The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Trump's legislative goals are toast. All of the Republican leadership in both houses are Anti-Trumpers. They are more than happy to use any excuse to deny him any victory. I believe they would rather work with Chuck and Nancy and give them a win.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Why is this being glossed over? No one's any issue with this?

I read the briefs... the DoJ is has presented probable cause of incitement to riot to a judge and obtained a search warrant, with the disruptj20.org website being the principal point of communication between the co-conspirators. Since there was property destruction in excess of $5,000 and also injuries from the rioting, the "incitement to riot" charges change from 6 month misdemeanors to 10 year felonies.

(d) If in the course and as a result of a riot a person suffers serious bodily harm or there is property damage in excess of $5,000, every person who willfully incited or urged others to engage in the riot shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than 10 years or a fine of not more than the amount set forth in § 22-3571.01, or both.

If they organized a peaceful protest that was "hijacked" into a riot, they are innocent.

If they called for, encouraged and organized the riots as riots, then they are eligible for 10 years of federally provided food, housing and orange clothing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why is this being glossed over? No one's any issue with this?
    :runaway:

is that better?

It looks to me like overstepping their authority. This one of the issues I've had with Trump all along. He's an authoritarian.

But. Just like the courts *****-slapped Obama for his frequent overreaches, so they can do with Trump. The .org should refuse to hand it over and let the courts sort it out.

In summary, ya. It's poopy. I'm still not voting for Democrats.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I read the briefs... the DoJ is has presented probable cause of incitement to riot to a judge and obtained a search warrant, with the disruptj20.org website being the principal point of communication between the co-conspirators. Since there was property destruction in excess of $5,000 and also injuries from the rioting, the "incitement to riot" charges change from 6 month misdemeanors to 10 year felonies.

If they organized a peaceful protest that was "hijacked" into a riot, they are innocent.

If they called for, encouraged and organized the riots as riots, then they are eligible for 10 years of federally provided food, housing and orange clothing.

I'd bet everything I have that MSNBC and CNN haven't bothered to mention any of that.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Trump's legislative goals are toast. All of the Republican leadership in both houses are Anti-Trumpers. They are more than happy to use any excuse to deny him any victory. I believe they would rather work with Chuck and Nancy and give them a win.

Yeah yeah, they hate him so bad they'll do anything to make him look bad.

BS they've had this weird stupid dance with him since it was evident he was a legimate contender. Repulsed by him but all scaredy cat because he was so popular. So they always knew they had to coddle him because he had so many supporters.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Yeah that's poopy too but 1.3M ip addresses is an awfully big net.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yeah yeah, they hate him so bad they'll do anything to make him look bad.

BS they've had this weird stupid dance with him since it was evident he was a legimate contender. Repulsed by him but all scaredy cat because he was so popular. So they always knew they had to coddle him because he had so many supporters.

You just called what I said BS and then paraphrased the very same idea. :scratch:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You just called what I said BS and then paraphrased the very same idea. :scratch:

But the thing is as Paul Ryan has said many times. This finally is the Republicans chance to pass their agenda. So the Paul Ryan's in the world as much as they dislike this whole Trump thing what they hate the most is the fact that was the chance to get their agenda finally through and it is being squandered.

You just can't tell me they hate anyone so bad that they would take it out on them if that meant that would kill their chance of getting their agenda passed. In fact this is the other dynamic that makes this thing so f***ed up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom