• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    When I do commercial work I do not tell the tenants that I am working on the outside of the bldg.

But the OP is anti authority so I will give him as much credibility as I would my 6 year old.(with just a little bit of doubt)

I dont see how Im anti authority by what happened, the authority over the building lies with the owner. Period. Which guess what? They knew I was working there, they come over after it happened, and talked to me.
    I will try not to take your credibility statement as an attack since you do not know me well enough to judge me credibility.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I dont see how Im anti authority by what happened, the authority over the building lies with the owner. Period. Which guess what? They knew I was working there, they come over after it happened, and talked to me.
    I will try not to take your credibility statement as an attack since you do not know me well enough to judge me credibility.

I have read enough of your post to know your general stance.

Attack...LOL your taking this whole interweb thing too seriously.

I will give you a +1 for carrying while you work, I cant get my tool belt to cooperate with my handgun.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I strongly disagree. When YOU are the one paying the OP to do his job then maybe you will realize that is a WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. Alot, of "5 minute" conversations add up quick. Plus, 5 minutes sometimes turns to 10 and 10 into 15. Then you have some "dumbass" looking over your shoulder asking questions while you are trying to WORK.

I fully understand what you are saying, and have no problem with someone having an employee do something different for them, than they would if they were working for me.

But if he worked for me, and I am paying him to either take 5 minutes to try to comunicate or spend, I am guessing a good 30 minutes to an hour wasting time on my payroll with LEO's, I'll gladly pay him for 5 minutes to attempt to notify any employee inside. Then if the same situation occurred, "I" as his employer would rain HOLY HELL down on somebody for what happened.

ESPECIALLY at a check cashing business, which he stated he didn't even know what type of business he was at. I can't even imagine sending an employee to a place they didn't know what it was to do work?

But thats just the way I roll. :D

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    What's the difference? A criminal couldn't pose as a Landscaper with a weedeater...??

They might, but at what point, after checking ID, checking for warrants, making sure the gun isn't stolen, running license plates, etc. is the encounter over? At what point do you say "OK, this guy checks out, he's OK." Apparently never if the response to finding nothing is to then unload the citizen's magazines and place the rounds on a dumpster and order them not to re-arm while you leave the area. Come on! Where's the handshake? How about "Sorry buddy, we had to check you out, thanks for being cool with us?"

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    They might, but at what point, after checking ID, checking for warrants, making sure the gun isn't stolen, running license plates, etc. is the encounter over? At what point do you say "OK, this guy checks out, he's OK." Apparently never if the response to finding nothing is to then unload the citizen's magazines and place the rounds on a dumpster and order them not to re-arm while you leave the area. Come on! Where's the handshake? How about "Sorry buddy, we had to check you out, thanks for being cool with us?"

Cop-basher.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN

That's what I'm saying Eddie....EVERYONE is seen as a criminal FIRST.

What if the guy next door ordered pizza? It could be a criminal just casing the place...better call the cops!

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I agree !!!
    Tried to rep ya gotta spread it around :dunno:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

You don't understand. IndyMonkey knows EVERYBODY like he knows his little midget.

:laugh:

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    When I do commercial work I do not tell the tenants that I am working on the outside of the bldg.

But the OP is anti authority so I will give him as much credibility as I would my 6 year old.(with just a little bit of doubt)

Where do you come off saying that the OP is anti-authority? I took that everything was fine until that authority OVERSTEPPED THEIR AUTHORITY. Sounds to me like you should be given the credibility of a 6 year old with that kind of attitude. Or are you a LEO that should be bowed before like the NoBama-turd?

INGunGuy

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Where do you come off saying that the OP is anti-authority? I took that everything was fine until that authority OVERSTEPPED THEIR AUTHORITY. Sounds to me like you should be given the credibility of a 6 year old with that kind of attitude. Or are you a LEO that should be bowed before like the NoBama-turd?

INGunGuy
    NEWB!

He came off a roof.......duh

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

INGunGuy

If you would have read the OP's past post you would comprehend what I was saying, now go search his old post.
    :D

Im a dope smoking roofer, pretty much the opposite end of the spectrum.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

Or are you upset that the Police Officers automatically didn't believe that you were a "good guy" because you produced a piece of paper with a name on it that said that person could legally carry a handgun.
    snip.

I was hesitant to respond, given the inevitable tone of the rest of the thread and not wishing to be lumped with those who truly hate cops. But, yes, that is what I find upsetting about the story, since it was a direct and willful violation of the law, as affirmed by the Indiana Supreme Court. Once the LTCH was produced, all activity regarding the firearm is required to cease. The seizure of private property was willfully illegal, and that is not tolerable. I can understand why police may not like the law, but they do not get to ignore laws they do not like any more than the rest of us can. If I were to behave in such a fashion, I would not have an LTCH, since I strongly feel the requirement to obtain one is a violation of both the US and Indiana Constitutions. Yet, the law is what it is, and I obey it, despite the fact that poll tax required is a burden to my family. If cops will not police themselves and comply with the Indiana Supreme Court's ruling, and take to task other officers when they do not, it is inevitable that sooner or later an officer will deservedly face criminal and civil complaints for their choice to break the law. We are free citizens, we are not subjects, and police must bear that in mind, even though it may sometimes place them at greater risk.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Like I said. They were just making sure. SOME people can create fraud paperwork, ID, documentation.....
    They were called out for a robbery in process. It would have looked pretty bad if they show up, talk to the guy, look at HIS so called documentation. And then don't check it out, just went by his "word". Then the cops leave. 20 minutes later, the place is robbed.

That would have really sucked, ya know?

If the state is so worried that their documentation is insecure and easily forged, perhaps they should issue something a little more secure, not continue to illegaly detain citizens, and illegally seize property. Issuing nothing more than a little pink piece of paper tells me they must not truly be all that concerned about it.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Well how about this then. My buddy has his CCW for Kentucky and carries semi-regularly. He was pulled over and when the officer asked him for his license, he pulled out his wallet, and while getting his drivers license, the officer sees his CCW and IMMEDIATELY pulled his own gun, told my buddy to put his hands on the steering wheel and not to move or he would "shoot him in the head" the LEO then proceeded to pull my buddy out of his car using a felony stop procedures, he was handcuffed, and placed in the back of the police car. At that time his car was RANSACKED by the officer looking for a gun. He then came back and asked my buddy if there was a gun in the car to which he replied there was not. The officer then went back to searching my buddies car while as he said 3 or 4 more police cars came to the scene. My friend was made to wait handcuffed in the back seat of a police car for ALMOST and hour while he is illegally detained and his car is illegally searched. The officer then came back and read some bullcrap about officer safety, yadda, yadda, yadda. Then told my friend he was required to notify the police that he had a CCW. He had done NOTHING wrong except for speed. The officer only saw the CCW in his wallet and my freaked out causing my friend all kinds of grief. My friend was eventually released, GIVEN THE DAMN TICKET, and sent on his way. He said that they tore the entire insides of his car upside down during their illegal search. Should they have put stuff away in his car, you bet, should this have happened the way it did? Hell No, this was wrong, and all the officer involved from what I understand got verbal and written reprimands for their actions. He was going to sue the local police department, but is good friends with the Chief of the agency, and as a PERSONAL favor for the chief he did not sue, but the chief made sure the officers involved were written up. I think the one that pulled him out got a 7 day unpaid rip.

But I guess it should be ok to do these kinds of things to law abiding citizens.

INGunGuy

Top Bottom