• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    By the OP
    You can legally carry in MOST public places, but not all. Learn them.
    A private business may/can/will ask you to leave. It is their right.
    If you do not, it becomes trespassing.
    Even if you CC, someone may notice.
    if the mall's policy allows you to carry, the plastic badge was wrong.
    If the mall's policy forbids you to carry, the plastic badge was correct.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    By the OP
    You can legally carry in MOST public places, but not all. Learn them.
    A private business may/can/will ask you to leave. It is their right.
    If you do not, it becomes trespassing.
    Even if you CC, someone may notice.
    if the mall's policy allows you to carry, the plastic badge was wrong.
    If the mall's policy forbids you to carry, the plastic badge was correct.
    Kinda... He was correct in saying that you cannot carry in a Simon Property mall... He was incorrect in saying that you cannot carry in a public place, especially in a mall.. That is nowhere in the IC.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I sure am getting a lot of positive Rep comments today. I must have done something right...... :)

th_bs_flag.gif

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    OP, you did OK.

*********minor rant follows********

After reading through all 13 pages (so far), I realize again why I don't participate on INGO very much any more; there are a lot of whiny, hateful people here now.

Why do ya'll beat up on each other when there are plenty of anti-gunners who deserve your wrath much more.

Some of you make me ashamed to be part of this "community".

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I sure am getting a lot of positive Rep comments today. I must have done something right...... :)

Sure, whatever.

Care to answer the question so many have asked ??? WE who ????

IF you are associated with simon properties, then the usage of the word "we" in the context of your posting is legitimate. However, IF you are a law enforcement officer, than I have to say that you are a pretty **** poor example of one. Again IF you are a LEO you are paid to enforce the law as written, NOT impose your opinion of it on others.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ted, your posts in the various forums are consistently non-productive. While there may be a handful who come here to read such contrarian nonsense, I assure you the majority do not. Maybe you could find something else with which to occupy your time?

Simon Mall security officers are not armed. Even if they were, they would be so with the approval of the property owner. We want LEO's, and properly trained security, to carry openly in shopping malls. There is a reason for them to do so. We don't want civilians doing so. Learn the difference, Ted. At any given time, there are likely 100 or more civilians carrying concealed in Circle Center Mall and that's exactly how we want it.

:laugh::lol2::laugh6::lmfao::rolleyes:

edited: looks like he finally earned himself the ban hammer.

Well, bye.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield

There he goes trying to stir up controversy again...

It was probably people that missed the "report" button.

To others: It is a fine line to walk to prove ones intentions without supernatural powers and therefore enforcement has to be with a mindset of assuming the best....He could also be stating that he has received support from people who agree with him but don't want to subject themselves to ridicule and post it openly. :dunno:

To Jake: It would be less pot stirring and troll like to actually speak to your intentions like "apparently I'm not the only one that feels this way, I've had several people rep me and communicate their support." You could even forward some comments (anonymously of course) so it would be at least possible for some people to dream up reason why your post is contributing to the conversation. Your comment as quoted above doesn't seem to have a non-pot stirring purpose that I can gather.?.

Top Bottom