The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    This won't go over well here but Trump did name names but there's no doubt he was forced to do this. So actions speak louder than words let's see where this goes from here. But there's no doubt no matter what the subject the rollercoaster that is Trump will continue.

If actions speak louder than words, why are you so hung up on what he said? Didn't the DOJ announce within a day they were looking into civil rights violations for the driver?

Nancy Pelosi is 77. Ya'll can lie if ya want, but if I'm 80, and my wife looks like that at 77 AND walk around. I'd be happy.

If you have enough money for that much plastic surgery, I'm sure she could. But looks ain't everything. I'd rather wake up to a female Quasimodo (Quasimolly?) or a Elephant woman that had values a bit closer to mine than Pelosi. And that ain't no lie.

I think that many a conservative just can't admit to Pelosi hotness. Politics has nothing to do with anything in this realm. I'm not really into 77 year olds (introduce the right one and I may take that back), but it's clear to me that Nancy Pelosi was a hottie in her day and among the Medicare set, still is.

Back in the day she was attractive, now iffy at least imo?
    How about a 76 yr old?
    ann-margret-9542097-2-raw.jpg

Or another 76 yr old.
    a5b1bc13018f218a8c2faf14e171598f.jpg

And I'd be willing to wager their values are much closer to yours than Pelosis.

Socks with sandals : Yes or No? If No, what if they are Birkenstocks? Also, are Crocs shoes or sandals?

No. (Maybe if you're locked up)

Depends.
    These no.
    birkenstock-arizona-habana-oiled_800x.jpg

These it would be acceptable.
    2836943-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I forgot, crocs are neither. They are an abomination. (Of which I actually do have a pair. Their handy for the garden when it's muddy).

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    If actions speak louder than words, why are you so hung up on what he said? Didn't the DOJ announce within a day they were looking into civil rights violations for the driver?

If you have enough money for that much plastic surgery, I'm sure she could. But looks ain't everything. I'd rather wake up to a female Quasimodo (Quasimolly?) or a Elephant woman that had values a bit closer to mine than Pelosi. And that ain't no lie.

Back in the day she was attractive, now iffy at least imo?
    How about a 76 yr old?

Or another 76 yr old.

No. (Maybe if you're locked up)

Depends.
    These no.

These it would be acceptable.

Actually the acts of the AG were a welcomed sight. It really is amazing the difference in reaction to a number of things between people in Trumps' Administration and Trump himself. I don't think we've ever had such a difference between what a Presidents Administraion says and what the President himself says. Of course the problem with this is that the President has the final word and of course we have seen over the course of the last six months how different this can actually be,

By the way those shoes and sandals are disgusting.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Actually the acts of the AG were a welcomed sight. It really is amazing the difference in reaction to a number of things between people in Trumps' Administration and Trump himself. I don't think we've ever had such a difference between what a Presidents Administraion says and what the President himself says. Of course the problem with this is that the President has the final word and of course we have seen over the course of the last six months how different this can actually be,

Man you seem like such a hypocrite. If someone in Trump's administration wipes their ass wrong, Trump is an idiot and literally Hitler because of it. If one does something you like, well see you comment I quoted.

ETA. If the boss gets the blame for his underlings, he should also get the credit for them also.

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Man you seem like such a hypocrite. If someone in Trump's administration wipes their ass wrong, Trump is an idiot and literally Hitler because of it. If one does something you like, well see you comment I quoted.

ETA. If the boss gets the blame for his underlings, he should also get the credit for them also.

INGO's sense of irony must be on holiday. Who can blame it, really, it is summertime.

DD speaks of Trump exactly the way INGO spent the last eight years speaking about Obama.

Hitler. Bah. Trump is no Hitler. I'm getting pretty sick of all the Nazi and Hitler crap circulating now. It's way worse on liberal-leaning sites. There was a (formerly) pretty good atheist site I had to stop visiting, the Hitler/Nazi crap just got to be too much.

There is a meme circulating that states something to the effect of: "The left sees Nazis everywhere, the Right sees communists everywhere." The meme goes on to make some strained point, but I'll say this: there is the ring of truth to that first bit. A conversation like that doesn't leave much room for "Americans".

The baseless hyperbole got tuned up to 11 sometime during GW Bush's presidency, and nobody seems to want to turn it down anymore. It doesn't serve the conversation, and it doesn't serve the best interests of our society. My opinion, of course.

DD is a mirror. Look deeply, and be the change you want to see.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    INGO's sense of irony must be on holiday. Who can blame it, really, it is summertime.

DD speaks of Trump exactly the way INGO spent the last eight years speaking about Obama.

Hitler. Bah. Trump is no Hitler. I'm getting pretty sick of all the Nazi and Hitler crap circulating now. It's way worse on liberal-leaning sites. There was a (formerly) pretty good atheist site I had to stop visiting, the Hitler/Nazi crap just got to be too much.

There is a meme circulating that states something to the effect of: "The left sees Nazis everywhere, the Right sees communists everywhere." The meme goes on to make some strained point, but I'll say this: there is the ring of truth to that first bit. A conversation like that doesn't leave much room for "Americans".

The baseless hyperbole got tuned up to 11 sometime during GW Bush's presidency, and nobody seems to want to turn it down anymore. It doesn't serve the conversation, and it doesn't serve the best interests of our society. My opinion, of course.

Feel free to look over my last 8 yrs of posts, then get back to me and tell me that DD is my mirror. I will guarantee you will not find the same level of vitriol from me. Yes I did complain about some things he said, but didn't drone on about them for 20 (or more) posts. Here are a few of the things I found fault with Obama saying, "I don't know all the facts but the officers were wrong", "If I had a son...", " I know that many Americans have been deeply disturbed by the images we’ve seen in the heartland of our country as police have clashed with people protesting," (referring to the riots in Ferguson).

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Feel free to look over my last 8 yrs of posts, then get back to me and tell me that DD is my mirror. I will guarantee you will not find the same level of vitriol from me. Yes I did complain about some things he said, but didn't drone on about them for 20 (or more) posts. Here are a few of the things I found fault with Obama saying, "I don't know all the facts but the officers were wrong", "If I had a son...", " I know that many Americans have been deeply disturbed by the images we’ve seen in the heartland of our country as police have clashed with people protesting," (referring to the riots in Ferguson).

This^^^

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You won't get anywhere with that approach. The left believes that any criticism of Obama was based upon racism. It is unimaginable for anyone to oppose him for any other reason. After all he was a brilliant statesman, a powerful and gifted orator and the great uniter we've been looking for all these years. Only a racist could find fault with him. All attacks, even those based upon policy, are really rooted in racism.

Just stand back and hose it down with purple.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not see any sarcasm at all. For the last eight years thet is exactally what they pushed.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

Really?

This is a big part of the current problem with "the dialog". Re-read my post without the assumption that I'm somehow trying to attack or trick you.

Nuance. Our conversation has lost all sense of nuance. I mean this acutely, but also broadly.

My post wasn't meant to single you out. It wasn't meant to incite or insult. I'm sorry if it comes across that way.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Really?

This is a big part of the current problem with "the dialog". Re-read my post without the assumption that I'm somehow trying to attack or trick you.

Nuance. Our conversation has lost all sense of nuance. I mean this acutely, but also broadly.

My post wasn't meant to single you out. It wasn't meant to incite or insult. I'm sorry if it comes across that way.

You simply stated that the entire board was a bunch of hypocrites.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Oh I get what your saying. The problem as it turns out that doesn't happen to be reality in Trump's case. In fact he hardly agrees with his underlings in reality, in actions, or in words. Why is it his Administration had been going around the world saying one thing and then when Trump went around the world he said another? Day after day Trump has practically show this not to be the case. Hell that's why his communication had half the problem they had during his first six months. They rarely agreed on what he would say or mean. LOL

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Really?

Face it you tried but some missed it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom