• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    1. BULL****, that is nothing more than a cop-out. My buddy wasnt even carrying only the SIGHT of a CCW license caused the officer to over-react.

2. Judgement? I thought that was for the courts to decide.
    3. Read MANY MANY times people get stopped and sometimes proned out here on INGO.
    4. Please take your head out of the sand.
    5. Yea he was doing 67 in a 55, lets call out the SWAT team to deal with such a criminal.
    6. This encounter went about as BAD as one could have had. Do you wanna sit for an hour in handcuffs in the back of a squad car while your vehicle is ransacked?
    7. I'm a cop basher, I think that most of the times the discussion turns to LEO, I am the first to say that I appreciate all the hard work they do and to stay safe out there.

You sir have no idea as to what you are talking about.

INGunGuy

:rofl::lol2: ...The sarcasm was on......;)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    And again, why unload the mags? Am I the only one who finds that potentially revealing as to attitude? He checked out, they knew who he was. They didn't just remove the magazine and the round in the chamber, which could be defended on a stretch. When they unloaded the magazines did they not reveal the attitude that perhaps drove more than just that one act?

Unloading the mags was an insulting gesture, basically the officer gave a citizen the finger instead of behaving like a professional. Eddie has already addressed how the officer SHOULD have ended the interaction. A proferred handshake, an apology, and a brief explanation. This will actually sooth most folks, because most folks WANT the cops to check out suspicious circumstances, even if they turn out to be nothing. It's what we pay them for. Given the OPs other posts about the police, maybe this would have satisfied him, maybe not. However, I see the emptying of the mags as just one part of the problem, namely the officer's decision to behave in a criminal fashion by illegally seizing private property and a citizen on a call that should have been ended in a matter of minutes. I'm not anti-cop, but police are instruments of government force, and free citizens must keep them in check when they exceed the bounds our society has laid out for them. You cannot do this by remaining silent.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I'm pretty sure he 'was' on your side!

Maybe, I dont know... This is a subject that really fires me up... So if I have taken any of the responses out of context, I am sorry. But this is something that I really hope the OP follows up on with the Chief of Police, Mayor of the city, every city council member, Local elected officials and federal elected officials.

I still ask the question of all LEO's when did ALL the common citizens become suspects before citizens?

INGunGuy

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    if it takes 10 cops to handle one guy armed with a ladder maybe things are more dangerous than i thought. im a nervous wreck now im not leaving my house. if it takes that many of those tuff cops to be safe out there i wouldnt have a chance.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    A) It was the owner's responsibility to let tenants/renters know about any maintenance being done.

B) What's wrong with a healthy little dose of "Anti-authority"?

C) what would be a good reason to unload mags if they're being handed right back anyhow?

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Maybe, I dont know... This is a subject that really fires me up... So if I have taken any of the responses out of context, I am sorry. But this is something that I really hope the OP follows up on with the Chief of Police, Mayor of the city, every city council member, Local elected officials and federal elected officials.

I still ask the question of all LEO's when did ALL the common citizens become suspects before citizens?

INGunGuy
    don't be sorry for your beliefs, just lighten up a tad bit.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    BTW... I wonder if the officer's actions, and the OPs subsequent decision to report them to a fair number of fellow citizens, now means other police officers will be dealing with armed citizens without knowing it? Surely, the OP has learned not to volunteer information to the police. I know most cops would like to know the person they are talking to is armed, if only to prevent unpleasant surprises. Yet, how are we to feel safe behaving in a courteous fashion toward an officer if we are then going to be punished for our attempt to behave in a mannerly fashion?

I suppose it's important to note that I'm assuming the OP didn't inform the officer by screaming something like "MY GUN'S BIGGER, WANNA SEE??!!" :D

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and another resounding NO. I hate to say it but that is the problem, trump this persons rights because it may offend someone else. Or lets arrest him or her because well they MAY commit a crime, because one life saved is worth it. Come on, maybe I am being thick headed tonight, but it sounds to me like we have a bunch of bleeding heart liberals talking crap.

INGunGuy

Dude, I'm totally for everyone living in the chains of slavery if only one life can be saved. (pretend I used purple)

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I fully understand what you are saying, and have no problem with someone having an employee do something different for them, than they would if they were working for me.

But if he worked for me, and I am paying him to either take 5 minutes to try to comunicate or spend, I am guessing a good 30 minutes to an hour wasting time on my payroll with LEO's, I'll gladly pay him for 5 minutes to attempt to notify any employee inside. Then if the same situation occurred, "I" as his employer would rain HOLY HELL down on somebody for what happened.

ESPECIALLY at a check cashing business, which he stated he didn't even know what type of business he was at. I can't even imagine sending an employee to a place they didn't know what it was to do work?

But thats just the way I roll. :D
    Sorry, I know what point you're trying to make, but I believe it's naive.
    My boss bills my time out at $92 an hour. On average I'll bet it takes me at least 15 minutes to track down a manager and let them know what I'm doing in their store. So if it takes only 10 minutes per store to let them know I'll be on the roof or whatever, times that by 12 or stores and you got over 2 hours of my day spent talking to people.
    Now even if you said no problem I'll pay the $200 extra to prevent a possible misunderstanding I'll add another issue. The two hours spent running in and out of stores could likely prevent me from getting my work done in a day depending on what work I'm doing. Now you're paying extra for me to come back the next day, paying extra for setup and tear down what could have been done in one trip. And if I've come back a second day, I'd probably better go back through and let all the stores know again that I'm on the outside of the building, because it may be a different manager on day two.
    You might see the above as overblown, but really not so much. If I'm going in and out of businesses, of course I check in with the managers, but if I on the outside only I simply don't have enough time in the day to deal with hyper sensitive individuals. Some days I have two business strips to do in a day I simply couldn't get it all done as half of my day would be spent tracking down managers.
    The likely hood that some employee will over react is slim enough to make the time drain unwarranted, but in the unlikely event an owner feels one of his tenants is extra sensitive to security perhaps they should email or call that manager ahead of me arriving on the scene. It would be faster and cheaper. :dunno:

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Sorry, I know what point you're trying to make, but I believe it's naive.
    My boss bills my time out at $92 an hour. On average I'll bet it takes me at least 15 minutes to track down a manager and let them know what I'm doing in their store. So if it takes only 10 minutes per store to let them know I'll be on the roof or whatever, times that by 12 or stores and you got over 2 hours of my day spent talking to people.
    Now even if you said no problem I'll pay the $200 extra to prevent a possible misunderstanding I'll add another issue. The two hours spent running in and out of stores could likely prevent me from getting my work done in a day depending on what work I'm doing. Now you're paying extra for me to come back the next day, paying extra for setup and tear down what could have been done in one trip. And if I've come back a second day, I'd probably better go back through and let all the stores know again that I'm on the outside of the building, because it may be a different manager on day two.
    You might see the above as overblown, but really not so much. If I'm going in and out of businesses, of course I check in with the managers, but if I on the outside only I simply don't have enough time in the day to deal with hyper sensitive individuals. Some days I have two business strips to do in a day I simply couldn't get it all done as half of my day would be spent tracking down managers.
    The likely hood that some employee will over react is slim enough to make the time drain unwarranted, but in the unlikely event an owner feels one of his tenants is extra sensitive to security perhaps they should email or call that manager ahead of me arriving on the scene. It would be faster and cheaper. :dunno:

Sorry you seem to be (*) just because we see it differently?

Butt, here is the real naivety, if "I" am your boss and I am billing your time at $92 bucks an hour, and it takes you a whopping 15 minutes to communicate with somebody there that has a portion of a brain, that you are there to do work.......guess what, "I" bill them the $23 bucks for the 1/4 hour for your time searching for that person with a brain, if it is a 1/2 hour, well you guessed it's $46 bucks and so on.

Now compare that with the UN-BILLABLE time you've spent chatting unnecessarily with the not so polite LEO's.

Just makes sense to me.

Also then, you don't have to worry about staring at the bad end of several loaded Glocks pointed in your direction.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    So this story goes hand and hand with the "pulled over" thread.

Today after lunch I was working at stop 11 and madison at the shopping center on the southeast corner. I was repairing the wall packs (outside lights on the wall), when I was working on this particular light I sat my ladder against the door, after a few minutes of work I climb down as I get down I see the door open and a face kinda pop out, gun pointed, and say
    "back up", "back up" so I do he comes out and ask "is anyone else here?" I say "no". He ask do I know what building this is, I say "no". He says it's check into cash, and ask to see my id. As he is looking at my id he ask if I have any weapons. I say yes, and hand him my permit, instantly things change. I go from a citizen to a criminal, by this time the rest of the posse shows up.
    He makes me put my hands on my head, while he holds me there, and removes my gun and tells me not to move. Then he begins to search and frisk me. He and company then have me sit on the stoop while they run my drivers license and LTCH and check to see if my gun was stolen.

I tell them that I feel like my rights are being violated since I was disarmed even though I produced my permit. And one cop says " it's for our safety and yours, that way every one goes home".
    Twenty minutes more of criminal confinment, and they finally get the ok they take my clips and unload them both, take my license, LTCH, and my gun plus rounds and set them on top of a dumpster next to us and tell me that after they leave I can put everything back.

I was so freaking pissed that I screwed up everything I touched the rest of the day.

Turns out one of the girls in the check into cash heard the drill, which only ran for ten seconds and called the cops saying they were being robbed. So I had a gun pointed at me, because she thought she was getting robbed and first cop on the scene said there where ten squad cars coming for me. This was confimed by the five cops in the back of the store and the five or more my partner saw at the front.

In the end I feel like my rights were violated, since my permit meant nothing to them and I was disarmed and treated just like any other criminal on the street.

So what is the point in being a law abiding citizen if you are going to get treated like a crook. Also like I said what about my safety I dont know those cops and here I am surronding by them and their glocks, with nothing of my own.

Why are they better than us, and why is their lives more important than ours.

:xmad:

So, someone called in a burglary, you had a gun and were right outside the rear of the building where the burglary supposedly occurred, you showed them a carry permit (which doesn't mean you didn't rob anyone, it just means you have a carry permit), they unloaded your firearm, then ran you and gave all your stuff back.

So what? :nopity:

...and I didn't read any farther than the first post, as I'm sure this descended quickly into a cop bashathon by a bunch of internet tough guys.

Top Bottom