the three get primaried and the new R candidate wins.

Yeah, they kind of screwed that up didn't they. Not a stellar case for them having their s*** together is it. But Trump is to blame for that one as well. He didn't do much to help that much did he. I mean he actually showed during the campaign he had no clue what the ACA was in the first place. Then he basically promised mostly the same plan with the exception of the mandate. I mean that kind of plan was completely abhorant to the real Republicans from the get go. So then he hands the responsibility for coming up with something to Paul Ryan. Paul Ryan comes up with not what the President promise but what he said would never happen. So what does Trump do? He calls a few Republicans when it becomes evident a bill, something he promised wouldn't happen to pressure them to vote for it. He then throws a party celebrating the passage. Something everybody thinks will never happen. Yeah we got a victory on something that will alienate my supporters. Oh did I fail to mention after his supporters felt alienated that he called the bill mean?

Trump doesn't help the Republican Party and their Agenda. Trump gets in the way of the Republican Agenda.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Their problem was in casting a wide net as it was turning a blind eye to criminality if it was in their political interests to do so.

Ok more specifics and not feelings.

Why don't you start with sanctuary cities. I mean that was DOJ related was it not?

Do you have anymore?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Yeah that's poopy too but 1.3M ip addresses is an awfully big net.

It is a big net, but there are potentially a large number of fish. Recall that over 200 were arrested on inauguration day, so there were many more who rioted and were not arrested.

And, a little more background... soon after the inauguration, the DoJ subpoenaed the same information and was rebuffed. Presumably, some of the 200+ found out they were facing real prison time and squealed that they received their "marching orders" via the website, hence the search warrant this time as the DoJ has developed probable cause satisfying a judge. (if someone has a link to the PC affidavit, please post)

Probably the most relevant information would be emails and lists of people who "signed up" to "man" the various blockades throughout DC on inauguration day. If you've visited the site (I have) you've little to worry about the FBI looking at your IP address... if you "signed up" to "man" one of the blockades where violence and destruction occurred, you might expect an interview.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    It is a big net, but there are potentially a large number of fish. Recall that over 200 were arrested on inauguration day, so there were many more who rioted and were not arrested.

And, a little more background... soon after the inauguration, the DoJ subpoenaed the same information and was rebuffed. Presumably, some of the 200+ found out they were facing real prison time and squealed that they received their "marching orders" via the website, hence the search warrant this time as the DoJ has developed probable cause satisfying a judge. (if someone has a link to the PC affidavit, please post)

Probably the most relevant information would be emails and lists of people who "signed up" to "man" the various blockades throughout DC on inauguration day. If you've visited the site (I have) you've little to worry about the FBI looking at your IP address... if you "signed up" to "man" one of the blockades where violence and destruction occurred, you might expect an interview.

Now this is a case where that Freedom Loving cr** that I've been accused of would seem pretty appropriate right now. Just saying.

1.3 million and if true as being reported some just viewing. Seriously, are you kidding me?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Or they find Trump's views distasteful.

I would hope this were true. I was hoping for more of that kind of thinking long ago. Frankly I think their willingness to join in the first place shows more where their interests lie. This is not a Trump who has simply changed overnight or hasn't shown how he can be long ago. No this simply is more of what Trump has shown from the very beginning. I'll try to give them the benefit of the doubt but it's extremely hard, However it is true a seat at the table is often better than not at all,

I think Mattis exemplifies that. Or at least that's what I'm thinking. I don't think Mattis is a true Trump supporter. I somehow believe he's more an American Patriot. Anyway that's my belief.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom