The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not think you will be in trouble for anything you have said here. It is legal to say the president is an idiot, but not to threaten him, as many have.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just a little blast from the past:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-377657

Is Rush Limbaugh being disloyal to his country?
    Is Rush Limbaugh behaving in a treacherous manner?
    The answer to both questions is yes: By Rush’s own admission he said he wants Obama to fail.
    The failure of a presidency is the failure of the country itself. One cannot separate the president from the country.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Trump calls CEOS who QUIT COUnCIL "Grandstanders"

This makes Trump look more and more that he cares more about him and how he looks than he does about the Country.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/15/trump-hits-ceos-who-left-manufacturing-council-as-grandstanders.html

I'd say there is a good chance that he is right and they are grandstanding, or they have received flack or are afraid of receiving flack over Trump's not bashing the hate and violence of just one of the sides rather than both (all?)

Gone as in banned, or simply inactive? But that honestly doesn't make a difference, when they were active, they illustrated a type of hateful rhetoric that DD doesn't even begin to approach. Obama's out of office, so maybe they no longer need an outlet to vent, and have moved on to supporting the new guy.

I think a bit of both. And really? They called Obama a stupid, idiotic, dangerous, moron in every post for days on end?

Ok either I made a mistake or you misunderstood my point, sorry scratch the second one. That's not what I meant to say.

The bottom line is the messaging from the Administartion often is very different from Trumps.

Once again I understand, and even agree somewhat/for the most part. I don't think you are understanding my point though. My point is if you are going to bash Trump for what his administration/underlings say or do, you should also be willing to give Trump credit for what they say or do. It's one of the only ways for you to remain logically consistent. One of the other ways is to neither blame or give credit for what others do.

Well you guys might be in luck. it appears the Justice department is requesting user info on an Anti Trump Website.

Justice demands 1.3M IP addresses related to Trump resistance site | TheHill

Somehow I now find myself no routing for you guys to remain Pro-Trump. Maybe that will be enough to provide me some cover. LOL

Actually IMO that warrant is unconstitutional and goes way beyond was is/should be allowed under the 4th Am. I'll put this down as a negative. ETA And if they get slapped down hard a heck of a big +1 for whatever court does it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well if they are looking into a site that says Trump is a poopy head, There is something to be concerned about.

However if they are looking into a site that is advocating Civil War, asasination, over throw of the government, seeking the military to take action &t, then it is their perrogative.

I need to see more evidence. Let us not jump at conclusions just because the fit an agenda.

I am Kutnupe 14.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well just partly reacting to those here that make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever and by that I don't mean you although at times I have a hard time seeing where your coming from. Attack Attack, no this has nothing to do with it either.

This has to do with having different world views. You understanding things differently. You interpret things differently. You assign moral judgements differently. If you're not used to that I can see why you might not understand all the vinegar you get for reacting the way you do. Probably best to make sense of stuff before reacting.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Gone as in banned, or simply inactive? But that honestly doesn't make a difference, when they were active, they illustrated a type of hateful rhetoric that DD doesn't even begin to approach. Obama's out of office, so maybe they no longer need an outlet to vent, and have moved on to supporting the new guy.

I think you'll need to refresh my memory. Being a conservative leaning gun forum there's certainly going to be some angst and vitriol during a [STRIKE]communist[/STRIKE] democrat regime. I don't recall it being all that much like you're describing.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I think last time I argued from the don't give a **** POV. I'll probably stick with that when it's time to argue about it this fall.

Apathy never leads, never challenges, it barely manages to even resist.

I look forward to play time. :)

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I do not think you will be in trouble for anything you have said here. It is legal to say the president is an idiot, but not to threaten him, as many have.

Maybe, but this is troubling to say the least. They're not just requesting specific posters who posted specific messages they're requesting 1.3 million IP Adresses and other user information. Hell if true they're requesting information because people simply viewed the website.

OMG!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom