• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    At least you're aware. Thank you.

We are. And we are probably more aware due to some helpful reported posts (we really do read and track them).

Removing someone from the site for displaying behavior that could be defined as trolling is one of the more difficult areas we deal in. We sometimes err on the side of caution for fear of being too harsh and coming down on someone simply for a difference of opinion. We want people to feel like they can share their opinions here regardless of what they are, as long as they can do it in a manner that is courteous to others.

If we establish a pattern of trolling behavior we will all discuss it and act on it when we feel it is appropriate.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Ted, your posts in the various forums are consistently non-productive. While there may be a handful who come here to read such contrarian nonsense, I assure you the majority do not. Maybe you could find something else with which to occupy your time?

Simon Mall security officers are not armed. Even if they were, they would be so with the approval of the property owner. We want LEO's, and properly trained security, to carry openly in shopping malls. There is a reason for them to do so. We don't want civilians doing so. Learn the difference, Ted. At any given time, there are likely 100 or more civilians carrying concealed in Circle Center Mall and that's exactly how we want it.

Did you miss the part in which I placed the :rolleyes: at the end of the sentence? Must I take the time to place the text in purple, or can you not just accept the text as intended.

Its nice to know that you can speak for a majority of INGO, despite the stupid crap that I've seen posted by you.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    We are. And we are probably more aware due to some helpful reported posts (we really do read and track them).

Removing someone from the site for displaying behavior that could be defined as trolling is one of the more difficult areas we deal in. We sometimes err on the side of caution for fear of being too harsh and coming down on someone simply for a difference of opinion. We want people to feel like they can share their opinions here regardless of what they are, as long as they can do it in a manner that is courteous to others.

If we establish a pattern of trolling behavior we will all discuss it and act on it when we feel it is appropriate.

Oh Crap! They really ARE on to me!

:tinfoil:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You don't count. Robocops aren't technically human anymore. :):

robocop_unicorn_2.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Two thoughts for you.

1. There is no excuse for open carry in a mall. None.

2. Circle Center recently installed a credit card reader in one exit lane of all garages. In the one attached to the Convention Center, it's the one on the far right to exit onto Georgia St.

No excuse?
    Then I guess the law means nothing to you.
    And there is no excuse for the squirt gun you have in your house.
    I mean really. You're going to scare the kids.
    There's no excuse.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    And there are plenty who are happy to call him that in a public thread, even though name-calling is specifically against the rules and is a much more cut-and-dried issue. Should the mods ban them, too? By my count, half the posters in this thread should be banned already.

I very much disagree with banning someone simply for having an unpopular opinion.

But there's a pretty clear one against name-calling, so please be more careful.

:mods:

In response to Rookie's assertion, this pretty much sums it up. Its not that we don't look at such reported posts, but the area of "trolling" is one of the most vague we deal with.

As someone who has r'cvd an Infraction for calling someone a "Troll", I can personally attest to INGOs position on the matter.

:D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ted, your posts in the various forums are consistently non-productive. While there may be a handful who come here to read such contrarian nonsense, I assure you the majority do not. Maybe you could find something else with which to occupy your time?

Simon Mall security officers are not armed. Even if they were, they would be so with the approval of the property owner. We want LEO's, and properly trained security, to carry openly in shopping malls. There is a reason for them to do so. We don't want civilians doing so. Learn the difference, Ted. At any given time, there are likely 100 or more civilians carrying concealed in Circle Center Mall and that's exactly how we want it.

Ted's post are "consistantly non-productice"
    You mean by using arguements and logic?
    I don't think I've agreed with Ted on everything, but he backs his stuff up.
    More than I can say for you.

And who is this "we"?
    Are you preggers?

100 or more CCing. The nerve of them. I quote you, "THERE IS NO EXCUSE".
    If the law doesn't apply to OC, then it doesn't apply to CC.

But your squirt gun, hidden away in your dresser at home is probably safe, for now.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    OP, not criticizing you at all, but if I were in the process of leaving the mall, I would have simply ignored the mall cop and kept walking. There is nothing a mall cop needs to tell me that would cause me to stop and listen to their babbling.

I also happen to know from personal experience (nothing to do with carrying a firearm), that a simple "**** off punk" works quite well with the mall cop crowd, as well, but you better be sure you're leaving.:):

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I understand the need to educate, but sometimes in these situations I feel that you should just respond with a simple "yes I am allowed to carry my firearm in a public place, have a nice day." Then just continue on your way.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Well, at least if someone does a google search on a "Mall Meat Popsicle" or an "Open Carry Security Guard", they will get the benefit and enjoyment of reading through here too!

Maybe Jake is using the Royal "We". Not to be confused with the toilets in Buckingham Palace...

OP - Patience is a virtue. You are more virtuous than I am. :D I think you handled it well.

Top Bottom