The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    INGO's sense of irony must be on holiday. Who can blame it, really, it is summertime.

DD speaks of Trump exactly the way INGO spent the last eight years speaking about Obama.

Hitler. Bah. Trump is no Hitler. I'm getting pretty sick of all the Nazi and Hitler crap circulating now. It's way worse on liberal-leaning sites. There was a (formerly) pretty good atheist site I had to stop visiting, the Hitler/Nazi crap just got to be too much.

There is a meme circulating that states something to the effect of: "The left sees Nazis everywhere, the Right sees communists everywhere." The meme goes on to make some strained point, but I'll say this: there is the ring of truth to that first bit. A conversation like that doesn't leave much room for "Americans".

The baseless hyperbole got tuned up to 11 sometime during GW Bush's presidency, and nobody seems to want to turn it down anymore. It doesn't serve the conversation, and it doesn't serve the best interests of our society. My opinion, of course.

DD is a mirror. Look deeply, and be the change you want to see.

Before DD came along I made the same points about Trump's administration being a mirror of Obama's, and the same about both side's supporters. They're saying the same things for the same reasons but applying it to opposite sides.

However. I've never seen any INGOer dodge and make irrelevant counters like that poster does. I mean, it seems more directed, kinda like ****posting. Like it's intentional. Purposed. Because, on occasion he posts out of character and says something very logical. And then that makes me wonder, why the other stuff if he actually understands things well enough to make that one logical connection. So idunno. Jury's out.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You won't get anywhere with that approach. The left believes that any criticism of Obama was based upon racism. It is unimaginable for anyone to oppose him for any other reason. After all he was a brilliant statesman, a powerful and gifted orator and the great uniter we've been looking for all these years. Only a racist could find fault with him. All attacks, even those based upon policy, are really rooted in racism.

Just stand back and hose it down with purple.

I do not see any sarcasm at all. For the last eight years thet is exactally what they pushed.

To a degree yes, but not entirely. Heck I used to be a member of a very liberal site, I stated I didn't like Obama and it wasn't because of his skin color. I was asked why I disliked him, I responded with a list of reasons and why. The person believed me but still thought a lot of the opposition was due to racism.

Really?

This is a big part of the current problem with "the dialog". Re-read my post without the assumption that I'm somehow trying to attack or trick you.

Nuance. Our conversation has lost all sense of nuance. I mean this acutely, but also broadly.

My post wasn't meant to single you out. It wasn't meant to incite or insult. I'm sorry if it comes across that way.

I didn't and don't think you were trying to attack or trick me. And no need to apologize, but when a post quotes me, yes I figure it is generally directed at me.

You simply stated that the entire board was a bunch of hypocrites.

"Entire?" Nah.... but a goodly amount for sure.

Define goodly please. While I saw a few members that may have rose to the level of vitriol towards Obama that Dddrees uses towards Trump I wouldn't consider it to be a large or considerable portion of the members.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes, racist hypocrites one and all.

Right. More stuff I never said.

Is hypocricy only bad when "they" do it? Is there some shame in acknowledging and eliminating hypocrisy from ourselves?

Are you so convinced I'm your enemy here that you cannot address what I'm actually writing. I'm not trolling you, I'm trying to participate in the conversation.

Why are you so concerned about being called racist or hypocritical? The best defense against these charges is to live a life as free of those vices as possible. I have never thought of you as a racist. Not a hypocrite, either...not more than myself, anyway...and I know I try to limit my (overt) hypocrisy.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There is a meme circulating that states something to the effect of: "The left sees Nazis everywhere, the Right sees communists everywhere."

Found on the Facebook (thanks, Acteon)

20768084_2006191722934162_4384010106526080381_n.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just took your words at face value. You can be very judgmental in tone. Yes, I'm tired of being lumped in with a bunch of WS and racists, people that truly disgust me. Yes, I opposed Obama's policies and his use of the government to suppress his political enemies. Is he the first one to do that? Absolutely not? But he got a complete pass from the MSM who spent eight years covering for him. Trump nominated Gorsuch. So far that is about the only thing on the good side of his ledger. I'm disappointed and possibly a little ticked off? Does it show?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's a good meme. There ARE some NAZIs. There ARE some communists. They're just not everywhere. Well, except all the communists social "science" professors at liberal arts colleges. Other than that, not everywhere.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Oh I get what your saying. The problem as it turns out that doesn't happen to be reality in Trump's case. In fact he hardly agrees with his underlings in reality, in actions, or in words.

Wait a minute, you can't credit him for what his underlings say or do because and I quote" In fact he hardly agrees with his underlings in reality, in actions, or in words." But you can blame him for the same? Do you not see the logical disconnect/hypocrisy in that?

This phot should come up anytime anybody mentions women whether over 70 or not.

I can agree with you on that. ;) See there is a middle ground. I almost posted Linda Carter and Jacklyn Smith also, but they are only 71...

No, I didn't. I haven't called anyone a hypocrite. I pointed out that the left is simply adopting a tactic the right has used for years.

My point was to highlight the error in that tactic.

Nuance.

I'll take your word on it, but I assumed you meant the same. Considering you quoted me where I stated that Dddrees seemed to be quite hypocritical.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Wait a minute, you can't credit him for what his underlings say or do because and I quote" In fact he hardly agrees with his underlings in reality, in actions, or in words." But you can blame him for the same? Do you not see the logical disconnect/hypocrisy in that?

I can agree with you on that. ;) See there is a middle ground. I almost posted Linda Carter and Jacklyn Smith also, but they are only 71...

I'll take your word on it, but I assumed you meant the same. Considering you quoted me where I stated that Dddrees seemed to be quite hypocritical.

Wait did I say that wrong or you just don't see it. Trumps underlings often say something and then Trump comes out and says something entirely different.

Jacklin Smith most definitely and in fact I think her looks are ageless, Linda Carter though I think I've seen a picture or two where it looked like she has started to show the effect of her age more. Could be wrong but then again I'm getting older and my memory fails me from time to time.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Before DD came along I made the same points about Trump's administration being a mirror of Obama's, and the same about both side's supporters. They're saying the same things for the same reasons but applying it to opposite sides.

However. I've never seen any INGOer dodge and make irrelevant counters like that poster does. I mean, it seems more directed, kinda like ****posting. Like it's intentional. Purposed. Because, on occasion he posts out of character and says something very logical. And then that makes me wonder, why the other stuff if he actually understands things well enough to make that one logical connection. So idunno. Jury's out.

Well just partly reacting to those here that make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever and by that I don't mean you although at times I have a hard time seeing where your coming from. Attack Attack, no this has nothing to do with it either.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Define goodly please. While I saw a few members that may have rose to the level of vitriol towards Obama that Dddrees uses towards Trump I wouldn't consider it to be a large or considerable portion of the members.

Goodly? A HELL of a LOT... and they surpass DD by a long shot.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Wait did I say that wrong or you just don't see it. Trumps underlings often say something and then Trump comes out and says something entirely different.

Jacklin Smith most definitely and in fact I think her looks are ageless, Linda Carter though I think I've seen a picture or two where it looked like she has started to show the effect of her age more. Could be wrong but then again I'm getting older and my memory fails me from time to time.

I understand that, but you stated that because they often say/do something different then Trump he should get no credit for what they say/do. That is logical, and I can understand it. But you also say that Trump should get blamed for things they say/do, which doesn't quite make sense by your standard of giving credit.

And yes Carter may be showing her age a bit more. But IMO she is still way more attractive than Pelosi.

Goodly? A HELL of a LOT... and they surpass DD by a long shot.

I'll agree to disagree. And most of the ones that may have surpassed Dddrees, are long gone.

Yes.

What are your thoughts on Daylight Saving Time?

Don't do it.
    f04dab5822996808e5fc80da2fc501f4.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I understand that, but you stated that because they often say/do something different then Trump he should get no credit for what they say/do. That is logical, and I can understand it. But you also say that Trump should get blamed for things they say/do, which doesn't quite make sense by your standard of giving credit.

And yes Carter may be showing her age a bit more. But IMO she is still way more attractive than Pelosi.

I'll agree to disagree. And most of the ones that may have surpassed Dddrees, are long gone.

Don't do it.

Gone as in banned, or simply inactive? But that honestly doesn't make a difference, when they were active, they illustrated a type of hateful rhetoric that DD doesn't even begin to approach. Obama's out of office, so maybe they no longer need an outlet to vent, and have moved on to supporting the new guy.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I'd be interested to see what companies want to join now after that tantrum. He seems like the stress is getting to him.

I don't see this being any different than what he 's done before so I don't attribute it to stress. However yes I believe he has to be suffering from an extreme amount of stress. Things just aren't going his way. Not everybody believes no matter what he does he is SPECIAL.

I've said it before but this is who he is. It's just is. It just that now he's under the intense light and scrutiny that's showing more and more what exactly he is,

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Don't do it.

Ok either I made a mistake or you misunderstood my point, sorry scratch the second one. That's not what I meant to say.

The bottom line is the messaging from the Administartion often is very different from Trumps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom