• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I call BS on this. I don't know the OP but I imagine his work in like mine in that I work on business strips all the time. I'm hired by the Owner of the complex to be there. If I had to go into each business and track down the manager just to let them know that I might be making some noise out back I wouldn't get any work done. We're not talking about running a jack hammer or bringing in heavy equipment. I may be on the roof or what not and I don't tell anyone inside. If I come into a business to do work, of course I track down the manager.

Yep. :+1:

It was a shopping complex. He was hired by the OWNER of the complex, not by the RENTER.

If he had to stop in and tell every single manager what was going on then he wouldn't get things done. In turn costing the owner more money and raising their rent.

Landscapers don't go door to door when they mow a complex with mulitple stores. It's just not logical.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Sorry you had the trouble !
    were your rights violated ? YES !!
    Do you really have any "rights" ? NO !!!!
    just be glad it happened at work & not at your home, you woulda really felt violated !!
    I love Cops !!!

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Did the police actually talk to the person who made the call? Did they ask if someone was actually robbing the place or why she thought it was being robbed?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Did the police actually talk to the person who made the call? Did they ask if someone was actually robbing the place or why she thought it was being robbed?

This is a very good point. If all she heard was a drill then the most that she could factually report would be hearing a strange noise. Once the officer arrived and found a repairman making an obvious repair then there isn't that much to investigate.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I call BS on this. I don't know the OP but I imagine his work in like mine in that I work on business strips all the time. I'm hired by the Owner of the complex to be there. If I had to go into each business and track down the manager just to let them know that I might be making some noise out back I wouldn't get any work done. We're not talking about running a jack hammer or bringing in heavy equipment. I may be on the roof or what not and I don't tell anyone inside. If I come into a business to do work, of course I track down the manager.

If you are too busy too protect yourself from unwanted/warranted LEO scrutiny, then you should not whine on a public forum, when 5 minutes of your time would "likely" have prevented it.

No body is responsible for you, besides you!
    If it takes to much time to notify somebody inside, then the consequences are all yours.

Which would have taken the most time, your method, or a quick polite, "HEY DUMBASS I'M WORKING OUT HERE DON'T CALL THE FRIGIN' COPS" ;)

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have no idea why they unloaded his mags, but to be honest with you I'm really not sure where that takes on the importance that you are giving it. :dunno:

Because I don't automatically extend the same presumption of good faith towards LEOs that you do. I find that a percentage of them overextend their power. As a citizen when it happens to me, I find it extremely distressing.

I can understand everything they did, but the fact they unloaded his mags after they found he was clear seems to me like an "in your face" kind of thing, that to me shines a poor light on all their other actions for which I'm extending the benefit of the doubt.

I don't take well to even small humiliations. I've never met a cop who wasn't even touchier than I am about those small humiliations.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    If you are too busy too protect yourself from unwanted/warranted LEO scrutiny, then you should not whine on a public forum, when 5 minutes of your time would "likely" have prevented it.

No body is responsible for you, besides you!
    If it takes to much time to notify somebody inside, then the consequences are all yours.

Which would have taken the most time, your method, or a quick polite, "HEY DUMBASS I'M WORKING OUT HERE DON'T CALL THE FRIGIN' COPS" ;)

I strongly disagree. When YOU are the one paying the OP to do his job then maybe you will realize that is a WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. Alot, of "5 minute" conversations add up quick. Plus, 5 minutes sometimes turns to 10 and 10 into 15. Then you have some "dumbass" looking over your shoulder asking questions while you are trying to WORK.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    When I do commercial work I do not tell the tenants that I am working on the outside of the bldg.

But the OP is anti authority so I will give him as much credibility as I would my 6 year old.(with just a little bit of doubt)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I strongly disagree. When YOU are the one paying the OP to do his job then maybe you will realize that is a WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. Alot, of "5 minute" conversations add up quick. Plus, 5 minutes sometimes turns to 10 and 10 into 15.

I agree. I mow a few strip mall type shops in Evansville. 5 to 6 businesses in each. If I had to walk into each one and notify them I was there it would be a huge hassle and waste of my time. The cops should have had him cleared in 5 minutes once they called in his LTCH and ID.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    When I do commercial work I do not tell the tenants that I am working on the outside of the bldg.

But the OP is anti authority so I will give him as much credibility as I would my 6 year old.(with just a little bit of doubt)
    LOL, I did not expect anything less than that from you!

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I agree. I mow a few strip mall type shops in Evansville. 5 to 6 businesses in each. If I had to walk into each one and notify them I was there it would be a huge hassle and waste of my time. The cops should have had him cleared in 5 minutes once they called in his LTCH and ID.
    C'mon man, you are mowing, not drilling into or on the side of a building that deals with shady ppl all day long!

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009

:+1: I do the work for the person they pay rent to.
    I see that most of you are ignoring my post which answers most of your questions.

I have previously worked on the same lights many times during the year. Routine maintance. And for the last time there was no hammer drilling yet, i said that I hadn't made it to that point yet. So I can only assume she heard me taking out the screws but I don't see how should could have thought that I was drilling into the door for a two secs.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Because I don't automatically extend the same presumption of good faith towards LEOs that you do. I find that a percentage of them overextend their power. As a citizen when it happens to me, I find it extremely distressing.

I can understand everything they did, but the fact they unloaded his mags after they found he was clear seems to me like an "in your face" kind of thing, that to me shines a poor light on all their other actions for which I'm extending the benefit of the doubt.

I don't take well to even small humiliations. I've never met a cop who wasn't even touchier than I am about those small humiliations.

Same here, well put boss, I mean dross

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

What, are you CRAZY!!!!!

Why then, don't complain the next time you're surrounded by 100 cops with their guns drawn if you're going to engage in such irresponsible, crazy, batty behavior. My gosh, how risky can one man be!!!!?

Top Bottom