• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    If the state is so worried that their documentation is insecure and easily forged, perhaps they should issue something a little more secure, not continue to illegaly detain citizens, and illegally seize property. Issuing nothing more than a little pink piece of paper tells me they must not truly be all that concerned about it.

And again, why unload the mags? Am I the only one who finds that potentially revealing as to attitude? He checked out, they knew who he was. They didn't just remove the magazine and the round in the chamber, which could be defended on a stretch. When they unloaded the magazines did they not reveal the attitude that perhaps drove more than just that one act?

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    And again, why unload the mags? Am I the only one who finds that potentially revealing as to attitude? He checked out, they knew who he was. They didn't just remove the magazine and the round in the chamber, which could be defended on a stretch. When they unloaded the magazines did they not reveal the attitude that perhaps drove more than just that one act?

They should have just completely diassembled the weapon and removed the firing pin.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Well how about this then. My buddy has his CCW for Kentucky and carries semi-regularly. He was pulled over and when the officer asked him for his license, he pulled out his wallet, and while getting his drivers license, the officer sees his CCW and IMMEDIATELY pulled his own gun, told my buddy to put his hands on the steering wheel and not to move or he would "shoot him in the head" the LEO then proceeded to pull my buddy out of his car using a felony stop procedures, he was handcuffed, and placed in the back of the police car. At that time his car was RANSACKED by the officer looking for a gun. He then came back and asked my buddy if there was a gun in the car to which he replied there was not. The officer then went back to searching my buddies car while as he said 3 or 4 more police cars came to the scene. My friend was made to wait handcuffed in the back seat of a police car for ALMOST and hour while he is illegally detained and his car is illegally searched. The officer then came back and read some bullcrap about officer safety, yadda, yadda, yadda. Then told my friend he was required to notify the police that he had a CCW. He had done NOTHING wrong except for speed. The officer only saw the CCW in his wallet and my freaked out causing my friend all kinds of grief. My friend was eventually released, GIVEN THE DAMN TICKET, and sent on his way. He said that they tore the entire insides of his car upside down during their illegal search. Should they have put stuff away in his car, you bet, should this have happened the way it did? Hell No, this was wrong, and all the officer involved from what I understand got verbal and written reprimands for their actions. He was going to sue the local police department, but is good friends with the Chief of the agency, and as a PERSONAL favor for the chief he did not sue, but the chief made sure the officers involved were written up. I think the one that pulled him out got a 7 day unpaid rip.

But I guess it should be ok to do these kinds of things to law abiding citizens.

INGunGuy

1. The cops safety is first and only they get to decide that.
    2. Their judgment trumps everything else.
    3. If this was a mistake, it's a fluke and almost never happens to anyone else.
    4. This never happens, 'cause cops don't really do that. It's urban legend.
    5. Your friend must have done something bad you're not telling about.
    6. I think this encounter went pretty well.
    7. You're just a cop basher.

Did I cover everything?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    They should have just completely diassembled the weapon and removed the firing pin.

Why stop there? He might pursue them in the van; flatten the tires. He might run after them on foot; make him take his shoes and socks off. Why not tie him up, not too tight, but enough that it would take him several minutes to untie himself. What does it take to ensure their safety?

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Well how about this then. My buddy has his CCW for Kentucky and carries semi-regularly. He was pulled over and when the officer asked him for his license, he pulled out his wallet, and while getting his drivers license, the officer sees his CCW and IMMEDIATELY pulled his own gun, told my buddy to put his hands on the steering wheel and not to move or he would "shoot him in the head" the LEO then proceeded to pull my buddy out of his car using a felony stop procedures, he was handcuffed, and placed in the back of the police car. At that time his car was RANSACKED by the officer looking for a gun. He then came back and asked my buddy if there was a gun in the car to which he replied there was not. The officer then went back to searching my buddies car while as he said 3 or 4 more police cars came to the scene. My friend was made to wait handcuffed in the back seat of a police car for ALMOST and hour while he is illegally detained and his car is illegally searched. The officer then came back and read some bullcrap about officer safety, yadda, yadda, yadda. Then told my friend he was required to notify the police that he had a CCW. He had done NOTHING wrong except for speed. The officer only saw the CCW in his wallet and my freaked out causing my friend all kinds of grief. My friend was eventually released, GIVEN THE DAMN TICKET, and sent on his way. He said that they tore the entire insides of his car upside down during their illegal search. Should they have put stuff away in his car, you bet, should this have happened the way it did? Hell No, this was wrong, and all the officer involved from what I understand got verbal and written reprimands for their actions. He was going to sue the local police department, but is good friends with the Chief of the agency, and as a PERSONAL favor for the chief he did not sue, but the chief made sure the officers involved were written up. I think the one that pulled him out got a 7 day unpaid rip.

But I guess it should be ok to do these kinds of things to law abiding citizens.

INGunGuy
    how about a HOT AIR balloon ride for you little buddy, would you like that?

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN

Did I cover everything?

8. Why did it matter? Did you have something to hide?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Why stop there? He might pursue them in the van; flatten the tires. He might run after them on foot; make him take his shoes and socks off. Why not tie him up, not too tight, but enough that it would take him several minutes to untie himself. What does it take to ensure their safety?

If it saved only one life, wouldn't it be worth it?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I'm with dross on this one, Why unload his mags?, makes no sense to me

To the OP could you tell it was a LEO when he poked his head and gun out of the door?

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana

Did I cover everything?

1. BULL****, that is nothing more than a cop-out. My buddy wasnt even carrying only the SIGHT of a CCW license caused the officer to over-react.

2. Judgement? I thought that was for the courts to decide.
    3. Read MANY MANY times people get stopped and sometimes proned out here on INGO.
    4. Please take your head out of the sand.
    5. Yea he was doing 67 in a 55, lets call out the SWAT team to deal with such a criminal.
    6. This encounter went about as BAD as one could have had. Do you wanna sit for an hour in handcuffs in the back of a squad car while your vehicle is ransacked?
    7. I'm a cop basher, I think that most of the times the discussion turns to LEO, I am the first to say that I appreciate all the hard work they do and to stay safe out there.

You sir have no idea as to what you are talking about.

INGunGuy

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    If it saved only one life, wouldn't it be worth it?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and another resounding NO. I hate to say it but that is the problem, trump this persons rights because it may offend someone else. Or lets arrest him or her because well they MAY commit a crime, because one life saved is worth it. Come on, maybe I am being thick headed tonight, but it sounds to me like we have a bunch of bleeding heart liberals talking crap.

INGunGuy

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    1. BULL****, that is nothing more than a cop-out. My buddy wasnt even carrying only the SIGHT of a CCW license caused the officer to over-react.

2. Judgement? I thought that was for the courts to decide.
    3. Read MANY MANY times people get stopped and sometimes proned out here on INGO.
    4. Please take your head out of the sand.
    5. Yea he was doing 67 in a 55, lets call out the SWAT team to deal with such a criminal.
    6. This encounter went about as BAD as one could have had. Do you wanna sit for an hour in handcuffs in the back of a squad car while your vehicle is ransacked?
    7. I'm a cop basher, I think that most of the times the discussion turns to LEO, I am the first to say that I appreciate all the hard work they do and to stay safe out there.

You sir have no idea as to what you are talking about.

INGunGuy
    I'm pretty sure he 'was' on your side!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Either it's attitude or they are such abject cowards the 1,000,000 to 1 possibility of something possibly happening made them do it.

I say that because I was once stopped down in S. Florida one county out of the county I was a Fire Fighter in. Officer initially pulled me out of the car because I handed him my CWL (thats what it is in FLA) and said I was carrying.

Anyway, when he took the USP off of me he asked if it was my duty weapon (guess most people he stops don't carry quality firearms in a real holster). I replied that while I did work for the adjacent county, I was a FF not a LEO.

He checked my county ID (by this time another deputy pulls up) and we BS and he lets me go with a verbal warning, which was really cool since I was doing 60 in a 35 (rural back roads, limit just dropped from 55 to 45 to 35 in 1 mile).

After all that, they have the nerve to hand me the empty gun and the loose bullets and magazine to my fiancee in the passenger seat. :dunno:

What sort of paranoid freak would go so far as to unload a magazine of a neighboring county employee who he completely let off? :dunno:

The more I interacted with LEOs and hung out with them the more I came to realize how absolutely scared $%^&less and paranoid most of them are.

So... were the cops showing blatant disregard to the OP and giving him a virtual middle finger? or were they just spineless cowards suffering from severe paranoid delusions? Maybe both?

In any event, Sons Of Liberty, file a formal complaint and raise heck... at a minimum.

The Indiana Courts recently ruled that once a LTCH is produced all inquires and searches related to firearms must stop immediately, excluding extenuating circumstances.

Will the jack boots who hassled you try and claim the robbery call from 2 doors down was "extenuating?" Probably, but it's hard to rob a check and go with a power screw/drill driver when you are 2 doors down and fixing a light.

I'd look into contacting the States Atty's office and also filing a complaint/inquiry with them as well. Cite the two recent cases, washington v Indiana and the other one that slips my mind at the moment.

Top Bottom